Every year there is that one game that tells me our team doesn't have what it takes

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
To be a true contender. THIS loss was that game for me in 2022.

And again it was a total team loss. From Dak, to the defense, to the dumb Oline penalties on the final drive to MM making stupid coaching decisions. Cowboys just fold when it counts the most.

This should have been a dominant revenge game, but again the team as a whole didn't show up.

snadler

Reaction score

And again it was a total team loss. From Dak, to the defense, to the dumb Oline penalties on the final drive to MM making stupid coaching decisions. Cowboys just fold when it counts the most.

This should have been a dominant revenge game, but again the team as a whole didn't show up.

In fairness I thought that was on opening night when Dak got hurt and they got embarrassed by the bucs. But I didn’t need todays loss to remind me this team especially with this coach will never win a big game on the road.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In fairness I thought that was on opening night when Dak got hurt and they got embarrassed by the bucs. But I didn’t need todays loss to remind me this team especially with this coach will never win a big game on the road.

Very true. Most people are going to blame the coach or player that they hate the most. For me this was a team loss again.

triplets_93

Reaction score

100% :hammer:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

From Dak? What did Dak do wrong?

Plus, if every year you truly feel this team doesn't have what it takes, why watch? Why follow and torture yourself? Do you like being tortured year in and year out? Might be time to call it quits on this team and follow another team or another sport.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
From Dak? What did Dak do wrong?

Plus, if every year you truly feel this team doesn't have what it takes, why watch? Why follow and torture yourself? Do you like being tortured year in and year out? Might be time to call it quits on this team and follow another team or another sport.

Dak threw two picks. Dont care if supposedly it wasnt his fault. NO points in the 4th or overtime. He gets blame as well.

You got one thing right, it is torture. I actually wish I could root for another team. The Cowboys are a basket case. If I could take a pill and magically follow another team, I would do it.

Sadly I follow this team obsessively. Its quite pathetic actually.

SoBlue128

Reaction score

They got exposed weeks ago against the Eagles in the 4th quarter when they so desperately needed a stop. What did we learn from that night not a damn thing because here we are all but begging OBJ to come save us. And when we draft this year or FA comes around Jerry and Stevie will want a bright shiny toy that sells jerseys instead of nasty big bodied immovable beast in the middle of his defensive line like Vita Vea. At this point save the money your willing to spend on OBJ and go get Suh and see if maybe he can help Hankins out enough to where teams aren’t consistently rushing for 200.

plymkr

Reaction score
Dak threw two picks. Dont care if supposedly it wasnt his fault. NO points in the 4th or overtime. He gets blame as well.

You got one thing right, it is torture. I actually wish I could root for another team. The Cowboys are a basket case. If I could take a pill and magically follow another team, I would do it.

Right. I feel like I'm married to this team and it's an emotionally abusive relationship. Till death do us part. I wish I could take a pill to stop caring or to be able to follow another team. But I can't and the abuse continues.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

There was and still is no bigger basher of Romo than me, but even I never blamed Romo for INTs that were caused because the WRs, TEs or RBs ran the wrong routes.

I hear you on the torture. We all continue to be tortured. That's life. Pain. Pinch yourself hard. You feel that pain? It means you're alive. Living is feeling pain at some level or another. That's how I cope with the Cowboys. Hope for the best but expect some level of pain every year, some more, some less, but I will always support and never give up on them.

kskboys

Reaction score
They got exposed weeks ago against the Eagles in the 4th quarter when they so desperately needed a stop. What did we learn from that night not a damn thing because here we are all but begging OBJ to come save us. And when we draft this year or FA comes around Jerry and Stevie will want a bright shiny toy that sells jerseys instead of nasty big bodied immovable beast in the middle of his defensive line like Vita Vea. At this point save the money your willing to spend on OBJ and go get Suh and see if maybe he can help Hankins out enough to where teams aren’t consistently rushing for 200.
All we need is some more CB's and WR's, didn't you know?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Right. I feel like I'm married to this team and it's an emotionally abusive relationship. Till death do us part. I wish I could take a pill to stop caring or to be able to follow another team. But I can't and the abuse continues.

Yep..............she keeps smacking me around and I keep coming back for more.

Pollard two games without Zeke and he has 250 rushing yards and 4 TD's and next week he will be back on the bench as they feature and injured, hapless Zeke.

And we keep coming back for more.

ICP

Reaction score

Yep, did it for me as well

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Happens every week after a bye for this team. This team is just one of those teams that needs constant momentum. This team is the biggest band of misfits in all of sports. The cowboys and all people associated with them should be ashamed

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There was and still is no bigger basher of Romo than me, but even I never blamed Romo for INTs that were caused because the WRs, TEs or RBs ran the wrong routes.

I hear you on the torture. We all continue to be tortured. That's life. Pain. Pinch yourself hard. You feel that pain? It means you're alive. Living is feeling pain at some level or another. That's how I cope with the Cowboys. Hope for the best but expect some level of pain every year, some more, some less, but I will always support and never give up on them.

Dont care really. Tired of all the excuses whether justified or not. Nothing changes. And next week these fools are going to go right back to featuring an injured, hapless Zeke. Even after Pollard goes for 250 yards and 4 TDs' as as the lead back after the last two games.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
That is hysterical….but i feel the same way. I tell people I dont have to worry about my dallas star tattoo because I would never divorce dallas but now rethinking that.

plymkr

Reaction score
Yep..............she keeps smacking me around and I keep coming back for more.

Pollard two games without Zeke and he has 250 rushing yards and 4 TD's and next week he will be back on the bench as they feature and injured, hapless Zeke.

And we keep coming back for more.
I know. It's like you're laying bed and she lays down and you can smell the other guy's cologne. You just swallow the anger and die a little more every weekend.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Very true. Most people are going to blame the coach or player that they hate the most. For me this was a team loss again.
Actually I give more credit to our opponent. Great QB with their backs against the wall at home .

Yea, we had some blunders but fought back. But this was my concern coming in that Rodgers and the Pack might not be done. Never count out the heart of a champion.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
I didn’t need this game to tell me this team doesn’t have it.

Enjoy the wins, try not to let the losses bug you too much and keep your expectations where they belong… low.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dont care really. Tired of all the excuses whether justified or not. Nothing changes. And next week these fools are going to go right back to featuring an injured, hapless Zeke. Even after Pollard goes for 250 yards and 4 TDs' as as the lead back after the last two games.
It is what it is. It’s why we can’t take Cowboys Football under our dysfunctional ownership too serious anymore. Have to enjoy it for the entertainment value it is.