ET Phone Home

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This defense is horrible!!! We need a leader, a playmaker, etc etc etc,
Don’t @ me with this crap we don’t want a player who punches his teammates. These teammates need to be punched.

LOL...…….I agree. He should knock out half these punks and Jaylon Smith needs to be the first one.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Nolan might be a crap coordinator but X. Woods is invisible playing free safety....I don't know how many times I just SMH wondering how guys continue to get past him.

RULE #1 of our FS....you are as deep as anyone of the field. You don't let anyone get deeper than you....yet repeatedly...he gets sucked in by eye movement of the QB....and gets beat...by the second read....completely out of position. :(

And if your FS is invisible on the field, that is NOT A GOOD THING.

Sully

Reaction score
Face it people, Nolan is not going anywhere this season. Both offensive and defensive schemes were piss poor.
Eric Reid of Earl Thomas really needs to be considered. Brandon Carr is on this team and could be though of as a CB but think he is being looked at as safety. He was burned, as a CB, when with Dallas before. This secondary needs some veteran leadership of some sort.

Tyron Smith can't be hurt all the time. Is his time/career ending?

cern

Reaction score
Stephen has made it clear starting with dez, he won't tolerate distractions.

kwcool619

Reaction score
No but Mike Nolan and his father Dick both were the 49er's HC's in the past and have coached for years in the league. His father was an assistant coach for Cowboys for about 5 or 6 years so there is some history.

He is Mike McCarthy's guy though as McCarthy coached under Nolan when he was the HC of the 49er's.

Thank you for the clarity.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
Just sign him already! He’s an upgrade over either safety, doesn’t matter which one they wanna keep in the starting lineup.

coult44

Reaction score
You can disagree all you want but Nolan isn't struggling because he doesn't have a good S. Nolan has never really fielded a great defense. His resume is mediocrity. You are fooling yourself if you think Earl Thomas somehow converts this bad defense into a decent one.

There is also the belief in there that Earl Thomas is still an upper echelon S. That would be a false assumption as well.

He was rated in the top 7 last season. That’s 25 spots higher than our guys.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
ET's unemployment is not an accident.

ET isn't unemployed for his play. He'd already be signed if he didn't have big issues that teams don't want to deal with. We already started Darian Thompson. That's how much we don't like ET's issues.

I was all for it, but I don't see it happening. We don't even think about it again unless Woods goes down.

Kaiser

Reaction score
We already started Darian Thompson. That's how much we don't like ET's issues.

And that position had no real impact on the game. I hated Darian Thompson last year but he seems fine in this scheme of just carrying out the assignments in front of him. I want an upgrade but there is no reason to throw a ton of money at a guy that no other team has signed either.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
This defense is horrible!!! We need a leader, a playmaker, etc etc etc,
Don’t @ me with this crap we don’t want a player who punches his teammates. These teammates need to be punched.
Yes starting with #54, he needs to be knocked out cold then benched.

ICP

Reaction score
I don't the ET coming to Big D is gonna happen. Really little to no interest from other clubs either, I've heard there's more to the story if his release and that certainly seems to be the case. Then again maybe he's just asking too much $$$$

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
I don't the ET coming to Big D is gonna happen. Really little to no interest from other clubs either, I've heard there's more to the story if his release and that certainly seems to be the case. Then again maybe he's just asking too much $$$$
Jerry’s waiting for the price to drop.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It's probably the money Earl wants is why he isn't here...

:facepalm:

Oh for crying out loud - NO ONE HAS HIRED HIM!

It doesn't take 10 seconds on Google to see why. His own teammates asked management to get rid of him. He's had other off-the-field issues. He's not sitting back demanding big money - no one thinks he's worth the bother.

Aven8

Reaction score
Supposedly he might be figuring some things out and will be ready at a later date. We have heard nothing from his camp or any interest from any team on him.

Shows me he’s trying to get his stuff together and then will try again