ESPN: Sources: WR Dez Bryant to visit Cowboys

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Cover 2;3313469 said:
I'd say where Dez is drafted will tell a lot about his supposed character concerns. He's a top 5 talent, so if he falls into the 20's then there is probably something to the rumors. If he goes in the top 10 or low teens then that could be due to his time away from the game. I guess draft day we will find out.

And about the alcohol thing I should have clarified one thing. When I was told he was drunk I never asked how drunk. As far as I know he only had a couple of beers. I really didn't go too much into it. I don't see any reason why he would make it up though.

thanks for the info buddy; totally agree with that, if he falls its a reason for it, not just rumors; if he just goes around 10 or so, its due to his lack of playing the game, and not being able to run at combine etc...

main thing i want, to trust our scouts., thats what they are hired for to interview, find things out and get a really good player in that first round to help us, no matter who it is, but the best player for us;

its kinda like when we landed michael irvin in 88, emmmit smith in 17th round, sometimes you just have to have ladyluck on your side and God favor you, with some good draft picks,.

Reaction score
casmith07;3313350 said:
A huge "if" for a player that doesn't like to show up on time for meetings, practices, or games.

I'm glad you've moved on from Gaither and Atogwe, though.

lol, forget Gaither, I was always a skeptic. I still want Atogwe though.

If Vince Young can learn an NFL playbook, so can Dez Bryant.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
We've learned that you don't have to draft a guy very high to find quality WRs but if Dez Bryant is looking at us at 27 and we don't pull the trigger I'll be an angry man.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3313582 said:
lol, forget Gaither, I was always a skeptic. I still want Atogwe though.

If Vince Young can learn an NFL playbook, so can Dez Bryant.

They never taught Vince Young an NFL playbook - they just used stuff from his Texas playbook.

Seriously.

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
casmith07;3313070 said:
This man speaks truths. I don't want Golden Tate either, but the facts don't lie.

YUP!!:) I differ with you on one thing though. Regardless of draft NEED , If Tate is there at 27 and we dont take him I think its a huge mistake. Best w.r in the draft bar none, schooled by Multiple superbowl winning coach Charlie Weis. Drafting for NEED over best player available can really get you burned in a big hurry. Thats how you end up drafting the Kavika Pittmans, Shante Carvers, and Dwayne Goodriches of the world. You ALWAYS draft the best possible player unless your lucky enuff to have a player that is not only elite, but fills one of your needs also and he lands in your lap.

Lets say a team needs an outside l.b in a terrible way, but its a poor draft for l.b's. You NEVER burn your pick on the linebacker anyway just because it fits a need. That gets you a middling "if lucky" team.

On to Tate....Imo he can be another Terry Glenn type, something we havent had since, ...Glenn...LOL That guy who can take a 10 yarder over the middle and has the juice in his ankles to turn it into a big play. Little Kelvin Martin used to do that for us more than anybody gives him credit for back in the heydays of the 90's. Think he can battle it out in the receiving corp AND be a kick returner for us THIS season.

Its thinking about the season after next that REALLY gets me excited after we are rid of the dark stain on our team known as Roy Williams! :eek: We can be rid of him by then, Plus my boy O Tree will have another year of seasoning. Without entering Crayton into the mix for the moment I look at a top three receiving corp of Austin, O Tree, and Tate and just about want to drool. Size/speed/and hops all over the field, to say nothing of what Felix brings to the field!

In my mind you go Tate at 27 and then Ducasse in round two, even if you have to move up a little to ensure getting Ducasse. SWEET deal....... Drafting a guy like Pouncey gives us NOTHING this season, probably nothing the season after either.

No way he unseats anyone in the interior line this year. Were so close, windows stay open only so long before Age and or injury gets you. Cant afford to make the wrong call here.

Woods

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed;3315163 said:
YUP!!:) I differ with you on one thing though. Regardless of draft NEED , If Tate is there at 27 and we dont take him I think its a huge mistake. Best w.r in the draft bar none, schooled by Multiple superbowl winning coach Charlie Weis. Drafting for NEED over best player available can really get you burned in a big hurry. Thats how you end up drafting the Kavika Pittmans, Shante Carvers, and Dwayne Goodriches of the world. You ALWAYS draft the best possible player unless your lucky enuff to have a player that is not only elite, but fills one of your needs also and he lands in your lap.

Lets say a team needs an outside l.b in a terrible way, but its a poor draft for l.b's. You NEVER burn your pick on the linebacker anyway just because it fits a need. That gets you a middling "if lucky" team.

On to Tate....Imo he can be another Terry Glenn type, something we havent had since, ...Glenn...LOL That guy who can take a 10 yarder over the middle and has the juice in his ankles to turn it into a big play. Little Kelvin Martin used to do that for us more than anybody gives him credit for back in the heydays of the 90's. Think he can battle it out in the receiving corp AND be a kick returner for us THIS season.

Its thinking about the season after next that REALLY gets me excited after we are rid of the dark stain on our team known as Roy Williams! :eek: We can be rid of him by then, Plus my boy O Tree will have another year of seasoning. Without entering Crayton into the mix for the moment I look at a top three receiving corp of Austin, O Tree, and Tate and just about want to drool. Size/speed/and hops all over the field, to say nothing of what Felix brings to the field!

In my mind you go Tate at 27 and then Ducasse in round two, even if you have to move up a little to ensure getting Ducasse. SWEET deal....... Drafting a guy like Pouncey gives us NOTHING this season, probably nothing the season after either.

No way he unseats anyone in the interior line this year. Were so close, windows stay open only so long before Age and or injury gets you. Cant afford to make the wrong call here.

I will say one thing . . . . the Cowboys really liked Percy Harvin the player coming out of the draft last year.

A lot of people are comparing Tate's skill set to Harvin's.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys went that direction. In the Cowboys' minds, one thing that may help them with that decision is that Tate could be the KR as well.

Of course, the Cowboys have also talked with Tate in the last month or so. Clearly they were doing some due diligence.

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Woods;3315168 said:
I will say one thing . . . . the Cowboys really liked Percy Harvin the player coming out of the draft last year.

A lot of people are comparing Tate's skill set to Harvin's.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys went that direction. In the Cowboys' minds, one thing that may help them with that decision is that Tate could be the KR as well.

Of course, the Cowboys have also talked with Tate in the last month or so. Clearly they were doing some due diligence.

Yep.........;)