Everyone...CALM DOWN!

robjgrif

Reaction score
Mansta54;2450091 said:
Naw dude, you calm down. We're in the middle of a heated playoff run and our Boyz are starting to hit their stride at the perfect time which is very exciting for true fans who've been through some rough times this year with the injuries we've had. So why on earth would we calm down, that's flatout foolish regardless of who we've played. The Boyz have their swagger back and they're confident, so I'm not about to calm down. Infact, I can't wait until next sunday like the rest of the TRUE COWBOY FANS... Calm down, maaaan pleeeeeze!!!!!!!

You hit the nail on the head!:yourock:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hmmmm....let's see....calm down and show no excitement because the teams aren't good enough for some people....go ahead and be excited about the fact that we're taking care of business like we need to...geez...I wonder which one I'm going to do.

How about you stay calmed down, cause it suits you, and not worry about what anyone else decides to do in regards to these wins? Sound good? Ok. Thanks for playing.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2450134 said:
I left them out because we didn't beat them by that much, and that was hardly a whippin.

That was a close division game. I don't think teams consider getting a "swagger" back because they eek (forgive the spelling) out a hard-fought victory over a divisional opponent.

But we manhandled the 49ers and Seahawks (two of the lesser teams in the league), and we're talking about "getting our swagger back."

Again, beating up on nerds doesn't count, not in my book. Beat up on the bullies, then I'll be more impressed than blowing out chumps.

So the Giants fight were we got beat up, does that count? Because we were in crutches and our QB was sick that day. That shouldn't count right?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Givincer;2450133 said:
If we just beat them, then yeah it'd be ironic.

But we decimated them. So no, it's not ironic to have our swagger back.

I think you actually made my point in a subtle way.

If we had just beat them, then something would, indeed, have been wrong.

Why?

Because we were expected to beat those teams. Beating them by a large margin was expected of a team the caliber of Dallas.

Again, back to my analogy. If you beat the nerd by decision, that reflects negatively on you and your skills.
If you beat the nerd by a knock out, great. But weren't you suppose to do that?

I wouldn't gloat because I knocked out a few nerds. Now do it to Pittsburgh, NY, Baltimore and Philly, then I'll be impressed and appreciate the swagger.

But pimp walking because you beat the Seasquawks and the FortyWhiners? :lmao2:

Mansta54

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2450134 said:
I left them out because we didn't beat them by that much, and that was hardly a whippin.

That was a close division game. I don't think teams consider getting a "swagger" back because they eek (forgive the spelling) out a hard-fought victory over a divisional opponent.

But we manhandled the 49ers and Seahawks (two of the lesser teams in the league), and we're talking about "getting our swagger back."

Again, beating up on nerds doesn't count, not in my book. Beat up on the bullies, then I'll be more impressed than blowing out chumps.

Dude are you serious? The Foreskin W was the most impressive cause it was a physical W with us dominating the LOS. The score doesn't always tell the story. We physically ran the ball down their throats to close out the game and held the ball for over 6 minutes. Do you have any idea about what that means? I don't understand your logic at all.....

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2450143 said:
So the Giants fight were we got beat up, does that count? Because we were in crutches and our QB was sick that day. That shouldn't count right?

I'm not talking about the Giants. I'm talking about the Cowboys.

The Giants beat us while we were down. But that has nothing to do with whether the Cowboys' swagger is legitimate or not.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Mansta54;2450146 said:
Dude are you serious? The Foreskin W was the most impressive cause it was a physical W with us dominating the LOS. The score doesn't always tell the story. We physically ran the ball down their throats to close out the game and held the ball for over 6 minutes. Do you have any idea about what that means? I don't understand your logic at all.....

Yes, we ran the ball down their throats to close out the game. But we didn't take the lead until the fourth quarter, if I'm not mistaken.

As for my logic, I'm making perfectly good sense.

As I stated before, if we had beat the 49ers 23-20 and the Seahawks 14-10, no one would be talking about swagger. Swagger is built upon beating bad teams by a large margin.

So this team has won by blowouts over two of the worse teams in the league. And fans and the Cowboys are talking about having got back their swagger.

By beating a bunch of nerds? :confused: :rolleyes:

Big woopdie doo!

Color me unimpressed by the swagger talk.

Yes, I'm glad they smoked both teams. But if we lose the next four games, by a field goal or even by one point, nobody's going to be talking about swagger.

Mansta54

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2450159 said:
Yes, we ran the ball down their throats to close out the game. But we didn't take the lead until the fourth quarter, if I'm not mistaken.

As I stated before, if we had beat the 49ers 23-20 and the Seahawks 14-10, no one would be talking about swagger. Swagger is built upon beating bad teams by a large margin.

So this team has won by blowouts over two of the worse teams in the league. And fans and the Cowboys are talking about having got back their swagger.

Big woopdie doo!

Yes, I'm glad they smoked both teams. But if we lose the next four games, by a field goal or even by one point, nobody's going to be talking about swagger.

And if we win those games by the same amount, folks will be talking about our swagger that we regained when Romo returned to the lineup starting with the Foreskin game in DC...

Don Corleone

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2450159 said:

Big woopdie doo!

My, my, my, how winning has spoiled us! Not long ago, we all moaned and groaned about playing down to the level of our competition. In 2006, we would have won these last 2 games by the narrowest of margins, possibly even losing one of them.

So now we throw the foot on the accelerator and blow past these bad teams, and we're still not good enough.

Rome wasn't built in a day...give this team some cred for beating who they should beat by wide margins.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2450149 said:
I'm not talking about the Giants. I'm talking about the Cowboys.

The Giants beat us while we were down. But that has nothing to do with whether the Cowboys' swagger is legitimate or not.

The giants loss is used to define us just as much as the wins against 2-7 and 3-9. If you want to throw away those meaningless wins I want to throw away the meaningless loses when Romo wasn't playing.

The swagger is legitimate because its a 3 game game momentum coming off a bye. Our players are getting healthy, we are having 'unleashed me' games at various positions. Some of the things we are doing on defense shouldn't be done, Frank Gore is a good rusher we held him to 26 yards, Clinton Portis is a good rusher we held him to 68 yards, we got 7 sacks against the seahawks when they usually give 2.1 a game, TO had a 200+ yard game-it was against the 49ers but it still doesn't happen that much in the league. This is not swagger?

Givincer

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2450172 said:
The giants loss is used to define us just as much as the wins against 2-7 and 3-9. If you want to throw away those meaningless wins I want to throw away the meaningless loses when Romo wasn't playing.

The swagger is legitimate because its a 3 game game momentum coming off a bye. Our players are getting healthy, we are having 'unleashed me' games at various positions. Some of the things we are doing on defense shouldn't be done, Frank Gore is a good rusher we held him to 26 yards, Clinton Portis is a good rusher we held him to 68 yards, we got 7 sacks against the seahawks when they usually give 2.1 a game, TO had a 200+ yard game-it was against the 49ers but it still doesn't happen that much in the league. This is not swagger?

Especially given the fact that Romo is 7-2 in his 9 starts. Very close to 9-0.

This warrants swagger, in a big way, to have him return and see our team not miss a beat.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2450172 said:

Sounds like swagger to me!!!!!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2450120 said:
We beat a 3-7 team and a 2-9 team, and we've got our swagger back? Does anyone see the irony in this kind of thinking? :eek:

That's like spanking the class nerd and pimp walking through the hallways like you beat up the school bully. :laugh1:

I guess after getting beat up by a few nerds ourselves, we'll take what we can get.

Next up, the bullies. If we whip them, then I'll appreciate the "swagger."

Until then, I'm not impressed because the Cowboys knocked around a few Urkels, at home no less.

to be fair, we are 4-1 in our last five while battling injuries. We beat the 8-3 bucs with brad johnson and we won a physical game in washington where we have lost 3 straight. Then we beat the niners and hawks.

I am not saying we have our swagger. And personally, I think even saying we have our swagger speaks to the media hype of the preseason. You have swagger when you make it by playing well over a period of time, not from dopey national writers saying you are good because they know some of the names on your team.

I will say this team is playing confidently and on defense they are creating an identity of being a physical team that hits the quarterback. If you want to corelate that to swagger, that is fine. But it is something this team lacked for a while. Now the defense appears to have an identity to go with the offense which can be a juggernaut when romo is protected.

and you can throw in the special teams which appear to be getting better. Polk, davis, watkins and burnett are playing well on special teams. We are going to lose watkins, but hopefully battle, rogers and carpenter will step up and make plays. I know the gunners on our special teams units, scandrick and alan ball played great yesterday.

again, the term swagger to me is a misnomer. That is media hype and homerism from the fans. I do however think this team is creating an identity and at the absolute best time of the year.

bigE79

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2450159 said:

Big woopdie doo!

Color me unimpressed with you and people like you who call themselves fans but do nothing but ***** and btw who really gives a **** if you are impressed? THE TEAM IS PLAYING GREAT AND FANS WHO LOVE THE TEAM HAVE HAD TO DEAL WITH A LOT OF **** AND NOW IT FEELS GREAT TO MOST OF US TO BE IN A SITUATION WHERE AT LEAST WE HAVE A CHANCE TO DO SOMETHING REAL GOOD THIS YEAR... YOU AND YOUR CLONES WOULD IMPRESS ME IF YOU WOULD ROOT FOR SOMEONE ELSE:star:

Mansta54

Reaction score
bigE79;2450185 said:
Color me unimpressed with you and people like you who call themselves fans but do nothing but ***** and btw who really gives a **** if you are impressed? THE TEAM IS PLAYING GREAT AND FANS WHO LOVE THE TEAM HAVE HAD TO DEAL WITH A LOT OF **** AND NOW IT FEELS GREAT TO MOST OF US TO BE IN A SITUATION WHERE AT LEAST WE HAVE A CHANCE TO DO SOMETHING REAL GOOD THIS YEAR... YOU AND YOUR CLONES WOULD IMPRESS ME IF YOU WOULD ROOT FOR SOMEONE ELSE:star:

Post of the year!!!!!:bow:

Deefens

Reaction score
Yeah baby, that was a sweet post. All I know is that I can't wait to see the next game... like Greg said, I like what I'm smellin!

khiladi

Reaction score
People forget...

We weren't sniffing the QB even against bad teams in the beginning of the year...

This team is akin to brand new on defense... If we aren't getting sacks, we are hitting the QBs putting pressure on them...

Ware is lining up all over the place...

Wade has the CBs playing man...

Bennett has virtually replaced Tony Curtis and catching balls downfield, while Witten in on the field...

Roy Williams is moving the chains....

Holland has officially replaced Proctor and Flozell no longer has to worry about his right side....

If we were playing like this in the beginning, I don't think we would have lost a game this year, including against the Giants...

Deefens

Reaction score
khiladi;2450279 said:
People forget...

We weren't sniffing the QB even against bad teams in the beginning of the year...

This team is akin to brand new on defense... If we aren't getting sacks, we are hitting the QBs putting pressure on them...

Ware is lining up all over the place...

Wade has the CBs playing man...

Bennett has virtually replaced Tony Curtis and catching balls downfield, while Witten in on the field...

Roy Williams is moving the chains....

Holland has officially replaced Proctor and Flozell no longer has to worry about his right side....

If we were playing like this in the beginning, I don't think we would have lost a game this year, including against the Giants...

Good call. Even Ellis said in a DC.com interview that we are playing much better than when we blew out Cleveland and GB in the beginning of the year. RW11 is making a bigger impact that most realize IMO too.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Deefens;2450285 said:
Good call. Even Ellis said in a DC.com interview that we are playing much better than when we blew out Cleveland and GB in the beginning of the year. RW11 is making a bigger impact that most realize IMO too.

RWR is a huge piece of the puzzle. Now for a MLB and a safety and a couple of OL to push the rest. After we win that super thing.