ESPN's "expert" picks

nathanlt

Reaction score
Both Joe Theismann and Ron Jaworski are picking the Eagles over the Cowboys.....

:lmao2: :shootfoot :stupid:

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Eagles are at home, we haven't beaten them there since 98 and they're 3-0 this year when they have the crowd.

While I'd love to jump on their predictions, truth is I can't blame them.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Well Jaworski has also picked the Iggles to make the playoffs. For that to happen they pretty much have to win out in the division now. As for Theisman hes a moron. I'm not saying that we ar ea lock or anything like that, just saying that Theisman is an idiot.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Theismann didn't pick the Cowboys??????? I'm shocked!!!!!!!!! I 2nd the motion he's an idiot!!!!!

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I believe the Cowboys are going to win going away, but the odds makers still have them as 3 point underdogs so it's not a stretch for someone to pick the Eagles. Jaws is a mouthpiece of the organization, though (literally) and he has picked them every single week.

dallasblue05

Reaction score
What else would you expect from such glorified homers?? Jaworski is a joke of an analyst, and Theisman should just stop talking all together!! Not saying the iglets cant win, cuz they could, it will be tough for them though!! I say Boy over eagles 27-17

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
dallasblue05 said:
What else would you expect from such glorified homers?? Jaworski is a joke of an analyst, and Theisman should just stop talking all together!! Not saying the iglets cant win, cuz they could, it will be tough for them though!! I say Boy over eagles 27-17

Jaworski is actually quite intelligent and one of the most intellectual analysts out there. But he is a former Eagle, so I would not expect anything less.

Now Theismann is an imbecile.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
I can see the reason why these buffoons pick the Eagles the win. It is actually quite simple.

Joe Theismann believes that by picking the Eagles, he actually motivates the Cowboys to play better, and in effect, knock the Eagles further out of playoff contention so that they will be no threat to the Commanders.

Jaworski - needs to remove his head from McNabb's butt. The Eagles are decimated and a mere shell of their former selves, EVEN WITH T.O.! He is nothing but a homer. I can't believe how worked up he got when Irvin and others said the Eagles would not make the playoffs.

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
Jaworski loves his Eagles and always will love them.

Theismann got his leg broken by a guy in blue. Cowboys wear blue. Do the math.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
idiotec777 said:
The whole sunday night crew are IDIOTS!!!

I agree with this.

There are times where unless the game is unusually compelling, I don't watch.

There is only some much ignorance out of Dan Patrick I can endure.

There is only so many lame punter references that McGuire can bore me with.

And then there is Theismann. He makes me want to pluck my own eyeballs out with a dull butter knife.

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
Alexander said:
I agree with this.

And then there is Theismann. He makes me want to pluck my own eyeballs out with a dull butter knife.
That won't help. You'll still hear him. :(

Givincer

Reaction score
Alexander said:
I agree with this.

That isn't an ironic statement or anything. If Dan Patrick is ignorant then what do you call thinking Dan Patrick is even announcing Sunday Night Football? I call that being ignorant as well. Don't be so quick to dole out insults high and mighty Alexander...

Haha just kidding I know you meant Mike Patrick I agree though they are an awful announcing crew and probably the worst to listen to of any crew that does NFL football. It's almost like they chose the worst 3 guys possible and put them in the booth together...

nathanlt

Reaction score
Alexander said:
I agree with this.

The "solution" to your problem is this. Watch it with the volume off, and listen to the radio broadcast.

The only problem with this plan is that the announcers are Boomer Esiason :banghead:

and Marv Albert :banghead:

or maybe you can just play a CD in the background.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Of course many at ESPN are going to pick the Eagles. Just remember, they don't get paid to be correct, they get paid to increase viewership, not just for ESPN, but for ABC also.

They're not going to say that Dallas will blow them out again, don't bother to watch. If the Monday night game was Indy/Houston, someone would pick Houston.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
nathanlt said:
The "solution" to your problem is this. Watch it with the volume off, and listen to the radio broadcast.

The only problem with this plan is that the announcers are Boomer Esiason :banghead:

and Marv Albert :banghead:

or maybe you can just play a CD in the background.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work for those of us using DTV because of the signal delay.

I'm still waiting for the day that we'll be able to use SAP and choose another announcing team for various games.