ESPN suspends Steve Phillips after sex scandal surfaces

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Maybe Steve Phillips and Sean Salisbury should do a show together and call it " Jocks and their Junk "

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Big Dakota;3027343 said:
No, we have an all new failure in Omar Minaya:banghead:

I am a Yankee fan. I dont hate the mets. Just not a fan.

I dont understand Minaya.

I also believe that firing Randolph was a BIG mistake. They should have gotten rid of Minaya and some of those pos players. Randolph has some great success with that team. Pedro and Beltran were poor signings.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Mick,

Willie Randolph lost me the first game he managed for the Mets against the Reds. He did not know how to make a double switch. I thought, OMG, this guy does not even know the rules. I let that go but thru the years other things bothered me. He NEVER got thrown out of a ballgame. If there was a bad call against the MEts, he would wonder out of the dugout, smile, roll his eyes and go back in. His theory was that he did not want to get thrown out because the team needed him. If he is not standing up for his players then I doubt they did not want to play for him and in the end they quit.

If a young player would come up he would not play him because in his words they had to "earn their dues." How are they going to earn their dues sitting on the bench.

I was glad to see Randolph go but just wish Minaya would have gone with him. He is the ultimate clueless GM. Thinks he can buy his way to winning and it does not work that way. All the things he said when he was hired about being younger and more athletic have not transpired. They are older and less athletic. Stupid big signings of a head case like Ollie Perez or Luis Castillo who could not pull a ball left handed if he tried, have crippled them.

Minaya is revered in the Caribbean. I did a property inspection on Fernando Tatis' parents home. On the wall was a picture of the Pope and several of OMar. It was funny. And of course Fernando plays for the Mets. Citi Field is a retirement home for Dominacan players.....

Big Dakota

Reaction score
alg_brooke_hundley.jpg
Marino for News
Brooke Hundley, 22-year-old production assistant who had affair with ESPN analyst Steve Philips, leaves her apartment complex Friday.

Brooke Hundley, the mistress whose fling with ESPN analyst Steve Phillips ended the former Mets GM's marriage and may have permanently damaged his career, surfaced outside her Connecticut home for the first time since the sex scandal broke.
A photographer for the New York Daily News captured 22-year-old Hundley leaving her house Friday as she breezed by reporters without comment.
After being spurned by Phillips following their three-week affair, Hundley left a taunting letter for Phillips’ wife about their tryst. Hundley wrote that she was "not just some random girl he had sex with in parking lots."
Phillips' wife, Marni, called police Aug. 19 when she came home to find Hundley in her driveway.
Hundley, in turn, claims Phillips tried to ruin her career and threatened to get her fired if she told his wife about their affair.
Phillips, 46, has acknowledged the affair and took a leave of absence from the network. In 1998, he admitted having sex with a Mets employee, who sued for sexual harassment. That case was settled out of court.

ArmyCowboy

Reaction score
Big Dakota;3029596 said:
alg_brooke_hundley.jpg
Marino for News
Brooke Hundley, 22-year-old production assistant who had affair with ESPN analyst Steve Philips, leaves her apartment complex Friday.

Brooke Hundley, the mistress whose fling with ESPN analyst Steve Phillips ended the former Mets GM's marriage and may have permanently damaged his career, surfaced outside her Connecticut home for the first time since the sex scandal broke.
A photographer for the New York Daily News captured 22-year-old Hundley leaving her house Friday as she breezed by reporters without comment.
After being spurned by Phillips following their three-week affair, Hundley left a taunting letter for Phillips’ wife about their tryst. Hundley wrote that she was "not just some random girl he had sex with in parking lots."
Phillips' wife, Marni, called police Aug. 19 when she came home to find Hundley in her driveway.
Hundley, in turn, claims Phillips tried to ruin her career and threatened to get her fired if she told his wife about their affair.
Phillips, 46, has acknowledged the affair and took a leave of absence from the network. In 1998, he admitted having sex with a Mets employee, who sued for sexual harassment. That case was settled out of court.

She looks like she has more chins than a Chinese phonebook.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Danny White;3028423 said:
This chick is a serious "Two-Face" of epic proportions.

Hmmm, interesting... hey baby.

22E.letterbrooke(C)--300x300.jpg

Run, run for your lives! Arghhhh, my eyes are burning!

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/********/2009/10/stevephillips2.jpg
The only reason she looks somewhat decent in the first picture is because 1) she obviously spent more time getting ready than usual, because obviously it is Halloween in that picture and 2) most importantly the trajectory of the camera angle. Shooting a picture downward like that makes one look skinnier, which is why she chose that angle. It's not the case of her being a two-face, but just the camera angle and her pose.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
EsPn fired him today, and Phillips checked himself into a clinic for his problem. I think he just should have gone to the eye doctor instead. Saved him a lot of money and a lot less time..

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
FloridaRob;3036438 said:
EsPn fired him today, and Phillips checked himself into a clinic for his problem. I think he just should have gone to the eye doctor instead. Saved him a lot of money and a lot less time..

Jeez. If you're gonna lose your family and your job over a fling, make sure the tramp is a stone cold hottie.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;3036542 said:
Jeez. If you're gonna lose your family and your job over a fling, make sure the tramp is a stone cold hottie.

let's not act like you would do any better, gutter boy

rynochop

Reaction score
Cover 2;3029810 said:
The only reason she looks somewhat decent in the first picture is because 1) she obviously spent more time getting ready than usual, because obviously it is Halloween in that picture and 2) most importantly the trajectory of the camera angle. Shooting a picture downward like that makes one look skinnier, which is why she chose that angle. It's not the case of her being a two-face, but just the camera angle and her pose.

I thinks its more that the top pic was taken a lot of Sour Dough Jacks ago.

I just now heard about this story watching ESPN and their dismissal of him. The first person i thought of was Erin Andrews. Then this. Whoever said it looked like a guy i went to high school with was right. He rode skate boards and was into Iron Maiden.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
rynochop;3036885 said:
Whoever said it looked like a guy i went to high school with was right. He rode skate boards and was into Iron Maiden.

:lmao2:

We must have gone to the same high school. :)