ET Phone Home

Sydla

Reaction score
I completely disagree- he is a hall of fame safety, he changes things everywhere he goes. He would help BIG TIME and we’re fools if we don’t sign this guy tomorrow.

You can disagree all you want but Nolan isn't struggling because he doesn't have a good S. Nolan has never really fielded a great defense. His resume is mediocrity. You are fooling yourself if you think Earl Thomas somehow converts this bad defense into a decent one.

There is also the belief in there that Earl Thomas is still an upper echelon S. That would be a false assumption as well.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This defense is horrible!!! We need a leader, a playmaker, etc etc etc,
Don’t @ me with this crap we don’t want a player who punches his teammates. These teammates need to be punched.

I wouldn't call them horrible they played half the game on our side of the 40 bro, i mean 2 fake punt failed 4 fumbles etc..thats hard to overcome. Yes they had moments but i saw ATL drop the hammer on Sealte last week had 600yards on offense against SEATLE..ATL isnt a slouch offense..they have many weapons

seatle had to win in a similar fashion..

we spotted them 20 points and it was all on the offense yes it has holes the defense needs tightening but step back and see the facts on how that game started..

starfan1

Reaction score
Don’t @ me with this crap we don’t want a player who punches his teammates. These teammates need to be punched.
Earl ain’t coming but I love this post

Sydla

Reaction score
Not sure about that.

Not sure about what? That Thomas would make this defense all of a sudden good?

Nolan has never been a good DC at any of his stops. Why would you suddenly think he'd be quality? Because he adds Earl Thomas? LOL.

Sydla

Reaction score
I wouldn't call them horrible they played half the game on our side of the 40 bro, i mean 2 fake punt failed 4 fumbles etc..thats hard to overcome. Yes they had moments but i saw ATL drop the hammer on Sealte last week had 600yards on offense against SEATLE..ATL isnt a slouch offense..they have many weapons

seatle had to win in a similar fashion..

we spotted them 20 points and it was all on the offense yes it has holes the defense needs tightening but step back and see the facts on how that game started..

The defense is not good. Please stop trying to delude yourself into thinking otherwise.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The defense is not good. Please stop trying to delude yourself into thinking otherwise.
STOP BEING NEGAIOTVE AS USUAL THIS GAME WAS STARTED WITH 2 3 AND OUTS UNTIL THE OFFENSE PUT THIS TEAM IN THE HOLE 20-0 DUDE 2 FAILED FAKE PUNTS AND 4 FUMBLES HAVIGATL STARYT INSIDE OUTR 40 MOST OF THE FIRST HALF..SERIOUSLY THEN A FALIED 2 POINT CONVERSION

PERSPECTIBE DONT DELIUDE YOURSELF ON LOOKING AT THIS IN A BUBBLE, ONE GAME THAT WAS ODD/ CRAZY..

WANT MORE

RAMS JUST HUNG 37 ON EAGLES DEFENSE OURS GAVE UP 20..

the team needs work yes defense is rebuilt and needs to gel and needs help but stop the bs as usual finding things to grip about.

i know i know common sense eludes you..

BigD_95

Reaction score

can he rush the QB?

Sydla

Reaction score
STOP BEING NEGAIOTVE AS USUAL THIS GAME WAS STARTED WITH 2 3 AND OUTS UNTIL THE OFFENSE PUT THIS TEAM IN THE HOLE 20-0 DUDE 2 FAILED FAKE PUNTS AND 4 FUMBLES HAVIGATL STARYT INSIDE OUTR 40 MOST OF THE FIRST HALF..SERIOUSLY THEN A FALIED 2 POINT CONVERSION

PERSPECTIBE DONT DELIUDE YOURSELF ON LOOKING AT THIS IN A BUBBLE, ONE GAME THAT WAS ODD/ CRAZY..

WANT MORE

RAMS JUST HUNG 37 ON EAGLES DEFENSE OURS GAVE UP 20..

the team needs work yes defense is rebuilt and needs to gel and needs help but stop the bs as usual finding things to grip about.

i know i know common sense eludes you..

You can call it negative if you want but it's reality. The team struggled in both games to generate pass rush and that Falcons OL wasn't exactly great. The coverage was soft all game long and we are lucky Jones dropped a couple of key balls. The LB play is suspect.

So no, common sense doesn't indicate that this defense is actually good just having ran into a tough opponent today.

The defense is bad and if this team wants to win, they are going to have to score 27+ a game IMO.

blueblood70

Reaction score
OK coach go to your Gm oh wait your just an internet jocky..got it.. go crawl in a hole i said it needs tightening up and left true facts on why they looked worse then they actually were,,you dont like facts sorry emotions and negativity drive some of you..

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Why was Nolan hired? Has he won anything of significance?

No but Mike Nolan and his father Dick both were the 49er's HC's in the past and have coached for years in the league. His father was an assistant coach for Cowboys for about 5 or 6 years so there is some history.

He is Mike McCarthy's guy though as McCarthy coached under Nolan when he was the HC of the 49er's.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
No one valued Jones when he was here shutting down one side of the field, and now we have a disaster across the field in the secondary.

Sydla

Reaction score
OK coach go to your Gm oh wait your just an internet jocky..got it.. go crawl in a hole i said it needs tightening up and left true facts on why they looked worse then they actually were,,you dont like facts sorry emotions and negativity drive some of you..

The problem is that the guy who is going to be asked to "tighten" the defense is Mike Nolan.

Do you know anything about him as a DC? Can you point to where he was good? Or are you just assuming he's good because the Cowboys hired him? His track record as a DC is not good. So why you suddenly expect him to grow into a really good DC and make this defense good is kind of peculiar.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I’d prefer we give Wilson a chance first. He’s a playmaker not sure why he’s in the dog house

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
He won't change anything. The problem is bigger than who is playing S. Nolan is a crap coordinator.

Nolan might be a crap coordinator but X. Woods is invisible playing free safety....I don't know how many times I just SMH wondering how guys continue to get past him.

RULE #1 of our FS....you are as deep as anyone of the field. You don't let anyone get deeper than you....yet repeatedly...he gets sucked in by eye movement of the QB....and gets beat...by the second read....completely out of position. :(