Everyone can calm down, nothings changing

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nothing changing at the top is the problem. Players and coaches have come and gone since the late 90s, and the Jones boys have hired/fired all of them.

Expecting the two of them to produce different results by changing more players and coaches is just wishful thinking.
I’ve always said we can retain some hope while we can adjust our expectations.

Rooting on a dormant and or mediocre organization takes a different mindset.

The bar has been lowered this era cause of Jethro . We no longer have a championship caliber franchise . And haven’t for decades.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm sure that GM tweedle-dum and tweedle-dee have been busily planning how the team, since it's sooo close, can get over that hump .....and win a playoff game. First MM, now get Dak extended. That's the ticket, yeah.
And we can expect our QB being extended as well.

Despite our very frustrating and disappointing ending our owner likes where we are and the team we have .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yet you’re still here. What does that say?
It says that Im an old Diehard local fan who sees our franchise for what it is has become .

Becoming an apathetic fan is actually normal for fans who follow a dormant and mediocre organization.

Being a life long Baylor fan as well I’ve developed some practice supporting and rooting on less than championship caliber programs .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Local dallas media is bought and paid for by Jerry. Bunch of cowards except the fan guys.
Then you didn’t read some of the beat writers from DMN like Cowlishaw and Moore who called it right on and have been continually critical.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yay, more embarrassing losses coming soon! There's nothing I wish more than Jerry and his stupid front office looking like a bunch of idiots
As frustrating and disappointing it is to watch our team on the field unravel I must say there is some gratification to watch Jethro continue to be humiliated.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hopeless season incoming.

It’s so sad that they are doing this to the fans and themselves.
We actually did this to ourselves by continuing supporting him over the years which has enabled him to be this unaccountable.

We obviously have sent him the wrong message for an owner who has been so unsuccessful on the field this era. With record revenue and attendance numbers he must believe we think he’s doing an excellent job.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There will be some of you tomorrow morning that for the first time ever will have to agree with Skip Bayless, because he is gonna unload....should be a good watch. Just sayin'.
Skippy has been more of a Cowboys troll since he was ran out of Dallas by Times Herald .

Honestly as much as MM should be fired for the choke job , the alternatives with who’d work for Jethro are limited . And he actually did help optimize Daks efficiency which we are certain to extend him next year.

Unfortunately this is our destiny under the handicaps our ownership provides . And probably fortunate to even field a playoff caliber team.

I guess we have progressed from Garrett. Lol

Last edited:

Jipper

Reaction score
I hope so. It’s about time .

I had begun to think it would take 50 years of this crap.
I see more and more fans that have stopped going to live games, haven't bought merchandise in years, have stopped watching games and buying nfl Sunday ticket and are just watching when convenient...

Of course there will always be hard-core fans but as more of the older fans die off and the younger fans become more fair weather there is going to be more and more apathy that should ultimately hurt the bottom line...which is the only thing that will effect change

I'll stop short of wishing Jerry to pass on bc I don't want that juju, but the team is going to be in this same position until there is new ownership

Brax

Reaction score
As frustrating and disappointing it is to watch our team on the field unravel I must say there is some gratification to watch Jethro continue to be humiliated.
Actually the playoff final seconds seeing Jerry’s twisted faces, throwing things, banging his fists and looking like a loser is priceless and the best part is he’s the reason for his pain. Even a drunk blind squirrel can get lucky and find a acorn so who knows MM learning to coach, Dak learning not to choke, Jerry doing the right things it might happen you know.

MS17

Reaction score
And we can expect our QB being extended as well.

Despite our very frustrating and disappointing ending our owner likes where we are and the team we have .
Yes. The owner will extend Dakota employing the now overused "we are on the brink of a championship run" logic. This is the owner's prerogative, I dont need to be reminded.
There are some NFL owners now who, just maybe, should back off a smidgen from asserting control over the team's strategic moves. That is all I got.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yeah we need that Jason Garrett guy back. I think with a few more decades he would be better than average.

CWR

Reaction score
It continues to amaze me how many fans don’t grasp or have better instincts and insights to our owner. Our local beat writers got it right.

But it explains how so many buy in to his hype and still believe after all of these years, even after all of the examples and actions he’s so vividly provided what his ambitions and priorities are.

And why he continues on being front and center of Cowboys Football as the face of his franchise even at age 81 instead of passing the baton to his heirs as most fathers would with offspring in the business.

It is what it is . We are what we have become. I waved my white flag decades ago lowering my expectations as our once beloved franchise is no longer the championship caliber franchise it once was. Only in name are we still the Dallas Cowboys.
Make no mistake our local beat writers got it right because most of them are Jerry's mouth pieces to spread propaganda. There is very little actual integrity in journalism now days. They trade access for spin.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Calm is not the word to describe how I'm feeling about this circus. We had a golden opportunity to right 30 years of wrongs, and let it slip away in favor of the same old..... But hey, at least the Cowboys bring in a ton of money for the ring leaders to enjoy, amIright?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Make no mistake our local beat writers got it right because most of them are Jerry's mouth pieces to spread propaganda. There is very little actual integrity in journalism now days. They trade access for spin.
You really need to read the DMN. Cowlishaw is one of our biggest critics and cynic. Moore usually is spot on as well.

Reactions: CWR

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Actually the playoff final seconds seeing Jerry’s twisted faces, throwing things, banging his fists and looking like a loser is priceless and the best part is he’s the reason for his pain. Even a drunk blind squirrel can get lucky and find an acorn so who knows MM learning to coach, Dak learning not to choke, Jerry doing the right things it might happen you know.
After all these years I’ve come to the conclusion that as a result of our idiotic ownership it’s probably amazing they can even field a playoff team.

The rest of the league who runs a more normal organization should be ashamed they aren’t able to field a better team. But at least they have an opportunity to finally get it right some day.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’ve kinda warmed up to it after all these years . It just takes a different mindset to support a mediocre organization.
mr hardblues----i grew up on Staubach and then Aikman and great coaching....false expectations hits.....you think yeah highest scroing offense in league #5

defense in scoring in league....Dak #1 TD passes in league ...36-TD 9 INT....CeeDee over 1700 yds receiving over 120 receptions...12 TD's....took the ball away

and made sacks....Parsons 14 sacks....40 sacks in 3 years....so on and so on...and ...9 all pros....the bottom of barrel in playoffs comes in crushes you 27-0

first half???...48-16 before garbage time???....its never happened before...why does it have to be us???....no man its coaching you dont have your players ready

and Jerry said....lets bring it all back.....Jerry tells fat Mike to beg fans....buy into us...what????...they take us as worst fool fans on planet????