Every pick from the last two drafts are still in the organization

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dinucci isn't good enough to make the team, and he didn't. However, they clearly have some weird love for him, for him to even make the PS.
He reminds me alot of Stephen McGee. Toolsy guy that just absolutely does not show up in games. The belief with McGee was that Fran did him no favors at A&M, and he may be a better pro than college QB. Didnt improve one bit his entire NFL career. Like McGee they are probably waiting for a spark that he is never going to show

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He reminds me alot of Stephen McGee. Toolsy guy that just absolutely does not show up in games. The belief with McGee was that Fran did him no favors at A&M, and he may be a better pro than college QB. Didnt improve one bit his entire NFL career. Like McGee they are probably waiting for a spark that he is never going to show
McGee in his time was better than DiNucci.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is that a fact? So, Azur Kamara, for example, was good enough?

He basically occupied the Jesse Holley feel good roster spot.

Watch Hard Knocks next week and you'll know why he made the team.

I mean it's essentially been the Alarcon and Kamara show.

Alexander

Reaction score
I think the two Joe Jacksons, one a DE and the other a CB, are still in the NFL with a team. I think that was 3 years ago but pretty impressive they ae still hanging around.
They are all fringe players that would probably struggle to star in a developmental league.

Alexander

Reaction score
This is all cute but the case could be made that everyone in the 2018 class is gone after 2021 for one reason or another.
Well at least if they cling onto the belly of the NFL talent pool before finally circling the drain after five years, it continues our ability to say we draft well. Which is nice.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Well at least if they cling onto the belly of the NFL talent pool before finally circling the drain after five years, it continues our ability to say we draft well. Which is nice.
I think that they do draft better than many and certainly worlds better than when Jerry and his drinking buddies were assembling the board.

My comment was a bit devils advocate to the narrative more than one of my typical Jerry shots.

I also do think that they will spend the money on at least two of those guys....I would guess as of of this moment LVE and Shultz.

FaSho

Reaction score

100% agree

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keeping all your draft picks the year you drafted them is like keeping all the new clothes you just bought. Of course you’re keeping them…you just bought them. Besides your draft picks are the labor you can afford when you have several high dollar players on the payroll, and we have a bunch.

This team is ok at drafting, mostly at the top of the draft where it’s easier to pick. It’s been in the day 2-3 picks where they haven’t done that well. Of course that’s where the draft gets harder for everyone.

Bottom line for me: This team’s front office drafts ok, not great. Where our FO sucks is in total roster building- the combination of draft picks, free agents and waiver pick ups. It’s why we struggle every year with depth.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keeping all your draft picks the year you drafted them is like keeping all the new clothes you just bought. Of course you’re keeping them…you just bought them. Besides your draft picks are the labor you can afford when you have several high dollar players on the payroll, and we have a bunch.

This team is ok at drafting, mostly at the top of the draft where it’s easier to pick. It’s been in the day 2-3 picks where they haven’t done that well. Of course that’s where the draft gets harder for everyone.

Bottom line for me: This team’s front office drafts ok, not great. Where our FO sucks is in total roster building- the combination of draft picks, free agents and waiver pick ups. It’s why we struggle every year with depth.
The high risk FAs with injury history and/or past their prime talent are our downfall.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Keeping almost all of your draft picks means you are refusing to move on from bad picks. Even good teams make mistakes but you have to learn to cut ties and move on from the bad ones.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Keeping almost all of your draft picks means you are refusing to move on from bad picks. Even good teams make mistakes but you have to learn to cut ties and move on from the bad ones.
You are assuming there were some bad picks. So name them. I know you can do it, so do it.