News: ESPN: Tony Romo misses on just two passes in OTAs

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Likely a sign that we are going ALL THE WAY!
Yeah, because Romo usually sucks when it really counts... :huh:

Something stirred, deep within you, for you to make that comment. From somewhere deep in your psyche, lad? From false sarcasm usually lurk painful memories.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
It's only OTAs, but its still good to hear. Even though there's no pads/contact, it's good that he's on target and guys are catching them.

rockj7

Reaction score
Good to see Romo participate in all the team activities this year.

I got a question cause I really don't know so its better to ask then to make an assumption. When I hear that our QB looks great or WR such and such looks spectacular, I don't know if its because our defense is not all that great as a unit or because the offense is just that good? Not to be negative just hope someone can shed some knowledge

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I got a question cause I really don't know so its better to ask then to make an assumption. When I hear that our QB looks great or WR such and such looks spectacular, I don't know if its because our defense is not all that great as a unit or because the offense is just that good? Not to be negative just hope someone can shed some knowledge

Put it this way, there is no way in any team activity will they allow Romo to be in any danger at all so regardless of how hard they try to simulate game conditions, the defense is at a disadvantage without the threat of the QB getting hit. To take it even further, nobody really wants to hurt anyone, not just QB, and I think that also favors offense.

rockj7

Reaction score
Put it this way, there is no way in any team activity will they allow Romo to be in any danger at all so regardless of how hard they try to simulate game conditions, the defense is at a disadvantage without the threat of the QB getting hit. To take it even further, nobody really wants to hurt anyone, not just QB, and I think that also favors offense.

Thanks SK

DFWJC

Reaction score

yeah, the defense is always at a disadvantage in the passing game in non-contact.
Guess I would assume everyone understands that, but yeah, that's true.

The good news is
  • In the last full season Romo played he was completing passes at better rate than all NFL QBs.
  • Then in that year's playoffs, he still led the league in QB rating.
  • And then last year in the only game (game 1) he played healthy, he completed > 70%

So whether in practice or for real, he has been dominating anyway.

chagus

Reaction score
so he went 0/2 ?

Sorry but i hate those reports. Uh this guys did so great an did you see this guy and what about him he could walk three steps in a straight line on his own.

I cant wait for the season to begin. Lets see what he can do when it really counts. Thats why i love sports. You can talk as much as you want but in the end everybody will see what you can do on the field. Not like politics.

Everything right now is just money making and story selling. I really dont care.

Well, i do care. Someone saying Romo is kickin ***... thats GREAT news to me!!! Trying to decipher it in a gloomy kinda way just makes ZERO sense to me. GO COWBOYS!!!!
DontWorryBeHappyBobbyMcFerrin.jpg

Section446

Reaction score
Great to see him out there, but this is totally meaningless, I hate this time of year!