ESPN's Colin Cowturd

VACowboy

Reaction score
CATCH17;1667301 said:
Cowherd knows what hes talking about most of the time...

On WHAT do you base THAT assertion? I listened to his show for a few months after Korheiser retired, but it became quickly apparent that Cowherd was gonna say whatever was gonna get the biggest rise out of the most people. He doesn't know any more what he's talking about than anybody else. He's obnoxious and I can't stand his show.

I too miss Kuselius. He was the best ESPN Radio had, by far.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
After the Gurode-Haynesworth incident last year Cowherd said it was just football and there was nothing wrong with it and if got suspended for more than a game it was overkill.

So basically he's a moron.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
CATCH17;1667353 said:
I know im totally 100% taking this out of context but I think if Favre and Romo keep up what they have done it will be between these 2 guys at the end of the year for league MVP.

Favre is more than good enough. I never jumped on the hes getting old so hes know good no more waggon.

He still can do anything a 30 year old can do and still moves not to bad for Quarterback standards.

Hes just been stuck with no team.

WHY DIDNT THEY GET MOSS! :bang2:

Well, I figure you have to add Manning and Brady to that list, along with Favre and Romo. Difference is, they all have rings and Romo doesn't.

I believe Romo is a real darkhorse for MVP. Manning and Brady have the big names and Favre will get the sympathy vote.

WarC

Reaction score
Thats a huge stretch. GB has no offensive weapons outside of Jennings and Driver at WR. Bubba Franks is an average TE receiving compared to both Fasano and Witten IMO. Their running game can't even compare to ours, JuJo would be the sure starter if he were on that team ahead of two former practice squaders and a 2nd round rookie in Brandon Jackson.

GB has the edge on defense mainly in the secondary. Even with Tnew healthy. Their front seven is good but Dallas' is better on paper with a healthy Greg Ellis in the picture.

Like Hos said though, reality will strike come Thanksgiving. Dallas will roll on GB no matter how well their offense plays.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
like hostile says "embrace the hate" and like bigbadroy says "let's ride the romomentum all the way to the superbowl"

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
could have sworn I heard him say last week we would go 16-0:eek: funny how things change in a week.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I would say Dallas has more then a slight edge in running the ball. Dallas also has better WRs, TEs and a much better Oline. Even if you give them a slight edge at QB based on Favres experience Dallas' offense is far superior to GBs.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deep_Freeze;1667574 said:
Well, I figure you have to add Manning and Brady to that list, along with Favre and Romo. Difference is, they all have rings and Romo doesn't.

I believe Romo is a real darkhorse for MVP. Manning and Brady have the big names and Favre will get the sympathy vote.

At this moment, Randy Moss has to be in the MVP discussion, IMHO.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
why does anyone care what he says? If you have ever listened to his show for even 10 minutes you would know that he is the perfect radio jock for espn.

He does exactly what they like.

He is a joke just like most of espn. Outside of Bob Lee they dont really even have a legitimate anchor.

SacredStar

Reaction score
Green Bay does have a good defense, but beyond that, they are lucky to be 3-0.

Had Philly not muffed two punts, GB would lost that game 16-6. Packers scored 10 points off those muffs.

And yesterday, San Diego had them but let them off the hook. Had San Diego's receivers dropped less balls, then Chargers win that game.

GB should be 1-2 with the only team they beat solidly was the Giants.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
dbair1967;1667322 said:
I listen to him alot driving around in the car, I cant say I am impressed with him, nor do I think he knows what he is talking about the majority of the time.

David
His show is ok, what I dont like is he doesnt own up when he was wrong. For instance, he laughed and lauged and criticized the hell out of the Miami Heat saying they were headed in the wrong direction and would never win a championship with over the hill Gary Payton (called him the mitten), streetball reject J-Will, and pull the trigger 'Twan.

Guess what the Heat did that season?

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
jimnabby;1668034 said:
At this moment, Randy Moss has to be in the MVP discussion, IMHO.

Moss or TO will never be in the MVP discussion only cause of off the field issues. Not that I agree with those thoughts, but some of our "holier than thou" people would never vote for them, so they are out of the discussion.

rynochop

Reaction score
I listen to Cowherd on my 20 minute commute in the morning. Thats about all i can handle.

He's kinda like Rome, who i acutally like. Says outlandish things to rile people up..which works apparently.

Like Kusilius (sp) too as mentioned. Even Turico who's taken over for Patrick is ok so far...If they could only get rid of friggin Salsbury, i'd probably listen more.

dwmyers

Reaction score
dbair1967;1667240 said:
says Packers are better than Cowboys...claims he likes just about everything on GB better than Dallas (GB has better QB, offense, coach, defense) and that Dallas has huge secondary problems that GB doesnt have (never once acknowledged it might have something to do with our best CB not playing)...also never mentioned any of the other key players we've been missing

says Dallas has a "slight edge" in the ability to run the ball, but that isnt a big deal

this is the same genius that told us that Michael Vick would lead the Falcons to a 14-2 record and run away with the league MVP award, and would become a totally unstoppable passer...that was preseason of 2006

David

You have to realize he was saying that Chicago was going to "crush" the Cowboys, and was saying it when Darren Woodson was his guest that day. I suspect this is all just trying to get some Cowboys fans mad and call him.

David M.