Video: Every Romo TD

cern

Reaction score
It would be short - the highest rated 4th qtr QB!
4th quarters in the regular season are nice, just like lots of yards between the 20's. but 4th quarter wins in playoff games and red zone scores are far superior. it's like seeing romo to witten on third downs catching pass after pass. but it would have been nicer had they been for enough yards to actually get the first down.

Blake

Reaction score
Well there is always one guy who thinks Dak was a better QB than Romo as a rookie...dream on! And maybe Romo gets hurt again if he comes back and maybe he doesn't nobody knows, but what i do know is you play your best players when they are healthy if you are trying to win a SB , we did not do that in 2016. If you want to make an argument that Dak was a better QB in 2016 than Romo have at it, I'll be more than happy to chop that little fantasy of yours into a million little pieces, and none of that is to say that Dak didn't have a great rookie campaign...HE DID! But he still wasn't a better QB than Romo back then and anyone with any kind of football knowledge will tell you that. So bring it on if you want, i'll be here

There are several who recognize that Dak is already a far superior QB than the overrated choke artist.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
There are several who recognize that Dak is already a far superior QB than the overrated choke artist.

Talk is cheap buddy bring it on, lets see what you got! Tell you what, i have to go to work for a couple of hours, that will give you time to try and come up with an argument as to why you think Dak was a better QB than Romo as a rookie. When i get back i'll read and take it apart sentence by sentence

cern

Reaction score
it is nice to see him have the tremendous success he's garnered as the best nfl sportscaster on the tube. already rivaling madden and summerall. glad he didn't go to espn.

aikemirv

Reaction score
4th quarters in the regular season are nice, just like lots of yards between the 20's. but 4th quarter wins in playoff games and red zone scores are far superior. it's like seeing romo to witten on third downs catching pass after pass. but it would have been nicer had they been for enough yards to actually get the first down.
Over 2 out of every 3 of Wittens 3rd down receptions from Romo were for a first down - how about those 3rd down conversion numbers!

Yet with Dak it is not even 50%

Espn sheeple!

Get a clue!

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak already settled the debate when he sent the choke artist packing.

I don't see any proof of what you are saying, got any links, stats, anyone out there saying Dak knew how to read a defense as a rookie? If he was that good can you explain why the team wouldn't let him compete with Romo for Romo's startiing job? Take your time i have to go to work for a couple of hours. I take apart your answers when i get back. But hey good job with the generalization of your comments. "Dak is better" Dak is great" really proves what you are saying

Blake

Reaction score
I don't see any proof of what you are saying, got any links, stats, anyone out there saying Dak knew how to read a defense as a rookie? If he was that good can you explain why the team wouldn't let him compete with Romo for Romo's startiing job? Take your time i have to go to work for a couple of hours. I take apart your answers when i get back. But hey good job with the generalization of your comments. "Dak is better" Dak is great" really proves what you are saying

You're a Romo stan living in denial about your average QB. There is no burden of proof needed. The best ability is Availability as they say, and Romo was unreliable. They didn't grant Romo his wishes about a competition because it was incredibly selfish of him to ask for one in the midst of a historic run with our new franchise QB. You're just highlighting the very reasons Romo was a self centered prick and not a leader.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
you are talking about a verbal spirited repartee, are you not?

Yup, i have to leave for work for a couple of hours but anyone who wants to debate about whether Dak (as a rookie) was a better QB than Romo in 2016 have at it i will answer any reply to that when i get back, just at least try to back up whatever it is you believe made him a better QB as a rookie than Romo. For the record i am not saying Dak didn't have a great rookie year but in no way shape or form was he a better QB than Romo in 2016, anyone who thinks that is deluding themselves

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
how about a thread showing all his gut wrenching, season killing picks in games where it was lose and go home for the season. that would be a walk down memory lane.

You mean the games our horrid defense could never make the final stop?

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
You're a Romo stan living in denial about your average QB. There is no burden of proof needed. The best ability is Availability as they say, and Romo was unreliable.

Again please bring your argument to the table. Romo was available from week 8 on, so now tell me why Dak was a better QB than Romo as a rookie. Could he read a D? could he look off defenders, could he step up in the pocket ( i know he still can't do that today), why wasn't he allowed to audible as a rookie at the line of scrimmage, was he able to set proper protections at the line? This goes on and on. Dak was able to throw mostly 4-6 yard passes, he was able to hand off to Zeke for 1800 plus yards and as a rookie he was a better runner than Romo, no problem admitting that. But as far as being an accomplished QB as a rookie, not possible

Blake

Reaction score
Yup, i have to leave for work for a couple of hours but anyone who wants to debate about whether Dak (as a rookie) was a better QB than Romo in 2016 have at it i will answer any reply to that when i get back, just at least try to back up whatever it is you believe made him a better QB as a rookie than Romo. For the record i am not saying Dak didn't have a great rookie year but in no way shape or form was he a better QB than Romo in 2016, anyone who thinks that is deluding themselves

The best ability are availability and reliability. Debate over.

cern

Reaction score
Over 2 out of every 3 of Wittens 3rd down receptions from Romo were for a first down - how about those 3rd down conversion numbers!

Yet with Dak it is not even 50%

Espn sheeple!

Get a clue!
I am unable to argue this with you as I do not actually know, only going by the number of times I f-bombed during games. I tried, unsuccessfully, to google the info but found nothing. could you provide a link, just for my interest. if you are correct, I stand corrected. that would be a most impressive stat.

Blake

Reaction score
Again please bring your argument to the table. Romo was available from week 8 on, so now tell me why Dak was a better QB than Romo as a rookie. Could he read a D? could he look off defenders, could he step up in the pocket ( i know he still can't do that today), why wasn't he allowed to audible as a rookie at the line of scrimmage, was he able to set proper protections at the line? This goes on and on. Dak was able to throw mostly 4-6 yard passes, he was able to hand off to Zeke for 1800 plus yards and as a rookie he was a better runner than Romo, no problem admitting that. But as far as being an accomplished QB as a rookie, not possible

Romo would've been down again in no time flat. Anyone not living in denial knows this.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're a Romo stan living in denial about your average QB. There is no burden of proof needed. The best ability is Availability as they say, and Romo was unreliable. They didn't grant Romo his wishes about a competition because it was incredibly selfish of him to ask for one in the midst of a historic run with our new franchise QB. You're just highlighting the very reasons Romo was a self centered prick and not a leader.

Wow...what a bitter miserable person you are.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
You mean the games our horrid defense could never make the final stop?

Bet you Romo giving us a lead with under 2- 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter and the D blowing that lead happenned way more often than Romo ever throwing a game ending pick...just a guess but i would bet money on it...big money

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
The best ability are availability and reliability. Debate over.

You got nothing and the reason you got nothing is because you don't know squat about the game if you did you would at least try to to find a reason...you just keep going with the "Dak is better" argument

cern

Reaction score
dak was the hot hand. the decision to keep him the starter was made by coaches even asking certain players how they felt about the situation. the players were in favor of keeping dak the starter. even jerry, who earlier said the job was romo's when he returned from injury butted out and let dak be the man.