Euro Tournament 2024

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Also please, please, please let USMNT land a proven EPL Manager.
Klopp or Poch would be super awesome!!!!

Majic

Reaction score
Whole of England will be watching on Sunday (with the odd exception). Talks of an extra bank holiday if England win.

Prediction-they will win.

Majic

Reaction score
Dear oh Dear! I really thought it was coming home but the best side won. I would like to see England appoint a 'coach' rather than a 'manager next'. Same old problem, England have the players but not the system to win. Frustrated with some of the selections (see early post regarding Kane and Palmer). The wait goes on...

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Great game by Spain. They had the energy today! England had some moments but it was Spain’s day! Love Rodri so happy. Now on the the brawl Copa game

csirl

Reaction score
England tactics didnt work. Playing wingbacks against pure wingers is dangerous - especially if the wingback is a winger instead of an attacking full back type. Both goals came from exploiting the space between the wingback and right centre back. Wingback (Saka?) never seemed to track back and defend.

Well done Spain.

Majic

Reaction score
England tactics didnt work. Playing wingbacks against pure wingers is dangerous - especially if the wingback is a winger instead of an attacking full back type. Both goals came from exploiting the space between the wingback and right centre back. Wingback (Saka?) never seemed to track back and defend.

Well done Spain.
Good point. Spain's strength is their Wingers and their Midfield that does the work that allows the Wingers to play . Too many times they were in acres of space (particularly in the second half). Both Shaw and Walker were badly out of position. Walker I believe was about to be substituted just before the winning goal. I thought Spain were vulnerable at the left back position. I would have liked to have seen diagonal passes for Saka to exploit as Spain were playing very high up the pitch. He could have ran onto these and pulled them out of shape.

It comes down to tactics and coaching

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Harry Kane is indeed cursed.
He's just washed.
They should have been playing him far less.

Great result for England but the games were a little less fun than they could have been.
And the players a little more tired than they should be because side selection was off making them work harder.

Guess as a Chelsea fan I am grateful they didn't run Palmer into the ground.
We need him to score a lot of goals this season if we plan on making top 4.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Spanish Coach interested in USMNT job....
I sincerely hope we aren't being trolled here.

USMNT need a proven international coach in the worst way.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Well, it was a good tourny from England, but well done Spain. They were absolutely the best team in the tournament. I think they will be really good for a long time.
They have such a strong squad. Gavi(19) wasn't available for this tournament and Pedri(21) was injured a few games ago. That is two of their better and younger players that they will likely have for the next World Cup.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Good point. Spain's strength is their Wingers and their Midfield that does the work that allows the Wingers to play . Too many times they were in acres of space (particularly in the second half). Both Shaw and Walker were badly out of position. Walker I believe was about to be substituted just before the winning goal. I thought Spain were vulnerable at the left back position. I would have liked to have seen diagonal passes for Saka to exploit as Spain were playing very high up the pitch. He could have ran onto these and pulled them out of shape.

It comes down to tactics and coaching
I thought they could and should have attacked both Cucuerlla and Carvajal more often. The England attack was so slow and plodding all tournament long. It was only late in matches after subbing on players did they play with pace.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
They have such a strong squad. Gavi(19) wasn't available for this tournament and Pedri(21) was injured a few games ago. That is two of their better and younger players that they will likely have for the next World Cup.

I think they ought to be the favourites to win the 2026 WC