Everyone has it wrong about Garrett

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
When Garrett took over in 2010 as the head coach he inherited a listless 1-7 team lacking talent. He followed that with 3 8-8 seasons with teams again lacking in talent and unable to do much about it because of salary cap issues. Everyone seems to blame him for the lack of a Super Bowl but in fact he’s the one who turned this organization around. Jones put a lot of faith in Garrett because of his pedigree and intelligence. He had a plan and a vision on how to build a football team. He first focused on getting the right kind of players. I promise you he wanted nothing to do with Greg Hardy. Secondly he focused on building the team from the trenches out which is something you can’t do in one year with the salary cap issues he inherited. He stuck to his guns and build a solid team improving it every year. There were some bumps along the way with time management but you haven’t seen those in recent years. You can nick pick a time here or there but they can be argued both ways. He still needs to prove it in the playoffs but its obvious he’s put together a young team, built from the trenches out and wins. Let’s see what happens this year.
:lmao:

Dre11

Reaction score
I've defended Garrett way more than I've criticized him, but your post is NOT remotely how things have transpired.

Will McClay and Stephen Jones have built the roster.

With Jason Garrett's input. Broaddus has talked about how the front office respects his eye for talent.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lol ... still putting out those false narratives. His offense has been in the top half of the league in scoring 8 out of 10 years and 4 times in the top 10 (5th,5th,5th,7th).

I don’t care what his offenses ranked or how it produced to be honest. The chess side of football was always ignored and he pigeon holed this offense for a decade.

Dre11

Reaction score
I don’t care what his offenses ranked or how it produced to be honest. The chess side of football was always ignored and he pigeon holed this offense for a decade.

Bs. Scoring is the biggest measure of an offense, you again came up with a false narrative. The defense is what's been lacking for most of his tenure here.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
This is a bait thread. The "Listless" team Garrett "inherited" that was apparently devoid of talent, had 6 Pro Bowl players on it, in 2010. In 2009, it had 9. In 2011, the first full year under Garrett, it had two. This team was not devoid of talent when he took it over.

With a capital "B".

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He inherited a prime Romo, Ware, Witten, Dez, and Lee....people who say say he had no talent dont know what the hell they are talking about. I expect that from you tho. Look at the rosters the Seahawks and Panthers coaches inherited if you wanna see a real rebuild.
and we were 1-7. the OL sucked and Romo was getting beat up. we drafted the first ever OL man in the first round and top 10 at that. we drafted Fredrick. we drafted martin. three first round OL men, never before under any coach of the cowboys in 18 years before under jones. you can't deny how he went about rebuilding the team, and nobody does it by themselves. its the whole team, scouts, coaches, GM and organization doing it together. if you think any of these coaches did it by themselves, then your understanding of football organizations is very limited.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Bs. Scoring is the biggest measure of an offense, you again came up with a false narrative. The defense is what's been lacking for most of his tenure here.

Whatever man.. I don’t want to argue about Garrett not taking advantage of the talent he had. Be happy with it if you want but his offenses were trash and his players were just good.

Hopefully the days of playing 1970s football are over.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Garrett is beyond awful and his offensive philosophy has held back the team for a decade.

We've never been as good as we can be because of him.

I don't give the Head Coach much credit for Player evaluation. McClay is the man right now. Nobody cares what Garrett thinks.. Just sit in the corner and clap.
in 2007, his offense produced a top 3 offense and top 2 scoring, that wasn't the only time.....keep trying....

I am not saying garrett is great. he has made his share of mistakes. but he is not awful like you are trying to make him to be.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
in 2007, his offense produced a top 3 offense and top 2 scoring, that wasn't the only time.....keep trying....

I am not saying garrett is great. he has made his share of mistakes. but he is not awful like you are trying to make him to be.

His offense produced squat. Romo was just awesome and was the king of buying time and making plays outside of Garrett’s trash offense.

Everyone found out the hard way he was trash and they took his playcalling away from him and gave it to Linehan who was also trash but at least brought some balance to the offense.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I've defended Garrett way more than I've criticized him, but your post is NOT remotely how things have transpired.

Will McClay and Stephen Jones have built the roster.
actually, in any NFL organization its GM, Scouts and Coaches. no organization just has one person making all the decisions and building rosters.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
His offense produced squat. Romo was just awesome and was the king of buying time and making plays outside of Garrett’s trash offense.
wait, I thought Romo sucked and Dak was the king....now it was all Romo.

btw, Bilicheck has never won anything without Brady. Peyton has only had success with Brees. Carroll has only had success with Russell who saves his arse over and over again. show me one coach who didn't do it with good QB play.

Dre11

Reaction score
The problem is that Garrett must get those types of players because he can't handle the Greg Hardy types and he let Dez get his way on everything until Stephen Jones finally said enough is enough.

He has not gotten through to Taco, Rico, etc.

He barely kept Beasley, TWill and other minor character issue players inline.

Again, if the alternative is Wade Phillips or Norv Turner as Head Coach, I'll take Garrett every day and twice on Sundays, but compared to many other NFL Head Coaches he has not been that good.

Lol how many coaches could handle Hardy ...lol that's a dumb line, Even Parcells couldn't handle T.O.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Bs, his offense put points on the board,in fact his offence was ranked 7th in scoring while the defense was ranked 31th in scoring in 2010. More false narratives.

The false narrative is not!

Garrett was part of the debacle in 2010. He should have not been hired as head coach.

Besides Romo was the reason for a top rank offense, not Garrett.

Dre11

Reaction score
Whatever man.. I don’t want to argue about Garrett not taking advantage of the talent he had. Be happy with it if you want but his offenses were trash and his players were just good.

Hopefully the days of playing 1970s football are over.

You're wrong..lol there's no argument

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You're wrong..lol there's no argument

Yeah I know... Youre right.. I’m sure Garrett will be in high demand as a playcaller once he leaves Dallas. Who wouldn’t want that great playcalling he provided.

Tommy

Reaction score
He does nothing but walks around and provides bad judgment when the game is on the line. Remember icing the kicker?
Anyone who seriously believes that Garrett deserves blame for “icing the kicker” is a football idiot.

Dre11

Reaction score
The false narrative is not!

Garrett was part of the debacle in 2010. He should have not been hired as head coach.

Offense 7th in scoring with the head coach defense 31th. What more should he done. Your narrative is false. The numbers don't lie.