ESPN's Colin Cowturd

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
says Packers are better than Cowboys...claims he likes just about everything on GB better than Dallas (GB has better QB, offense, coach, defense) and that Dallas has huge secondary problems that GB doesnt have (never once acknowledged it might have something to do with our best CB not playing)...also never mentioned any of the other key players we've been missing

says Dallas has a "slight edge" in the ability to run the ball, but that isnt a big deal

this is the same genius that told us that Michael Vick would lead the Falcons to a 14-2 record and run away with the league MVP award, and would become a totally unstoppable passer...that was preseason of 2006

David

Colo

Rocky Mountain High
Reaction score
GB cannot keep winning like that with zero running game to speak of.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On rare occasions, a caller will phone in and tell him how rude he is and he'll just lose it on the spot. He'll go into some tirade about, "It's my show and if you don't like it yada, yada, yada!" Cowherd's a nut with a radio show, but I do like his show (I'm twisted that way).

kevwun

Reaction score
I will be shocked if Brett Favre isn't slinging interceptions right and left by the end of the season.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
He's a hater. If dallas were losing im sure his take would've been.......Jerry is ruining the franchise again. He wasn't fond of the wade phillps hire. He said it wasn't SEXY enough. Who cares about sexy, results are the only thing that matters. They all wants to see dallas fail so it can validate their colleague parcells. I like cowherd's show, he loves college football, but sometimes his views are way off based.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowturd is a clown who's not nearly as smart or insightful as he thinks he is.

He says outrageous, baseless things merely to stir up interest.

ESPN really misses Erik Kuselias. He would have some interesting opinions, but always backed up his points with facts.

I'll turn off the radio or change the channel before I listen to Cowturd..

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Another point they wanted to make was how much better Pittsburgh was than Dallas, and one of the reasons cited was because Dallas hasnt really played anybody

mighty Pitt has played Cleveland, Buffalo and SF...SF barely beat two pretty bad teams before going to Pittsburgh

David

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Cowherd knows what hes talking about most of the time... This isn't one of those times obviously.

Its obvious Dallas is the best in the NFC right now.

Man that feels good to say.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;1667301 said:
Cowherd knows what hes talking about most of the time... This isn't one of those times obviously.

Its obvious Dallas is the best in the NFC right now.

Man that feels good to say.
I agree. It's still early yet, but I said the same thing during chat last night. Regardless of what the pundits might say, right now, the Cowboys are the best NFC team.

Green Bay? Please.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CATCH17;1667301 said:
Cowherd knows what hes talking about most of the time... .

I listen to him alot driving around in the car, I cant say I am impressed with him, nor do I think he knows what he is talking about the majority of the time.

David

superpunk

Reaction score
I have heard of this fellow.

I've even heard his show, although I bailed because all I could think was "SPIT ALREADY!"

He sounds like he has a mouth full of spit, and it's about to explode all over the mic.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;1667333 said:
I have heard of this fellow.

I've even heard his show, although I bailed because all I could think was "SPIT ALREADY!"

He sounds like he has a mouth full of spit, and it's about to explode all over the mic.
~nauseated now/runs to restroom~

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Colo;1667252 said:
GB cannot keep winning like that with zero running game to speak of.
Philly did it four years straight. Yeah they had Brian Westbrook, but how did they use him most? In the short passing game.

When the Pats won their first two super bowls, they had little to no running game. They used the short passing game as well.

Favre is still a good enough QB in the NFC that he can do some damage. Time will tell how far GB can go, but they're winning, and at the end of the day (to quote my man Emmitt), that's all that matters.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1667339 said:
Philly did it four years straight. Yeah they had Brian Westbrook, but how did they use him most? In the short passing game.

When the Pats won their first two super bowls, they had little to no running game. They used the short passing game as well.

Favre is still a good enough QB in the NFC that he can do some damage. Time will tell how far GB can go, but they're winning, and at the end of the day (to quote my man Emmitt), that's all that matters.

I know im totally 100% taking this out of context but I think if Favre and Romo keep up what they have done it will be between these 2 guys at the end of the year for league MVP.

Favre is more than good enough. I never jumped on the hes getting old so hes know good no more waggon.

He still can do anything a 30 year old can do and still moves not to bad for Quarterback standards.

Hes just been stuck with no team.

WHY DIDNT THEY GET MOSS! :bang2:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
How can he say GB has a better offense when we have more points than any team in the NFL?

jcollins28

Reaction score
The only way Cowturd has a smart or witty comment to make is if he steals it from a blog. Wait for a few days then listen for his week 3 NFL comments. By then he will have had a chance to surf the net and then he should have learned a thing or two about what really happened in week 3.

lzppjb

Reaction score
This guy just hates our great state. I've hated him since 2005 when he was dogging Vince Young and the Longhorns before the Rose Bowl. Saying all this BS about how we had no shot and VY wasn't good enough to beat the mighty Trojans. He ate some major crow for that.