Everyone needs to stop analyzing everyone and everything

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
The truth is that no matter how much Weeden sucks, or how poorly Cassel has played, or how bad a play caller Linehan has been or how poor a head coach Garrett is and even how bad an owner Jerry and son are, the fact is that you can win off of scheme alone.
The Patriots have won with their scheme for many years now. When Rodgers broke his collar bone they even won with scheme. When injuries take place and especially to the QB position the number one thing to have established is a scheme that can help a team and its QB to still move the ball and produce. We are lacking in that department. Our scheme is not good at all.

Let me give you these two stats and I am done:

1. Cassel 11-5
2. Flynn 6 TDs in one game

Cassel has not been productive since leaving the Patriots and Flynn can't even land a job.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The truth is that no matter how much Weeden sucks, or how poorly Cassel has played, or how bad a play caller Linehan has been or how poor a head coach Garrett is and even how bad an owner Jerry and son are, the fact is that you can win off of scheme alone.
The Patriots have won with their scheme for many years now. When Rodgers broke his collar bone they even won with scheme. When injuries take place and especially to the QB position the number one thing to have established is a scheme that can help a team and its QB to still move the ball and produce. We are lacking in that department. Our scheme is not good at all.

1. Cassel 11-5

Cassel has not been productive since leaving the Patriots and Flynn can't even land a job.

Green Bay went 2-5-1 without Rodgers

perrykemp

Reaction score

1. Cassel 11-5

Cassell won in 2008 with a team that went 16-0 the previous year.

Matt Flynn threw 6 TDs in 2011 during a season where the Packers where 15-1. He wasn't in as a injury replacement -- Rodgers was just sitting out game 16. Different circumstances.

Those teams had supreme offensive talent -- as good as this league has seen in a long long time.

A more realistic view is maybe the 2013 Packers who struggled to 2-5-1 when Rodgers went out for 8 games with a broken collarbone.

RunDMC

Reaction score
Garrett has got to go if the Cowboys are serious about winning a Super Bowl before Romo finishes his career. You can't expect Romo to play a full season and we've seen how inept we're right without him. We need to bring in a coach with some level of competence and some semblance of an offensive scheme that doesn't require everything to be perfect and every player on offense healthy to be able to be efficient.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our injury problems this season have been a lot more significant that just Tony Romo.

I don't love our offensive scheme, but it was plenty good last season when we had personnel you could win games with. Go figure.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

1. Cassel 11-5

You should have stopped before you attempted this analysis.

Take the top 2 offensive players out of any team's lineup and they will struggle. Your scenario is omitting the fact that Dez has been out.

RunDMC

Reaction score

Take the top 2 offensive players out of any team's lineup and they will struggle. Your scenario is omitting the fact that Dez has been out.

Struggling is one thing, but to lose FIVE straight games is inexcusable.

We just needed one freaking win to be in control of this joke division.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

1. Cassel 11-5

Keep in mind that Cassel was PUSHED/RUSHED into duty after, what, two weeks here?
Had Cassel been in training camp and begun the season here I am sure he luck would be better.

The plain truth is that teams such as the Patriots can plug in players and succeed, heck, even without Brady at times.
Other teams like the Cowboys have never mastered the craft of bringing in a emergency QB (esept for the Jimma Johnson era) and see him succeed.
It all boils down to a team that unravels when its starting QB is lost for 6-8 games. And that points to a lack of leadership from the top, and I mean Jason Garrett and not Jerra.
Jason Garrett as a assistant coach. Yep.
Jason Garrett as a HC. Not even at the college level. He's the kind of HC that a player can disrepect to his face and get away with it and then Jason say, he say "he's a passionate player. He's an intelligent player and a leader."
In high school, that is the kind of coach we'd call a weenie, yet everybody want to be in his phys ed class or history class cause we knew we could thow gum at him when his back was turned and he never esploded at us.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

We had chances to win some of these games and not having a feel for when to be conservative, when to be aggressive, and when to not be predictable have cost us.

It sounds good to use a blanket statement like "our tops 2 players are out" but the reality is we had chances to win those games.

You can't be down a couple guys, predictable, and conservative to the point of being gutless.

We have a nice defensive unit but it is not a unit that you can hang your hat on and ask to win you a game.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Our injury problems this season have been a lot more significant that just Tony Romo.

I don't love our offensive scheme, but it was plenty good last season when we had personnel you could win games with. Go figure.

Murry Murry Murry :D

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We had chances to win some of these games and not having a feel for when to be conservative, when to be aggressive, and when to not be predictable have cost us.

It sounds good to use a blanket statement like "our tops 2 players are out" but the reality is we had chances to win those games.

You can't be down a couple guys, predictable, and conservative to the point of being gutless.

We have a nice defensive unit but it is not a unit that you can hang your hat on and ask to win you a game.

The Seahawks only scored 13 points and the Giants needed a Kick return TD to win that game.

The fact that they've been very close to winning most of the games without the top 2 players indicates that their strategy has not been too far off.

RunDMC

Reaction score
The Seahawks only scored 13 points and the Giants needed a Kick return TD to win that game.

The fact that they've been very close to winning most of the games without the top 2 players indicates that their strategy has not been too far off.

WHO CARES MAN? CLOSE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. WE NEED TO WIN A FOOTBALL GAME PERIOD AND THESE JOKERS AREN'T DOING ENOUGH TO WIN PERIOD. STOP THE EXCUSES. WIN A GAME. JUST ONE IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Hey again. I noticed you didn't reply to me in my last post. I don't blame you, if I was that blantanly wrong I wouldn't answer either. So tell me hot shot who should replace him since you're all knowing? I'll wait so I can destroy your position and make you a bigger clown that you already are.

Garrett has got to go if the Cowboys are serious about winning a Super Bowl before Romo finishes his career. You can't expect Romo to play a full season and we've seen how inept we're right without him. We need to bring in a coach with some level of competence and some semblance of an offensive scheme that doesn't require everything to be perfect and every player on offense healthy to be able to be efficient.

RunDMC

Reaction score
Hey again. I noticed you didn't reply to me in my last post. I don't blame you, if I was that blantanly wrong I wouldn't answer either. So tell me hot shot who should replace him since you're all knowing? I'll wait so I can destroy your position and make you a bigger clown that you already are.

How about drafting a quarterback for once? We haven't drafted one since Stephen McGee. They saw what Weeden was last year and they stuck with him. That was the most pathetic, horrific quarterback performance all season and they BROUGHT HIM BACK. There were a number of backups out there that would've been improvements. You had Fitzpatrick who has played well for the Jets. Vick was out there. McCoy was out there. All would've been better than the current bums.

superonyx

Reaction score
Regardless of all the back and forth the fact is this team has a talent level that is beyond 0-5 even without Romo and Dez.

Cassell....Weeden....I don't care.
The organization as a whole has came up small in the last 5 games. The GM, the coaches, the players are all guilty of taking a talented team and becoming the worst team in the entire NFL over the last 5 weeks.

AKATheRake

Reaction score

Bruce Arians coaches the Cardinals. Only interim coach I've seen take his team to the playoffs.

So which coach are you thinking of?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score

If anyone wants a good example of hyperbole, look above.

Cas2800

Reaction score
I agree with this........."Everyone needs to stop analyzing everyone and everything." A win this week will cure MOST of the crying. Winning cures all.