News: ESPN: Source: Garrett to meet with Jones again Thursday

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe we need to make our own rule? We just need to use our brains as a management staff, other teams don't seem to struggle with it.

with Jerry there is no "resting that cowboys under good managment"

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Jerry Jones sacrificed good years of this team for a guy “who he considers family”. A guy who was paid millions of dollars to be mediocre.

meanwhile the fans are sitting here in the trenches embarrassed. in a gear where our division was very weak we still couldn’t win it

JJ deserves every losing season he gets.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
I can't wait for the press conference. JJ has always been skilled at spewing nonsense for 30-40 minutes without losing breath.
This one will be classic.
Whenever it is.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Roadtrip---- are you a serious Cooper Rush fan?.....hey man got nothing against it....i was a total Rico Gathers fan...that is why my name is Go-Rico
More of a Rush (the band) fan and figured their starman logo/ Dallas star would be a good mashup for Cooper Rush

NewCoach

Reaction score
Any chance the great Garrett can break George Halas's record for longest-tenured HC?

He'll have to be coaching in his 80s for that to happen, but...he wants to be the coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

It'll be interesting to see how many "terrible" coordinators he has over the next 30+ years.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I would bet, they are looking for another role within the organization for him.
I dont think so, I had a thought last nite, and here it is:

What if Jason was offered a extension last year but turned it down? Or what if he wasnt and it made him mad.
So now he is ready to leave to try coaching elsewhere. Then there was the him going to giants as HC rumour.
So either he plans on leaving, or it is a reverse psychology ploy by JG!

You can fire me if you want, if you dont I am quitting, bye bye, I will take another team to the SB.
And Jerry, he spent 10 years making a HC out of him, and yeah 60 million + the money for his OC/Asst HC years, so all total about 80 million
has been invested in JG and making him a HC, so jerry thinks if he lets him go now another team will benefit from the coach he built.
Also it is sort of like you are ready to break up with a girl, and then she tells you she wants to break up, and then you start to question your
decision to break up.

And these meetings could be about Jerry trying to talk Jason into staying, but Jason says I can only stay if these conditions are met, stuff
that gives him more power, and one would be Jason being OC again and calling the plays.
Once he gets Jerry in this position, then he can ask for a lot of things, and now they are haggling over what he gets, and if jerry doesnt cave
jason is leaving on the 14th!
So you think jerry will cave? sure he will, he would probably give in to all demands except a new GM.
JG might even get more money to stay!

Jason still carries those play sheets in his pants every game, why I dont know, but I know he wants to call plays again, and have more control
over the staff, and possibly FA.

So what we might wind up with is a empowered JG , he would call the plays again and control FA and staff.
For how long, I dont know, that could be another thing they haggle over.

If jerry wanted him gone he would already be gone, and they would be interviewing guys that were available, whether they want them or not.
but instead they are meeting with JG, and JG is not interviewing either.

So I think these meetings are about jerry trying to get JG to stay and JG turning him down unless his demands are met.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
For the special teams debacle Garrett should absolutely be fired. But, the GM would have to be held accountable, too. Soooo, we all know how that goes then, right?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This is more drama than the Dallas television series
Now I have the Dallas song stuck in my head:
Doo dooooooo, doo doooooo, doodoo doodoodoodoo
Doo Doo Doo DooDooDooDooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Our next coach has a game on the 13th, Garrett is employed until the 14th.

It'll work itself out naturally.

CashMan

Reaction score
I dont think so, I had a thought last nite, and here it is:

What if Jason was offered a extension last year but turned it down? Or what if he wasnt and it made him mad.
So now he is ready to leave to try coaching elsewhere. Then there was the him going to giants as HC rumour.
So either he plans on leaving, or it is a reverse psychology ploy by JG!

You can fire me if you want, if you dont I am quitting, bye bye, I will take another team to the SB.
And Jerry, he spent 10 years making a HC out of him, and yeah 60 million + the money for his OC/Asst HC years, so all total about 80 million
has been invested in JG and making him a HC, so jerry thinks if he lets him go now another team will benefit from the coach he built.
Also it is sort of like you are ready to break up with a girl, and then she tells you she wants to break up, and then you start to question your
decision to break up.

And these meetings could be about Jerry trying to talk Jason into staying, but Jason says I can only stay if these conditions are met, stuff
that gives him more power, and one would be Jason being OC again and calling the plays.
Once he gets Jerry in this position, then he can ask for a lot of things, and now they are haggling over what he gets, and if jerry doesnt cave
jason is leaving on the 14th!
So you think jerry will cave? sure he will, he would probably give in to all demands except a new GM.
JG might even get more money to stay!

Jason still carries those play sheets in his pants every game, why I dont know, but I know he wants to call plays again, and have more control
over the staff, and possibly FA.

So what we might wind up with is a empowered JG , he would call the plays again and control FA and staff.
For how long, I dont know, that could be another thing they haggle over.

If jerry wanted him gone he would already be gone, and they would be interviewing guys that were available, whether they want them or not.
but instead they are meeting with JG, and JG is not interviewing either.

So I think these meetings are about jerry trying to get JG to stay and JG turning him down unless his demands are met.

This is interesting, but at this point, he would have to know the fanbase would revolt.