Euro Tournament 2024

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Some very astute points there. There is a lot of frustration over here with Southgate. Reminds me when Sven was the manager and others after him when the star players had to play even out of position.

Hopefully Shaw will start against Netherlands and bring some balance to the team. Palmer should be first name on team sheet. Give him half a chance and Kane will score, but as a target man he doesn't bring others into the game unless he drops deep. Should be on bench in my opinion.
Same in US. Fans are ready to boil the guy alive.
England is really talented and he has kept rthem moving along but man it is unnecessary ugly at times IMO.

joseephuss

Reaction score
He will be at Barca or Real soon. Which sucks.
Lamine Yamal is already with Barca. He had been a member of Barca youth academy since 2014. In 2023, he made the jump up to the senior team with 38 appearances and scored 5 goals. He signed an extension to remain at Barca until 2026 with a buyout clause of one billion euros.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He will be at Barca or Real soon. Which sucks.

Well, he does play for Barca, but I'm just saying that, if he wants to play in the PL, Bournemouth would be a great place to start. He could significantly develop with us, and he'd get a lower pressure start in the PL. Plus, Bournemouth would end up with a player with massive potential.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Bournemouth would be a step down from Barca.

Hey, I admit that I'm a Bournemouth homer haha, but that said, maybe in terms of size of team. However, I think Iriola would be a great manager for Yamal. I think it'd get his foot in the door of the PL, he could play for us for a season or two, and then he'd probably get sent to the likes of Chelsea or Arsenal from us once he shows that he can play in the PL.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Lamine Yamal is already with Barca. He had been a member of Barca youth academy since 2014. In 2023, he made the jump up to the senior team with 38 appearances and scored 5 goals. He signed an extension to remain at Barca until 2026 with a buyout clause of one billion euros.

Ooof, Bournemouth doesn't really have 1 billion euros.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Best thing to happen in this tourney to England was going down 1 so early on. Played their best game of the tourney by far.
For the love of all that is holy though get Watkins and Palmer on sooner!!!! 10 minutes???

Southgate has made it ugly, but he has made it.

Kudos to England.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Best thing to happen in this tourney to England was going down 1 so early on. Played their best game of the tourney by far.
For the love of all that is holy though get Watkins and Palmer on sooner!!!! 10 minutes???

Southgate has made it ugly, but he has made it.

Kudos to England.

It was easily the best game from England so far. Hopefully, we play Spain with the same intensity for the entire match that we did from the time we scored the penalty. We can't have any silly mistakes.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
It was easily the best game from England so far. Hopefully, we play Spain with the same intensity for the entire match that we did from the time we scored the penalty. We can't have any silly mistakes.
I predicted Spain to win above after seeing them one game so no shame if England fall in the Final.
But if they do beat Spain. WOW!!!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I predicted Spain to win above after seeing them one game so no shame if England fall in the Final.
But if they do beat Spain. WOW!!!

Honestly, I don't expect us to beat Spain. The fact we managed to get to the Final is what I was hoping for this tourny. That said, if we somehow beat them, my word!!!