Video: Everson Walls - Dallas Needs A Guy Like This

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He shouldn't when it comes to the Cowboys Ring of Honor- that should be reserved for 'grass-root " Cowboys that started-originated their careers as Cowboys players,..IMO.
Same as Haley.

But there's no question that when it comes to naming NFL cornerbacks - but like him or not, Deion Sanders is still the name that seems to register first and often,..
Not just flat shutdown man coverage, ..not just the INT numbers, ..but the often way he could lure and ' bait " the QB into thinking the WR is open and
then drive and close fast on the ball for a pick quick INT.

Deion, like Lawrence Taylor, is a once-in-a-generation player that you'll likely never see again for, oh, another 100 years.

The man was THAT good and, singlehandedly made the cornerback position the coveted position among every urban kid not big enough to play the line, linebacker, running back or quarterback.

Those kids used to want to play wide receiver. NOW, they want to play corner - all because of Deion.

plasticman

Reaction score
Renfro is deserving no doubt.
Herb Adderly was gifted. The Cowboys didn't go to Super Bowls until they acquired this ex-Packer.

Imagine......both Cowboy corners, Adderly and Renfro, went to the Hall of Fame.

Adderly was so gifted that it frustrated Tom Landry....while he was a Cowboy.

Landry's defense was a read and react flex 4-3. There were keys and you had to react to the keys in a very specific way. Adderly would instead rely on his athleticism and make the play despite being out of position. He once got an INT in practice and Landry got on him because he was out of position.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
This is a pretty silly cutoff since it has only happened 7 times since 2016, and 2 of those teams didn't make the playoffs.
Thanks for doing the homework on something I just made up. Even though it proved me wrong, I'm still thankful for it.