Everyone can calm down, nothings changing

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nothing changing at the top is the problem. Players and coaches have come and gone since the late 90s, and the Jones boys have hired/fired all of them.

Expecting the two of them to produce different results by changing more players and coaches is just wishful thinking.
Jake---bingo...for 28 seaons that is the "constant"....we have changed everyone else more than once.....take it from a HOMER that was taken to psych ward

for ultimate "Shock Treatment" sunday....nothing will change

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm sure that GM tweedle-dum and tweedle-dee have been busily planning how the team, since it's sooo close, can get over that hump .....and win a playoff game. First MM, now get Dak extended. That's the ticket, yeah.
mr MS17---- OK but ....what is ...soooo close????....not fire in eyes of players....no courage....not mentality we cant lose cause we go home?....what about

having a scheme that stops them in their tracks???...not close to that...what about offensive scheme keeps them on their heels??...not close to that...what

happened to a defense that sacks everyone and causes multiple turnovers....no where near close to that......if you reverse score that is what we suppose to do

no where near close to that????....what are we close too????.....sooo close to looking bottom of barrel....and now bringing it all back....as though a black eye

and stabbed in the back not enough....Jerry twists the knife to ensure we are dead....soo close to being greatest laughing stock fans and team of all time

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nothing changing IS THE PROBLEM!!!

If you run this thing back with pretty much the exact same players and the exact same coaches, why the hell should we expect the results to be any different?
mr Beast---- when you start the offseason with nothing on horizen but humiliation....and call it run it back....that is what Jerry thinks of the fans that put 8 billion

in his cookie jar....cowboy fanhood use to mean something....now synonymous with pure humliation

Chasing6

Reaction score
It continues to amaze me how many fans don’t grasp or have better instincts and insights to our owner. Our local beat writers got it right.

But it explains how so many buy in to his hype and still believe after all of these years, even after all of the examples and actions he’s so vividly provided what his ambitions and priorities are.

And why he continues on being front and center of Cowboys Football as the face of his franchise even at age 81 instead of passing the baton to his heirs as most fathers would with offspring in the business.

It is what it is . We are what we have become. I waved my white flag decades ago lowering my expectations as our once beloved franchise is no longer the championship caliber franchise it once was. Only in name are we still the Dallas Cowboys.
It amazes me that a lot of our fans thought we were a SB bound team.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I see more and more fans that have stopped going to live games, haven't bought merchandise in years, have stopped watching games and buying nfl Sunday ticket and are just watching when convenient...

Of course there will always be hard-core fans but as more of the older fans die off and the younger fans become more fair weather there is going to be more and more apathy that should ultimately hurt the bottom line...which is the only thing that will effect change

I'll stop short of wishing Jerry to pass on bc I don't want that juju, but the team is going to be in this same position until there is new ownership
True , until Jerry moves on , we have no hope of things Improving.
I am 19 years younger than Jerry, so I am waiting him out.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This roster has 9 All-Pros and will end up with double digit probowlers (once alternates are factored in).

You also have a player that will finish 2nd in the MVP voting in Dak.

You also have a player in the running for Offensive Player of the Year in Lamb.

You also have a player that has more sacks his 1st three years in the league since Reggie White.

Bottom Line..........Compared to most teams in the NFL, this roster has more than enough talent to contend for SB, but yet we continue to lose in the playoffs year after year. Why???

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
It continues to amaze me how many fans don’t grasp or have better instincts and insights to our owner. Our local beat writers got it right.

But it explains how so many buy in to his hype and still believe after all of these years, even after all of the examples and actions he’s so vividly provided what his ambitions and priorities are.

And why he continues on being front and center of Cowboys Football as the face of his franchise even at age 81 instead of passing the baton to his heirs as most fathers would with offspring in the business.

It is what it is . We are what we have become. I waved my white flag decades ago lowering my expectations as our once beloved franchise is no longer the championship caliber franchise it once was. Only in name are we still the Dallas Cowboys.
Yep, expect less free agency dumpster diving (will be broke) and more pressure to draft starters in the draft to fill out the roster.

Very Little will change same or worse results.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This roster has 9 All-Pros and will end up with double digit probowlers (once alternates are factored in).

You also have a player that will finish 2nd in the MVP voting in Dak.

You also have a player in the running for Offensive Player of the Year in Lamb.

You also have a player that has more sacks his 1st three years in the league since Reggie White.

Bottom Line..........Compared to most teams in the NFL, this roster has more than enough talent to contend for SB, but yet we continue to lose in the playoffs year after year. Why???
Because although we have a few key talents we continue to have key weaknesses which are exposed in the playoffs like up the middle on defense unable to stop the run. Or offensively with inability to run the ball.

It should also be noted that two of these All Pro are punter and place kicker. Two are also perennial all pros in Tyron ( when he’s healthy) and Martin. Bland was named for his league leading interceptions. Tyson deservedly had a good season as well. OL held up overall but without a starting talent at RB still unable to establish a solid running game.

Dak and Lamb had their best season putting up great numbers in most of their lopsided 12 wins but struggled more against better teams .

Basically our talent overwhelms lesser talent and our weaknesses are exposed by better teams. We create turnovers against lesser teams but not against better teams often having more of our own.

When we got the early lead our defense smothered opposition. When we got behind early opposition ran the ball on us and our defense couldn’t make key stops to end the game.

It was too often a tale of two different teams we saw out there depending our level of opposition. That’s my brief assessment since you asked.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Because in most of our wins we blew out opponents. 9 of our wins were against below .500 opponents which we averaged winning by more than 20 points a game.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
Nothing changing = opposite of calm down. I love the Cowboys too much to just be passive about the situation.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep, expect less free agency dumpster diving (will be broke) and more pressure to draft starters in the draft to fill out the roster.

Very Little will change same or worse results.
Expect more than normal roster changes this offseason. We should be revamping our RB’s , finally releasing Tyron and beefing up OL while looking to replace interior of DL and middle of defense in LB. Possibly even a change at safety.

I’d also look to be letting Gallup go and possibly be looking for another receiver. Looks like we found our TE though. And should resign Cooks.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
mr hardblues----i grew up on Staubach and then Aikman and great coaching....false expectations hits.....you think yeah highest scroing offense in league #5

defense in scoring in league....Dak #1 TD passes in league ...36-TD 9 INT....CeeDee over 1700 yds receiving over 120 receptions...12 TD's....took the ball away

and made sacks....Parsons 14 sacks....40 sacks in 3 years....so on and so on...and ...9 all pros....the bottom of barrel in playoffs comes in crushes you 27-0

first half???...48-16 before garbage time???....its never happened before...why does it have to be us???....no man its coaching you dont have your players ready

and Jerry said....lets bring it all back.....Jerry tells fat Mike to beg fans....buy into us...what????...they take us as worst fool fans on planet????
No doubt our coaching didn’t have us properly prepared . No excuse for getting blown out. We should have been able to hang in at least a closer game. But I wasn’t surprised our doofus ownership didn’t make a change. That’s another story entirely.

But there were some signs throughout the season which brought me some concern heading into this matchup in playoffs including fact we struggled in December and they won 6 of last 8 games. Teams which struggle down stretch it often continues in playoffs. And teams with momentum heading into playoffs it often extend.

Teams unable to run the ball and stop the run often have issues against better teams and in the playoffs. These were two key weaknesses. And the Packers exploited them.

When our offense struggled early and got behind this season or had turnovers we also struggled. And when our defense didn’t cause turnovers or weren’t playing with lead weren’t as dominating.

Overall it was a tale of two different teams this year. Against lesser teams our talent overwhelmed the opposition by 20 points or more differential. Against stiffer competition we often struggled , getting blown out in a couple of those losses and or our defense couldn’t close the game after offense had taken the lead in a couple others

Our huge wins provided the perception we had a great team packing the stats. Our losses brought much concern we were over rated. That’s my take. Hope it helps.

Moving forward I’d look to find a stronger RB. And mend the middle of our interior defense. Our two biggest weaknesses which better teams exposed.

Last edited:

stinkface

Reaction score
Does anyone think Jerry's brain power is increasing every year? The answer is nada. He was and still is the GM.. He is great at marketing and making money. The Football stuff is way in the rear view mirror. Pretty much a dot in that mirror getting more microscopic every year.