ESPN: Sources: WR Dez Bryant to visit Cowboys

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof;3312089 said:
I can't decide if I want us to move up and snag him assuming he starts to slide into the teens . . . or simply stay put and work on our lines.

I think we're a good enough team we can gamble on a potential playmaker . . . someone who would give opposing defenses something to consider opposite Austin.

I don't see him sliding into the teens and even he did the price would be way too steep to move up from #27 to get him.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
LatinMind;3312474 said:
stay away from them oklahoma state wrs. bryant reminds me of rashaun woods. oklahoma state wrs, penn state rbs, no no no

What a horrible comparison of players. Lmao Rashaun Woods was a possesion WR, nothing more nothing less. Dez Bryant is a game breaker. Sheesh.

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3312473 said:
lol

if we traded for Gaither, that means Flo would be gone.

Not that hard to figure that one out.

thanks smart one..

thats why Gaither hasn't been linked to the cowboys, or ever will be. Jerry isn't wasting a 1st.

FLO isn't going anywhere, lmao.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3312485 said:
thanks smart one..

thats why Gaither hasn't been linked to the cowboys, or ever will be. Jerry isn't wasting a 1st.

FLO isn't going anywhere, lmao.
Jerry has wasted plenty of 1sts....

Spending one on a player of his caliber isn't wasting anything, although I don't think there's any possibility of getting him.

Reaction score
Double Trouble;3312534 said:

Spending one on a player of his caliber isn't wasting anything, although I don't think there's any possibility of getting him.

yes it is, especially when it's one of the deepest class' since the 80's. Plus FLO and Colombo are going no where. Same 5 will be starting, except maybe free. It also doesn't make any sense since there are plenty of quality T/G later on in the draft.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3312084 said:
No way we take a wr in the first round unless we deal RW11.

well we arent dealing roy, have to get used to that, at least this year, too much money tied up in roy, bonus etc, and jerry isnt willing to give up on him yet,

as to dez, when the draft picks became available to interview, first 3 players the cowboys interviewed were trent williams, jason fox and dez bryant

now dez is going to have him pro day in lufkin texas where i live, and then he is going to visit valley ranch april 1st, so the cowboys are doing their homework on dez, and checking out the red flags in his past,

i said awhile baack that dez was going to fall, some of you told me no way, but i keep hearing he is falling, i say he goes anwhere from 17th to 28th pick, remember randy moss when he had the issues, and he felll to 21st pick to vikings,

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

He hasn't wasted many lately. The only bad one we've had since 02 is Carpenter.

Jones, Jenkins, Spears, Ware, Newman, RW, and Spencer all dispute your claim.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3312486 said:
Flo + Free + First Rounder > Free + Gaither

Want to make that bet?

Yeah let's bet a million dollars, not.

10 more years of high quality left tackle play + Gaither + Free > Flo + Free + first rounder

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score

If Gaither is such an amazing talent and can easily be had for the 1st rd pick, how come teams with far bigger holes at LT than us arnt considering him? I've seen nothing mentioned anywhere about anyone having interest in Gaither.

I think some people are vastly overstating how good this guy is.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
There is just no chance of Dez falling to 27, however if that somehow did happen............I think you take him or deal the pick to some team wanting to move up (ala Brady Quinn trade).

Of it could just be a smokescreen, you know. Bring in the guy for a private workout to get other teams to notice even though you have no plans on drafting the guy at all.

Either way, I stay at 27 and just let the draft play out.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
dbair1967;3312654 said:
If Gaither is such an amazing talent and can easily be had for the 1st rd pick, how come teams with far bigger holes at LT than us arnt considering him? I've seen nothing mentioned anywhere about anyone having interest in Gaither.

The problem is the contract, not the pick. People are forgetting that Baltimore can match any offer, so unless a team uses a poison pill, the offer is going to have to be huge for the Ravens to let Gaither walk.

We are talking $10 to $12 mill per season on a 6 or 7 year deal with around 40% of the contract guaranteed.

Eskimo

Reaction score
This kid is a boom/bust pick. I'd take him in the mid-second round if we had such a pick but not in the 1st given his attitude, poor work ethic and signability issues.

In all honesty, I thought we were done with players like this.

JBS

Reaction score
does anyone have any idea how fast this kid is? I know he didn't run at the combine but does anyone have a rough estimate of his speed? is he a 4.4 guy or a 4.5 guy or slower than that?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Alexander;3312119 said:
I am certain Deion Sanders has already vouched for him with Jerry Jones and assured him, that like Pacman Jones, Bryant is straight.

Ouch..

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3312693 said:
does anyone have any idea how fast this kid is? I know he didn't run at the combine but does anyone have a rough estimate of his speed? is he a 4.4 guy or a 4.5 guy or slower than that?

I think people are expecting 4.55 or so with him, he's a big kid. Unless he runs alot slower than that, I doubt he slips much.

If I'm not mistaken he has some sort of hamstring injury right now as well.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;3312660 said:
The problem is the contract, not the pick. People are forgetting that Baltimore can match any offer, so unless a team uses a poison pill, the offer is going to have to be huge for the Ravens to let Gaither walk.

We are talking $10 to $12 mill per season on a 6 or 7 year deal with around 40% of the contract guaranteed.

OK, so everyone knows it supposedly would take a big contract to sign him, if he is such an elite talent, why didnt Baltimore put the highest tender on him so they'd get a 1st and 3rd in return, and make it even more unlikely he could leave? The higher tender wouldnt have cost that much more on their cap.

Gaither isnt worth the numbers you just threw out there, nor do I think he's worth a 1st rd pick. If he were, Baltimore would be doing more to make sure they keep him. You dont let young elite LT players walk away, no matter what player is lined up in the RT spot.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
The Giants have Domenik Hixon tendered for a 2nd, he has speed and is great on kick returns. Would definitely consider the kid, he's only 25.

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
I myself would take Golden Tate over Bryant any day of the week. For one, he's not an idiot like Bryant, he has a good head on his shoulders. For another, he has the speed and hops in is feet that Bryant doesnt.

Lastly, Tate has spent his college career playing in a pro style offense under Charlie Weiss.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
dbair1967;3312654 said:

The true indicator to me is how San Francisco has responded to the rumors.

They went out of their way to deny them and they actually have two first round choices.