Every Tony Dorsett touchdown

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this. Tony was so dynamic and gets over shadowed by Emmitt (who I loved). People forget how big Tony was in the NFL in the early 80s. Did he have a contemporary who he was measured against like Emmitt was with Barry? I don’t remember.

Tony looks like the fastest man on the field. Has another gear. Matt Millen once referred to him “as the slowest walking fast man he had ever met”. Posts like this are the reason I love this forum.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I loved Emmitt but I don't think I've enjoyed watching any Cowboy run the ball as much as I enjoyed watching this guy do it.
I followed Tony all the way from Pitt till we drafted him, was super pumped that we did. Tony was dynamic and a magician of sorts who could cut and shake and bake and take that ball to the house on any given carry. He was a different type of back than Emmitt Smith. Both were great and had heart, however.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The play at 12:37 is my favorite. Most RBs would've been tackled for a loss, but his vision let him stop and slide to his left, then accelerate like he was being chased by wolves.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Vision.

I don't think there's a RB in the NFL today that is even close to having TD's vision.

I remember back when HW and him were the Dream Team backfield. They asked HW how many defenders he saw when he carried the ball, he said "1, the one in front of me". They asked TD.. "11".

Probably a bit off on the quotes but you get the point. My all-time favorite Cowboy.
Didn't ever hear this one before. Thanks for sharing. I laughed! Thanks to the OP for sharing the vid.

Flamma

Reaction score
It was 2 years before I was born.

The time goes quick. The first SB I got to see the Cowboys win, I was sled riding with my friends before the game. The last SB I watched them win was from my own house that I purchased several years prior. The next SB I'll be watching from a nursing home!

cowboybish

Reaction score
My favorite two Cowboys of all time were Emmitt and Dorsett. I love running backs.

Then my oldest daughter played soccer against his youngest daughter for years, and I got to know him a little bit. Nice man. I hate what he's going through physically right now.

Emmitt was better by a good margin, but Tony was unreal when he hit the open field.
See I disagree here - They were different. They both hit the hole quickly but Emmitt was stronger but not as elusive. Emmitt was better between the tackles although Dorsett was very good as well, but without question Dorsett was better outside the tackles. Emmitt could break tackles better but Dorsett avoided the tackles better and when Dorsett hit the open field there was a better chance he would score. Near the goal Dorsett was no slouch but give me Emmitt near the goal.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My favorite two Cowboys of all time were Emmitt and Dorsett. I love running backs.

Then my oldest daughter played soccer against his youngest daughter for years, and I got to know him a little bit. Nice man. I hate what he's going through physically right now.

Emmitt was better by a good margin, but Tony was unreal when he hit the open field.

My two favorites also. Loved how fluid and smooth TD was.
I met TD's ex wife at the Palm Beach Gardens Mall when I lived in that area. When their son was in college.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The time goes quick. The first SB I got to see the Cowboys win, I was sled riding with my friends before the game. The last SB I watched them win was from my own house that I purchased several years prior. The next SB I'll be watching from a nursing home!

You plan to be in a nursing home this season? :muttley:

Flamma

Reaction score
You plan to be in a nursing home this season? :muttley:

That's funny. This season isn't that exciting for me in regards to the Cowboys because I know the Bucs are going back. Nothing is stopping them. They're probably just peaking now. I am still excited to see how the Cowboys improve and other situations in the NFL regarding QBs, but a championship? I don't think so. But hey, anything can happen.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's funny. This season isn't that exciting for me in regards to the Cowboys because I know the Bucs are going back. Nothing is stopping them. They're probably just peaking now. I am still excited to see how the Cowboys improve and other situations in the NFL regarding QBs, but a championship? I don't think so. But hey, anything can happen.

TB only making the playoffs by default. Brees has retired, NO will not be as good, Panthers and Falcons will struggle some but could be spoilers. Brady is a year older, and a lot of film to dissect on them. I will not count him out though. But I won't go as far as saying repeat at this point.

Not exciting going into this season?. I get excited at the start of any season. Even in 1989, we knew we would not compete for a playoff spot. But didn't think we would be 1-15. I figured 5 or 6 wins at the most if lucky. But I was still excited to see how they would be built, and even more so after the Walker trade. The thing is this year if all healthy, they do have a shot to go deeper into the playoffs, if the defense even improves to average. And they is a good chance at that. Though I want to see it on the field for real. But it is enough to keep me pumped up for the season too start.

I don't have SB aspirations, but each year is different and you never know what will happen. Ask Eli Manning about that. :lmao2:

Flamma

Reaction score
TB only making the playoffs by default. Brees has retired, NO will not be as good, Panthers and Falcons will struggle some but could be spoilers. Brady is a year older, and a lot of film to dissect on them. I will not count him out though. But I won't go as far as saying repeat at this point.

Not exciting going into this season?. I get excited at the start of any season. Even in 1989, we knew we would not compete for a playoff spot. But didn't think we would be 1-15. I figured 5 or 6 wins at the most if lucky. But I was still excited to see how they would be built, and even more so after the Walker trade. The thing is this year if all healthy, they do have a shot to go deeper into the playoffs, if the defense even improves to average. And they is a good chance at that. Though I want to see it on the field for real. But it is enough to keep me pumped up for the season too start.

I don't have SB aspirations, but each year is different and you never know what will happen. Ask Eli Manning about that. :lmao2:

Yeah I can't argue any of this. Especially your last comment. I just have a feeling the Bucs are going to be like 2007 Patriots. I don't mean 16-0. But really close to that. It's a feeling I have this season. Brady and the Bucs are stacking the deck. I hope I'm wrong. That is the last thing I want to see.