Twitter: Every 20+ yard reception by Blake Jarwin

Sydla

Reaction score
He does have some skill. I'm perplexed as to why the last coaching staff didn't use him very much. That said, if there's a playmaking TE available at the right spot, I'm not going to let Jarwin stop me from drafting him.

Witten

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Before J. Finley started to breakdown, he was such a TE, one who team's game planned to stop. I remember that crazy Arizona Playoff game, I believe he set the record for receiving yards at the TE position that day. He is the type of TE this offense needs. I certainly wouldn't be against pairing Ebron and Jarwin together. Many believe Ebron's game remind them of J. Finley.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
At whatever round that may end up being and there are players at positions that we actually need help at, I hope the Cowboys pass on that TE and get needed help instead.

Exactly......we already have a legit starter and he's cheap (lol)

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
It’s worth noting that tight ends were invisible in the Packers’ offenses under McCarthy. I bet you can’t even name a single tight end during that run from 2009 to 2016 where they made the playoffs every year.

Instead, he likes a pass catching fullback out of the backfield.

That makes it even less important. I’m on the Blake Jarwin train and heck, yeah I’d give Dez a shot too, why not?
Jermichael Finley was important for Green Bay when he was there.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
He does have some skill. I'm perplexed as to why the last coaching staff didn't use him very much. That said, if there's a playmaking TE available at the right spot, I'm not going to let Jarwin stop me from drafting him.

Perplexed? Pretty obvious why they didn’t. They suck.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Before J. Finley started to breakdown, he was such a TE, one who team's game planned to stop. I remember that crazy Arizona Playoff game, I believe he set the record for receiving yards at the TE position that day. He is the type of TE this offense needs. I certainly wouldn't be against pairing Ebron and Jarwin together. Many believe Ebron's game remind them of J. Finley.

This I'm down with....he's been on my radar couple years.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
4 made some nice plays there. I hope if Jerry is stupid enough to let him walk he goes and wins a title elsewhere. It will serve this ungrateful fan base right.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
He showed great ability to catch passes thrown behind him, no way we can let this guy go:laugh:

Verdict

Reaction score

It’s not hard to figure out. He was playing behind Catch and fall down Witten.

Verdict

Reaction score
it's not all good for jarwin. His first 7-8 games this year he was catching only 64% of his targets. Infact the only 2 guys catchint above 75% was witten and zeke. Go look at his NYJ game, all of 4 yards. Definately worth keeping, but still needs another guy who can develop behind him.

Witten should have caught most of his targets it was basically a long handoff.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
An elite new aged receiving TE could take this offense over the top. Jarwin has shown a few flashes, but isn't that type of player whom will force teams to gameplan against. Both the Super Bowl Teams have such a player, a tremendous mismatch where they have to be doubled on every play.

As one poster said, you can pair up two good TE's, find me the Ertz as we already have the Goedert in Jarwin!

Lol, where do people get this stuff?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I think retaining Jarwin needs to be a top priority for this team, honestly.

Downfield receiving TEs like him are hard to find, and they usually take 2 or 3 years to develop if you do hit on one. We've already paid for that 3 year learning curve with Jarwin, watching him go from UDFA scrub to decent starter. If we ditch him now, we basically start that process over.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I would not draft a tight end unless its one worthy of a 1st rounder. Anyone later than that is just going to be a guy that take time to develop.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
This is why I don't see TE as a priority.......let this kid start and coach up his blocking skills. Between he and Shultz ( ms?), we're fine IMO.

Jarwin is RFA. One year before free agency, and unless he makes a leap to the Pro Bowl, we won't be signing him once he hits free agency.

If they like him, they should offer him a cheap extension in the offseason and see if he bites.