ESPN: Sean Lee's maniacal preparation leads to no guesswork

RS12

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas -- At the snap, Sean Lee's eyes are not even on the snap. They aren’t even on the Philadelphia Eagles' offense. His head is turned, as he gives Jeff Heath a glance to make sure the safety is in the right spot.

Before Carson Wentz gets the shotgun snap, Lee has shuffled twice to his left. Underneath him Byron Jones is locked in on tight end Zach Ertz. Tyrone Crawford is engaged with the right tackle Halapoulivaati Vaitai in front of him.

Before Wentz can throw the screen pass to Darren Sproles in the flat, Lee has exploded toward the ballcarrier so quickly that center Jason Kelce has no chance to ward him off. By the time Sproles' feet hit the ground, Lee has wrapped him up and made the tackle for a 6-yard loss.

In a seven-point game with just under eight minutes to play, Lee's tackle knocked the Eagles out of field-goal range and forces a punt.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...es-maniacal-preparation-leads-to-no-guesswork

RS12

Reaction score
How do you maximize your ability if you have some nice tools but arent a freak athlete? Preparation. If not for injuries I think he could have been the best Cowboy LB ever and likely HOFer.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Wonder if he will be ultrahypered up to play his home team. I think he was a Steelers fan growing up.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
"Watching film with him, you can't just go in there without a notebook," fellow linebacker Anthony Hitchens said. "You've got to be ready to take some notes and learn. He improved me in not just watching film to watch film. But watching film to get something out of it and becoming a better player."

Sean Lee gives me hope that this defense will be great again.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
The Old Cowboys board Josh Keety used to run, I was in the chat the day we drafted him. Literally everybody else is saying the same thing.

'OMG ANOTHER LBER??!!!
WHYYYYYYY
WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING?/!!
WASTED PICK
TERRIFIC A MIDGET LINEBACKER!
OMG WE GOT SEAN LEE! I can't believe he was still there! YOU ARE GOING *LOVE* SEAN LEE!!!!
FIRE EVERYBODY!
WE ARE SO STUPID! WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER LBER!

Now 1 of those up there was mine, and I'll leave you to guess which one it was....

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FRISCO, Texas -- At the snap, Sean Lee's eyes are not even on the snap. They aren’t even on the Philadelphia Eagles' offense. His head is turned, as he gives Jeff Heath a glance to make sure the safety is in the right spot.

Before Carson Wentz gets the shotgun snap, Lee has shuffled twice to his left. Underneath him Byron Jones is locked in on tight end Zach Ertz. Tyrone Crawford is engaged with the right tackle Halapoulivaati Vaitai in front of him.

Before Wentz can throw the screen pass to Darren Sproles in the flat, Lee has exploded toward the ballcarrier so quickly that center Jason Kelce has no chance to ward him off. By the time Sproles' feet hit the ground, Lee has wrapped him up and made the tackle for a 6-yard loss.

In a seven-point game with just under eight minutes to play, Lee's tackle knocked the Eagles out of field-goal range and forces a punt.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...es-maniacal-preparation-leads-to-no-guesswork
More Lee(s) please...and less DBryant(s).

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Th e part about some claiming he calls out the offenses plays before they run them reminds me of Dat Nguyen.
I remember he was so good at it during one game you could hear him yell out shovel pass shovel pass and he turned out to be right.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Lee is like having a Defensive coach on the field. The guy spends a ton of time looking at film and knows what the offense is doing. I have ton of respect for Lee.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Th e part about some claiming he calls out the offenses plays before they run them reminds me of Dat Nguyen.
I remember he was so good at it during one game you could hear him yell out shovel pass shovel pass and he turned out to be right.
It was against Philly. Think it was the Roy pick-6 game, but can't completely remember.
It's in this video around 2:40.