Video: Every Romo TD

12+88=7

Reaction score
Yeah I imagine Romo lovers don’t like what I have to say when I interrupt the fantasy world you live in. It’s OK Poindexter, you’ll survive.

It's not just Romo, it's most subjects.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Here's a Romo stat I always found interesting.

Romo never played in a game that Dallas was eliminated from playoff contention. He always played in a meaningful game.
What in the actual *** is this? Do they hand out tshirts, hats or rings for this “accomplishment”? This is an embarrassment as a defense of Tony Romo. But since there are no real accomplishments, junk like this will have to do, right?

12+88=7

Reaction score
What in the actual *** is this? Do they hand out tshirts, hats or rings for this “accomplishment”? This is an embarrassment as a defense of Tony Romo. But since there are no real accomplishments, junk like this will have to do, right?

I posted that on page one and it has been discussed by multiple posters.

Reading and comprehension. Keep up.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I posted that on page one and it has been discussed by multiple posters.

Reading and comprehension. Keep up.
I comprehend just fine. Your one post needed no further explanation. It's not something to be proud of. It's a dubious honor that has to be spoken of due to lack of playoff success.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
That's what made Romo special. You always felt Dallas was in the game as long as you needed one score and he had the ball. Very similar feeling when Staubach(the original Captain Comeback)played. Just give him a chance.
Romo had 5 chances late in the 4th quarter to keep seasons alive and came through once.
2006 - Seattle playoff game, bobbled snap
2007 - NY playoff game - threw the interception on 4th down. Why did he force it there? He wasn't under pressure at the time.
2012 - Washington Week 17 - threw interception on 1st play of drive
2014 - Detroit - threw a TD pass to TWill and defense sealed it with a turnover
2014 - Green Bay - dropped pass from Dez

Only 1 of 5 chances were converted. I always felt there would be something that would happen, regardless of whose fault it is.

12+88=7

Reaction score
There isn't an "answer". It's an opinion, a stupid one at that. The "it" factor is BS.

So, 4th quarter comebacks have no correlation with a QBs it factor. Even when he was #1 in comebacks in the NFL during his tenure above some very good to the very best ever QBs ever.

I bet you wouldn't feel that way if it were a Prescott stat.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I walk away from that compilation vid with the thought of, after Irvin, we haven’t had a true, full time, beast of a WR1 since T.O.. The other takeaway, which wasn’t surprising, was how far/wide of the field Witten attacked. After about (guessing) 2012-2013, he really turned into a limited range threat for our offense.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Romo had 5 chances late in the 4th quarter to keep seasons alive and came through once.
2006 - Seattle playoff game, bobbled snap
2007 - NY playoff game - threw the interception on 4th down. Why did he force it there? He wasn't under pressure at the time.
2012 - Washington Week 17 - threw interception on 1st play of drive
2014 - Detroit - threw a TD pass to TWill and defense sealed it with a turnover
2014 - Green Bay - dropped pass from Dez

Only 1 of 5 chances were converted. I always felt there would be something that would happen, regardless of whose fault it is.

2006 Romo was the holder. As the QB Romo drove Dallas 72 yards in one of the toughest venues in the NFL to take the lead.

2007 Dallas only has 4 players out on patterns. NY only rushes 3 has EIGHT in coverage to blanket the end zone. Romo throws it into coverage because EVERYONE is covered. The interception means nothing because it was 4th down, same as an incomplete pass.

2012 spoken about on page 6.

2014 pass was ruled incomplete, not dropped.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So, 4th quarter comebacks have no correlation with a QBs it factor. Even when he was #1 in comebacks in the NFL during his tenure above some very good to the very best ever QBs ever.

I bet you wouldn't feel that way if it were a Prescott stat.
Yeah, I think 4th quarter comebacks are overblown. Doesn’t Dak already have 9 in his first 3 years?

A player who has the “it” factor better being showing “it” in the post season against the top teams, not racking up 4th quarter comebacks primarily against teams with a losing record and/or 8-8 teams. There aren’t that many comebacks against the good teams.

This stat is so big to Romo fans, as was his QB rating because he didn’t have the playoff resume to keep him in the conversation with what QBs are really ultimately measured by, which is playoff success.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
2006 Romo was the holder. As the QB Romo drove Dallas 72 yards in one of the toughest venues in the NFL to take the lead.

2007 Dallas only has 4 players out on patterns. NY only rushes 3 has EIGHT in coverage to blanket the end zone. Romo throws it into coverage because EVERYONE is covered. The interception means nothing because it was 4th down, same as an incomplete pass.

2012 spoken about on page 6.

2014 pass was ruled incomplete, not dropped.
Excuses. There were 5 times we were in position to keep the season alive when Romo was handed the ball late in the 4th with opportunity to win. One time we were successful. 4 times we were not. You had confidence Romo was going to lead us victory just by giving him the ball. 80% failure rate when the season was on the line.

BTW, a dropped ball is still an incomplete pass.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Yeah, I think 4th quarter comebacks are overblown. Doesn’t Dak already have 9 in his first 3 years?

A player who has the “it” factor better being showing “it” in the post season against the top teams, not racking up 4th quarter comebacks primarily against teams with a losing record and/or 8-8 teams. There aren’t that many comebacks against the good teams.

This stat is so big to Romo fans, as was his QB rating because he didn’t have the playoff resume to keep him in the conversation with what QBs are really ultimately measured by, which is playoff success.

Prescott has 8 in four years.

Dallas trailed at the half 8 times, lost all 8 games. No comebacks in 2019.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Cool. He had 8 his first 3 years, none his 4th. Were you impressed with that?

First three years yes, last year obviously no.

Prescott needs 16 comebacks in 6 years to tie Romo, or what he did his first three years on average.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
First three years yes, last year obviously no.

Prescott needs 16 comebacks in 6 years to tie Romo, or what he did his first three years on average.
And if he doesn’t win playoff games, it won’t amount to Jack when he is no longer here. I don’t want to hear from Dak hanger-ons about regular season come from behind wins that didn’t lead us anywhere.

Last edited:

ghst187

Reaction score
I did not realize Roy Williams caught so many TD passes for us.
Man that Clayton, TO, and Terry Glenn combo at WR was lethal, should’ve gotten a ring out of that team.
I think that the highlight tape Laurent Robinson shows his grandkids will be exclusively Dallas tape..