News: ESPN: Sidelined McCarthy lauds Cowboys' 'adversity win'

Haimerej

Reaction score
Honestly, I think the adversities MM is talking about were the issues ( I can't say in this zone ) beyond their control.

Well yeah. I'm just saying comparing what this team was dealing with to what's happening in NO is a bit different. I think NO has a bigger handicap.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Well yeah. I'm just saying comparing what this team was dealing with to what's happening in NO is a bit different. I think NO has a bigger handicap.

So now it's who had the bigger issues? (LOL)

It's why I've said, who cares, we got the win which is way better than a loss.

Haimerej

Reaction score
On the road, against one of the best coaches in the NFL and in one of the toughest places to play in the NFL, made this an adversity win. There were even some pundits and analysts on the morning shows who picked the Cowboys to lose this game I believe.

Which was based on how they've looked recently moreso than an endorsement of NO. But I still can't see how NO wasn't objectively worse off.

Haimerej

Reaction score
So now it's who had the bigger issues? (LOL)

It's why I've said, who cares, we got the win which is way better than a loss.

Well... yeah. I mean... they had a Wildcat QB playing the whole game. But we're crowing about overcoming adversity? Sorry if I have a different sense of humor, but I think that's funny.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Not sure this should qualify as an adversity win. I mean, the Saints "QB" could barely throw 10 yards downfield.
Imagine a healthy Dak with that oline and no weapons, he'd been lucky to get 3 on the board.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes they did. That seems to happen to this team a lot over the years.
The difference is. This time they pulled out a win, instead of finding a way too lose.
They have several games like that this year. So things are changing for the better from that viewpoint.

As said that is a tough place to play.
Good points.

pancakeman

Reaction score
I heard loud and enthusiastic cheering every time the Cowboys made a big play.
As an indoor stadium full of a big contingent of Cowboys fans, should we really still be considering the Superdome "one of the toughest places to play in the NFL"? If so, why?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Not sure this should qualify as an adversity win. I mean, the Saints "QB" could barely throw 10 yards downfield.

On the road in the Superdome and everything else going on, along with the losing streak, this is an adversity win. We needed a win, and we got one.

Haimerej

Reaction score
On the road in the Superdome and everything else going on, along with the losing streak, this is an adversity win. We needed a win, and we got one.

If facing that team under those conditions is overcoming adversity then this team should toughen up. They played a JV team and did what they were supposed to do- win.