Video: Every Romo TD

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo gave us consecutive 8-8 seasons. What's your point? And we're talking about 2016, So really what's your point?

My point is you said Dak replaced "the choker" as if we got something out of it. Still got nothing but you;ve claimed your victory about it? Ridiculous.

Blake

Reaction score
I don't care if he only played for 2 games then got hurt again you play your best players when they are healthy if you want to win, so again make your argument why you think Dak was better as a rookie than Romo

Romo wasn't the best player, not by a mile. He sure as heck wouldn't have been able to duel it out with Rogers like Dak did. Romo would've caved under the pressure because he realizes Aaron Rodgers is just that much better than he could ever hope to be.

starfan1

Reaction score
We win the SB in 2016 if they give him his job back when healthy, at worst we get there
Ya like he had in the past. That broke back choke machine wasn’t getting us anywhere except the same fate Dak did

And that’s because clapper was still his coach and Marinelli and the **** defense was still going to be his

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've always liked Dak as an individual, good guy good head on his shoulders, i've just always thought he was a QB with average talent whose had the luxery of being surrounded by above average talent. The team Dak leads is stacked on offense again this season only i think our schedule is going to be tougher this year than last year because i think our division has improved, if the best we could do last season was a mediocre 8-8 i can't see us doing anything better than that this season 7-9 to 9-7. Opposing teams are really not afraid of Dak beating them, they never have been and until he can prove otherwise we are really not going to be any better than we have been. Just my opinion and i hope i'm wrong because if they give him the contract he wants with the type of guarantees he wants we will be stuck for the next 4 years with an offense that will be moving into rebuild mode after this season and we really won't have the money we need to address the problems, and i don't think we have a QB in Dak who can hide those problems. It will get even uglier

That is sort of where I stand. There is ZERO doubt in my mind Tony elevated his team. He made average (at best) receivers look great. Does Dak truly make our great players better? I'm not sure just yet.

Blake

Reaction score
My point is you said Dak replaced "the choker" as if we got something out of it. Still got nothing but you;ve claimed your victory about it? Ridiculous.

We got a better QB and leader. You Romo stans can't accept that Dak's story is still being told while Romo's is already concluded. You trying to compare the legacy of a QB that played for over a decade to one that has only been in the league a few years is pathetic.

Blake

Reaction score
That is sort of where I stand. There is ZERO doubt in my mind Tony elevated his team. He made average (at best) receivers look great. Does Dak truly make our great players better? I'm not sure just yet.

Yea, all those late season picks in crunch time was really "elevating" his team. And I still contend, that jump ball to Bryant against Green Bay was one of the most arrogant, stupidest throws #9 has ever made. He was all about self glorification versus what's best for the team. That's why he lives in the shadow of Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
2007 was one of the funnest seasons to watch, despite the way it had to end (stoopid Cabo!). A season that will always stick out in my mind. TO was so much fun to watch.

I liked Romo. I felt like he was getting better as the years wore on, but, his back just let him down. He was starting to see the field better and take command of it. The beginning of the 2015 season where he beat the Giants. It's the 4th qtr, just over a minute to play, and he drives the field 72 yards for the win. I remember watching that game with the confidence that he could do it, and he did.

As has been echoed throughout this forum by me and by others, his career was definitely wasted being tethered to Wade Phillips (I like Wade, just not as HC) and Garrett (LOL). I can only imagine the possibility for his growth under somebody like Payton, McCarthy, Shanahan, etc. etc.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
how about a thread showing all his gut wrenching, season killing picks in games where it was lose and go home for the season. that would be a walk down memory lane.
:oldcouple:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea, all those late season picks in crunch time was really "elevating" his team. And I still contend, that jump ball to Bryant against Green Bay was one of the most arrogant, stupidest throws #9 has ever made. He was all about self glorification versus what's best for the team. That's why he lives in the shadow of Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc.

You are wrong.

Nexx

Reaction score
how about a thread showing all his gut wrenching, season killing picks in games where it was lose and go home for the season. that would be a walk down memory lane.

yeah trying to drive the team 80 yards with 30 seconds left in the game interception sure. at least he went down shooting unlike Dak who goes limp mode like he did against the Eagles.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's a luxery having a QB that is durable and doesn't miss games.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Cognitive dissonance and not having enough guts to read this will keep you Romo stans ignorant.
Those who have some common sense and aren't afraid of the facts regarding #9 (who you Romo-sexuals have elevated in status far beyond what he has earned)
know what's up.

It's time to stop apologizing for Tony Romo.
http://www.numericsports.com/2013/12/17/its-time-to-stop-apologizing-for-tony-romo/
Time to go buddy. Its nap time. You are stinking up the thread

72w2rs.gif.7683d1edabd995403b0b1651129dc3d8.gif

12+88=7

Reaction score
Romo was trash and did eliminate us from playoff contention all on his own.

After that interception the Dallas defense held Washington on a 3rd and goal which would have kept Dallas in the game giving Romo a chance to redeem himself. But Jason Hatcher hit Griffen's helmet giving Washington a new set of downs leading to the clinching touchdown.

The one thing that Romo never had in his career was football luck. Something would come up to thwart a victory. The bobbled hold, Jason Pierre Paul blocking a game tying FG, Bryant lands with pinky out of bounds, last game at Texas Stadium Dallas scores to get within a score Baltimore runs for 70 yards on first play, Dallas quickly scores again Baltimore runs another 70 yards on first play, Austin loses ball in lights, "the catch/ no catch", and others

Tom Brady for example won multiple Super Bowls with football luck. The tuck rule, Atlanta misses FG, Wilson intercepted at the one, Dee Ford offsides on a game ending interception.

Sometimes it's really just luck that separates success and failure.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some fans just get agitated with anything Romo because they automatically see it as dissing Dak.

Some of us can appreciate both past and present players.
Responses are strictly Pavlovian:

xLACBd5.png

Everyone has opinions. Whether any opinion is right or wrong is not even relevant. Why people respond to certain things is.

A negative post is predestined. See the name Romo in a thread title. The next two actions are: 1) click the title and 2) create and post a negative message. Does not matter what the context of the actual thread. The negative response is automatic.

In truth, the conscious conditioning is fairly universal. The name Prescott gets the same auto-response for the same reason.

Football is a team game. A team game results in team wins, losses and sometimes ties. The conditioned auto-negative response of reading a player's name, watching a video involving the player, etc., is predicable despite the many variables that occur during any given game that the mind dismisses. It becomes all about the player and not about the team.

cern

Reaction score
yeah trying to drive the team 80 yards with 30 seconds left in the game interception sure. at least he went down shooting unlike Dak who goes limp mode like he did against the Eagles.
I'm not saying dak's the next coming either. Neither has been to the big dance. Both 0layed on teams good enough to have done so. Imo, poor coaching was also a big contributor to those failures.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Romo wasn't the best player, not by a mile. He sure as heck wouldn't have been able to duel it out with Rogers like Dak did. Romo would've caved under the pressure because he realizes Aaron Rodgers is just that much better than he could ever hope to be.

Really, last i checked Dak was down 21-3 against Rodgers and 28-13 after 3 quarters in the playoffs, when Romo played Rodgers in the playoffs we had the lead most of the game and would have kept it not for the Demarco Murray fumble and the Dez catch. You talk alot but you sure don't seem to be able to back up anything you are saying