ESPN | Young looking to cutdown on workload; means more of Ditka

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Steve Young grew up in a laizze fair type of household. I'm not sure if he's mentally tough enough to be a NFL analyst on ESPN.

rich.......

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 17:53:37 -0700

Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports ESPN's Steve Young, who lives in California, wants to cut down on his travel schedule and is speaking to the network about no longer appearing every week in ESPN's Bristol, Conn., studios. That would result in an expanded role for NFL analyst Mike Ditka. Young does plan to appear on ESPN's Monday Night Football pregame show.

Gee Steve. Sorry that 6-7 figure job you have w/ ESPN has you flying to Bristol for two days of "work" per week...for less than half the year. How dare them treat you so poorly!

Maybe you should command ESPN to build you your own personal mini-studio behind your house. You could even have them construct a little fake football field inside of it just like they have in Bristol. Or better yet, why don't you just stay in bed with a laptop and Instant Message your analysis to Bristol during the pregame show and viewers can simply read your brillance on the flatscreen monitor.

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
The only thing I'm going to miss about Young is seeing Irvin look confused when Steve uses one of his big words.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good, one less Cowboys hater to have to listen to.

At least Mike tells it like it is, whether you like it or not.
Besides, Mike has the Cowboys blood line in him.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Glenn Carano said:
That was a good show. The one with Chris Myers, Deacon Jones, Billy Ray Smith and Bob Golic right? I used to enjoy that as well, good stuff.
Yes, even Jay Mohr was insightful at times with his humor.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
He's also the epitome of no personality :D
That's the sad part, he's playing that role. The guy is genuinely funny and fun loving when you take away that dang camera.

Politically correct football announcers and analysts are dull.

DWelch1775

Couch Warmer
Reaction score
Kittymama said:
The only thing I'm going to miss about Young is seeing Irvin look confused when Steve uses one of his big words.

I thought i was the only one that noticed that.:lmao2: