Everyone...CALM DOWN!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Mansta54;2450166 said:
And if we win those games by the same amount, folks will be talking about our swagger that we regained when Romo returned to the lineup starting with the Foreskin game in DC...

Hey, I agree with you. I'm not saying they don't have swagger. I'm just saying that it aint a big deal at this point and may be a little misplaced.

If we win those games, hey, pimp walk all the way to the playoffs. :D

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2450170 said:
My, my, my, how winning has spoiled us! Not long ago, we all moaned and groaned about playing down to the level of our competition. In 2006, we would have won these last 2 games by the narrowest of margins, possibly even losing one of them.

So now we throw the foot on the accelerator and blow past these bad teams, and we're still not good enough.

Rome wasn't built in a day...give this team some cred for beating who they should beat by wide margins.

I'm not taking anything away from them beating the 49ers and Seahawks.

I'm just saying that "swagger" can't really be measured properly until after we beat these other teams - if we beat these other teams.

Oh, and I've been pretty even-keel. I didn't get too high when we were 3-0, and I'm trying to get overly excited because we're 8-4 and just kicked a few nerd behinds. ;)

I'll gladly eat my words if we should come through this stretch with an 11-4 record. :)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2450172 said:
The giants loss is used to define us just as much as the wins against 2-7 and 3-9. If you want to throw away those meaningless wins I want to throw away the meaningless loses when Romo wasn't playing.

The swagger is legitimate because its a 3 game game momentum coming off a bye. Our players are getting healthy, we are having 'unleashed me' games at various positions. Some of the things we are doing on defense shouldn't be done, Frank Gore is a good rusher we held him to 26 yards, Clinton Portis is a good rusher we held him to 68 yards, we got 7 sacks against the seahawks when they usually give 2.1 a game, TO had a 200+ yard game-it was against the 49ers but it still doesn't happen that much in the league. This is not swagger?

Swagger, yes.

But we shall see within the next four weeks whether it's the swagger that comes from beating up a bunch of nerds or the swagger that comes from knowing you can whip anyone put before you.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
bigE79;2450185 said:
Color me unimpressed with you and people like you who call themselves fans but do nothing but ***** and btw who really gives a **** if you are impressed? THE TEAM IS PLAYING GREAT AND FANS WHO LOVE THE TEAM HAVE HAD TO DEAL WITH A LOT OF **** AND NOW IT FEELS GREAT TO MOST OF US TO BE IN A SITUATION WHERE AT LEAST WE HAVE A CHANCE TO DO SOMETHING REAL GOOD THIS YEAR... YOU AND YOUR CLONES WOULD IMPRESS ME IF YOU WOULD ROOT FOR SOMEONE ELSE:star:

Yes, because all Cowboys fans must think alike. We must never challenge popular views or question what the players say. We must all rally behind anything positive said about the Cowboys and never, ever entertain the negative. We must live in the fantasy realm where the Cowboys can do no wrong, if they get beat, it's because Romo was out or T.O. was injured or Witten was sick or Wade Phillips was just having an off day coaching. This is what constitutes TRUE worship, er, I mean, fandom.

And you connect me with clones? bahahahahahaha! :lmao2:

Oh, sorry, but you don't dictate who a Cowboys fan is or what a Cowboys fan can think.

Oh, and you care what I think otherwise you wouldn't have responded. ;)

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2450517 said:
Swagger, yes.

But we shall see within the next four weeks whether it's the swagger that comes from beating up a bunch of nerds or the swagger that comes from knowing you can whip anyone put before you.

We shall see. Very excited about our upcoming games. Plus, I don't think its a swagger from beating up on bad teams, I think its from what we did, how we performed, during those games.

When we were 3-0, there was more complaints and worry than in this 3-0 stretch. There was a worry that the team is barely winning, winning sloppy, playing bad. There was a wait for the team to fall apart. Now the team is hungry. We are looking for a challenge. We are dominating bad record teams, and we seem to think we can compete with anyone.

Time will tell. Pittsburgh cant get here soon enough.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2450533 said:
We shall see. Very excited about our upcoming games. Plus, I don't think its a swagger from beating up on bad teams, I think its from what we did, how we performed, during those games.

When we were 3-0, there was more complaints and worry than in this 3-0 stretch. There was a worry that the team is barely winning, winning sloppy, playing bad. There was a wait for the team to fall apart. Now the team is hungry. We are looking for a challenge. We are dominating bad record teams, and we seem to think we can compete with anyone.

Time will tell. Pittsburgh cant get here soon enough.

:)

As far as your smilies, am I reading this right. Are you predicting a Pittsburgh win because I noticed you have 13 smilies?

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2450536 said:
:)

As far as your smilies, am I reading this right. Are you predicting a Pittsburgh win because I noticed you have 13 smilies?

Sunglasses is bye. But now you got me thinking I screwed it up somewhere along the way.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
tyke1doe;2450159 said:
As I stated before, if we had beat the 49ers 23-20 and the Seahawks 14-10, no one would be talking about swagger. Swagger is built upon beating bad teams by a large margin.

So this team has won by blowouts over two of the worse teams in the league. And fans and the Cowboys are talking about having got back their swagger.

By beating a bunch of nerds? :confused: :rolleyes:

Big woopdie doo!

Color me unimpressed by the swagger talk.

Yes, I'm glad they smoked both teams. But if we lose the next four games, by a field goal or even by one point, nobody's going to be talking about swagger.

Do you even know what you are trying to say? Read the bold above and tell me you really know what you are saying.

:confused:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I don't know if we are back or not. We beat some soft teams but we beat them. I was really concerned we would find a way to lose to Seattle, not that they would beat us but we would beat ourselves.

We played pretty well. Well enough to beat teams with wining records?
We shall see. I like our chances though. More now than in a long time.
If healthy that is.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2450625 said:
I don't know if we are back or not. We beat some soft teams but we beat them. I was really concerned we would find a way to lose to Seattle, not that they would beat us but we would beat ourselves.

We played pretty well. Well enough to beat teams with wining records?
We shall see. I like our chances though. More now than in a long time.
If healthy that is.

We beat them soundly and played well. Good teams should dominate bad teams and we did just that. The most impressive W was at Washington cause we dominated the LOS on both sides of the ball and then ran it down their throats for over 6mins to close out the game on the road. Very impressive!!!

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Mansta54;2450627 said:
We beat them soundly and played well. Good teams should dominate bad teams and we did just that. The most impressive W was at Washington cause we dominated the LOS on both sides of the ball and then ran it down their throats for over 6mins to close out the game on the road. Very impressive!!!

I expect a team with this much talent to beat the teams with way lesser talent soundly. That wasn't a surprise to me.

The Washington win was fantastic, that's what we can be excited about.

I still won't let my guard down though, our fun months are ahead.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I am pleased because the team is not playing nearly as sloppy football the past three weeks and the offensive line is coming around regardless of who they played. It's a good sign when the team improves in those two areas....now if they can only stay healthy.