Everyone down on Taco

Sydla

Reaction score
The old man just needs to go. All of this talk about what a great job he does with defensive linemen is just that - talk. The results on Sunday never measure up to the talk.

The last two high draft assets this team used in the defensive line sit next to one another on the bench. And some fans try to excuse that.

Yep, that’s the other part to this.

Marinelli is the guy who pushed for both. Hill, at least you can say, has time still to maybe develop. I think Taco is what Taco is here in Dallas.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Marinelli is the guy who pushed for both. Hill, at least you can say, has time still to maybe develop. I think Taco is what Taco is here in Dallas.

Yeah, nobody is closing the book on Hill certainly, but not even being active on gameday is undeniably a negative and a bad start to an NFL career. But, as with any criticism, some fans will feel obligated to make excuses for it in any way that they can. No matter how pathetic that excuse might be.

Taco is a bust, an epic failure, and a guy that now says "hold my beer" to busts of the past like Carpenter, Ekuban, and Shante Carver.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this is a guy that was over drafted its was a bad pick when they turned it in and is still a bad pick the old relic needs to stay out of the draft room and let the scouts pick the players hill is another bad pick a pick that was over drafted Marinelli needs to stay out of the DRAFT ROOM and let the scouts pick the players

Zordon

Reaction score
Hated the pick, still hate it.
this is a guy that was over drafted its was a bad pick when they turned it in and is still a bad pick the old relic needs to stay out of the draft room and let the scouts pick the players hill is another bad pick a pick that was over drafted Marinelli needs to stay out of the DRAFT ROOM and let the scouts pick the players
Our drafting is starting to go downhill at the worst time. If we're going to give out these mega contracts we're going to need the draft to supplement the rest of the roster.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
It will all be over this week when Quinn returns, one way or another. At that point, his status as 1st round bust is cemented. Sorry.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What? Doesn't seem fair? Okay creampuff, but guess what? They own his contract...they can do whatever they want with it. They're the ones paying HIM millions of dollars not the other way around. They have no obligation to this kid whatsoever especially to one who's attitude sucks and isn't willing to work hard.
Look how we treat our players who care and act right...we treat them good. I agree we should wait to see what happens with him that DE's take time to develop in this league but him doing well in preseason after two years of stinking up the joint and giving piss poor effort doesn't mean he deserves anything after a couple preseason games.
Thank you for playing the game by presenting the counterpoint to my point. Owning his contract doesn't mean not giving him an opportunity during the regular season is the right course of action. You saw his improved play in the preseason. Wouldn't you like to see more of that from him in the regular season as well? You know nothing of what his attitude has been since that improved play in the offseason. He looked like a man ready to redeem himself. He just needs a chance.

Dre11

Reaction score

75boyz

Reaction score
It's pathetic isn't it? How some fans can handle only the good news but never anything critical? If you're talking up 'their Cowboys', they're all aboard, but say anything critical and they lose their minds and start attacking you. I can only imagine how those same people deal with the ups and downs of real life.

If there were a "love" vote you'd get it my friend. This sums up the troll or realist vs. Pollyanna happy fan debate quite accurately. The best latest ones are those Dak family member posters who accuse fans who question Dak's limitations as desiring a loss so that the so called hater can appear right in their opinions on Dak vice enjoying a team win with a possibly limited QB.(that's still TBD/evolving)
Classic stuff. Gets better with every episode.

Your last sentence is the capper. Great post.

Last edited:

Valkyr

Reaction score
I had that same excited feeling when TJ Watt was sitting there that I had when Steven Jackson dropped all the way to our pick. I was like, man did we luck out here.

Then:

A0PjSeR.gif

Verdict

Reaction score
Thread after thread about what a waste Taco has been. When was it that D-Law started showing promise? Ya his 3rd year, until then he was a bust and injury prone. Now he is the $20 million dollar man. Say what you want, the kid showed up in the pre-season. Now there is a thread comparing him to Bobbie Carpenter. How about we wait and see if he shows up this season. They trade him and he blows it up there will be thread after thread on how the FO screwed up by trading him!

Yes. That is what we do here. Have you not been paying attention? Lol

Verdict

Reaction score
If there were a "love" vote you'd get it my friend. This sums up the troll or realist vs. Pollyanna happy fan debate quite accurately. The best latest ones are those Dak family member posters who accuse fans who question Dak's limitations as desiring a loss so that the so called hater can appear right in their opinions on Dak vice enjoying a team win with a possibly limited QB.(that's still TBD/evolving)
Classic stuff. Gets better with every episode.

Your last sentence is the capper. Great post.

Yeah. When I first said Dez would be cut they came at me with pitchforks and tar and feathers. But in the end I was right. It’s been really hard for them to admit they were working on that one.

Witten is also done. Horrible blocker. Progress stopper. Waste of cap space, except maybe around the goal line..

75boyz

Reaction score
Yeah. When I first said Dez would be cut they came at me with pitchforks and tar and feathers. But in the end I was right. It’s been really hard for them to admit they were working on that one.

Witten is also done. Horrible blocker. Progress stopper. Waste of cap space, except maybe around the goal line..

Yup, I'm with ya bro. When a player's declining performance becomes blatantly obvious it's as though there is an unwritten family rule of Thou shalt not speak negative truths about certain players as some sort of kid gloves treatment to carefully navigate through a walking on eggshells atmosphere. This should never be the case in roster improvement and management circles. No matter who the player is.

I'm fully aware of gray area and context and most all the variables that should be going into self scouting and improving your roster on a weekly basis. There are plenty of early round draft hits as well as misses with this Front Office. I just want those in charge to show consistent conviction towards roster improvement by any means necessary even when circumstances dictate otherwise unpopular decisions. The old adage of Time to cut our losses rings true with me on Taco.

The wait and see guys on Taco could end up potentially being right but I think the decision,right now, with this current roster, should be to move on from him.

My opinion is no greater than the next guy's.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Taco needs to learn a little Janis Joplin.....

Down on me, down on me,
Looks like everybody in this whole round world
They're down on me.
Love in this world is so hard to find
When you've got yours and I got mine.
That's why it looks like everybody in this whole round world
They're down on me.
Saying they're down on me, down on me.
Looks like everybody in this whole round world
Down on me.