Everson Griffen to test Free Agency

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I'm for this guy. The Tolbert of Minnesota since he was drafted.

Vikings DE Everson Griffen announced on his Instagram, "It is with a heavy heart that I say goodbye."
Griffen's agent said, "We have broken off talks with Minnesota because they have to spend their money elsewhere and we decided to now focus our attention on free agency." Griffen added that he's in the best physical and mental shape of his career. The 32-year-old DE has racked up eight sacks in six of the last eight seasons dating back to 2012. His dominance on a per-rush basis was clear in 2019, as his 66 pressures were the 14th-highest mark among all edge defenders (PFF). The market figures to be solid for Griffen, even if it's a shorter-term deal.

SOURCE: Everson Griffen on Instagram
Mar 20, 2020, 2:11 PM ET

Daillest88

Reaction score
I'm for this guy. The Tolbert of Minnesota since he was drafted.

Vikings DE Everson Griffen announced on his Instagram, "It is with a heavy heart that I say goodbye."
Griffen's agent said, "We have broken off talks with Minnesota because they have to spend their money elsewhere and we decided to now focus our attention on free agency." Griffen added that he's in the best physical and mental shape of his career. The 32-year-old DE has racked up eight sacks in six of the last eight seasons dating back to 2012. His dominance on a per-rush basis was clear in 2019, as his 66 pressures were the 14th-highest mark among all edge defenders (PFF). The market figures to be solid for Griffen, even if it's a shorter-term deal.

SOURCE: Everson Griffen on Instagram
Mar 20, 2020, 2:11 PM ET

Would be an excellent addition

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Would be an excellent addition
Agree I posted at the top he reminds me of Tolbert and Ellis. He’s also has experience sliding in on the inside from time to time giving the Jones crew the “flexibility” they love with this type of signing.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Yep, would give development/conditioning time to Gregory too. Wonder what he's looking for? I predict he gets 50 to 60% what Quinn got a year on a shorter term deal.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I do get the feeling Dallas makes a big money signing at DE, whether its Griffin or Clowney or someone else.

Sydla

Reaction score
Griffen would likely be a short term deal. Even if it is a bit pricey, it wouldn't be a long term cap killer.

I'll take Griffen or Golden or a surprise in Clowney.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Griffen would likely be a short term deal. Even if it is a bit pricey, it wouldn't be a long term cap killer.

I'll take Griffen or Golden or a surprise in Clowney.

I really hate Clowney. Hated him in college too. Its like to this point his whole career including college is he's saving himself for something. He's holding on to his talent. When is he ever going to fulfill his potential? THe only way i'd sign him is if it was a one year or 2 year deal. He's a prime example of someone who needs to always have a reason to play.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have his old DC on the staff. And we’re a good place if he wants a good payday for a one year deal that he can slingshot like Quinn did into $40MM guaranteed.

He’s valuable enough that someone might give him that multi year deal right now though.