Twitter: Everson Griffen shows mutual interest in the Cowboys!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
POST EDIT:

Don't forget about this player. He looked very good during preseason last year as a rookie until he missed all season due to injury (probably was intentionally left off to make room for the vets who most are no longer here). I say to keep an eye on him. He has the size, weight, length, strength and athleticism to do well at one of our DE positions.

Rayman70

Reaction score

I agree with this mindset. When push come to shove, gimme Sanders. He fills a need and can play special teams. slot, x.y… he can do it all. If the price is right, we gotta do it. I say get him here on a team friendly 2 year deal...low cap hit now and still draft a wr or 2 this year. Its a no brainer.Good vet for the lockerroom and would LOVE playing for MM.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Don't forget about this player. He looked during during preseason last year as a rookie until he missed all season due to injury (probably was intentionally left off to make room for the vets who most are no longer here). I say to keep an eye on him. He his the size, weight, length, strength and athleticism to do well at one of our DE positions.
what player?

John813

Reaction score
I agree with this mindset. When push come to shove, gimme Sanders. He fills a need and can play special teams. slot, x.y… he can do it all. If the price is right, we gotta do it. I say get him here on a team friendly 2 year deal...low cap hit now and still draft a wr or 2 this year. Its a no brainer.Good vet for the lockerroom and would LOVE playing for MM.

I would like Sanders too, but as the team stands we have a #1 and a #2 in Cooper and Gallup respectively. Good duo in the league, and we still have Zeke and hopefully Jarwin take up targets as well.

At defensive end we have Law, Gregory(?), Armstrong, Jackson and Jelks.
One stud, one stoner and a bunch of unknowns.

Of course we have the draft to add more talent, but I feel between the two we would get more production out of Griffen being a starter compared to Sanders being a #3/rotated in.
Draft wise, both spots aren't usually instant producers, but at least at WR the rookie could be rotated in till his feet get wet.

And money talks too. If one is willing to take a team favorable offer too, that may swing the battle as well.

Rayman70

Reaction score
POST EDIT:

Don't forget about this player. He looked very good during preseason last year as a rookie until he missed all season due to injury (probably was intentionally left off to make room for the vets who most are no longer here). I say to keep an eye on him. He has the size, weight, length, strength and athleticism to do well at one of our DE positions.

LOVE JELKS!!! I thought he flashed last preseason. I also thought Grampa Rod and JG didn't give him a chance. I agree with you.

Sydla

Reaction score
More on Gregory vs outside FA RDE

Pretty idiotic if you ask me.

You have zero idea what Gregory is going to be like. He might be great, he might take time to even get back into game shape if he ever does.

You have a useless swing guy in Crawford eating up cap space that you could cut, save $8MM and be able to bring in a better DE in Griffen.

That doesn't preclude you from playing Gregory if he is back to regular strength. It also doesn't preclude you from taking a DE in the draft.

This franchise is so ********* stupid at times when it comes to protecting and projecting their own guys.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well they haven't had a player like him since Woody. There are no safeties in this class that are close to him. I think a team with our offense, and Griffen, McCoy, DLaw, Smith, Lee, LVE and Adams should be good enough to beat anyone. Doesn't mean they will, but they would have the talent to. I get the $ difference in Adams and a draft pick, but there is no talent like him that would be there at 17.

Maybe. Maybe not. No one thought that a Dak Prescott type talent would be there in the 4th round. You just never know.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I would like Sanders too, but as the team stands we have a #1 and a #2 in Cooper and Gallup respectively. Good duo in the league, and we still have Zeke and hopefully Jarwin take up targets as well.

At defensive end we have Law, Gregory(?), Armstrong, Jackson and Jelks.
One stud, one stoner and a bunch of unknowns.

Of course we have the draft to add more talent, but I feel between the two we would get more production out of Griffen being a starter compared to Sanders being a #3/rotated in.
Draft wise, both spots aren't usually instant producers, but at least at WR the rookie could be rotated in till his feet get wet.

And money talks too. If one is willing to take a team favorable offer too, that may swing the battle as well.
love Jelks and Armstrong a lot. I agree. Gregory we simply would be foolish to put any stock into him being on the 53 and playing well. Foolish counting on him. We need to draft accordingly as if he's not here. Can never have too many edge guys. So its a win win.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I would LOVE to solidify the offense right now 2 ways. FIRST, get Sanders signed, even if for a year. Lastly, get Daks long-term deal done. STOP FARTING AROUND. We want our starting QB happy and diving into the new offense. We can still go ahead and draft a wr to develop for the slot.Its too deep not to.
Dak has an offer, it's up to him to sign.

I would gladly cut Crawford for Everson.