Everyone see this Cole Beasley Argument?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
LOL.

Basicly Cole is arguing that his best season was in 2016 with Dak and. ills fans are saying 2020 with Allen.

Too funny that I have made the sake argument as Cole....glad he agrees.

Numbers were better in 2020 and I assume he had a harder row to hoe with Buffalo as a guy paid to be the guy. I was always a fan, but surprised he did so well with Buffalo in that role.

In 2016 we had an overpowering oline, a dominant RB, and even a strong running QB. And teams had yet to figure out that Cole was the threat of our WRs, not Dez or Terrance. He was still mainly getting single coverage, which the man can beat reliably. Just not the same production in 2017 once teams started giving the slot corner LB help against him.

Much easier row to hoe in 2016, and the numbers weren't quite as good.

I'd give the edge to 2020.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I like Josh Allen but according to this place if you have yet to win a SB after 6 years you just can't win one. Allen has to win it or he just vastly overpaid. Yeah puts up stats but it is not about stats it is about rings and thus far has none
Idiotic comment! Josh Allen is losing to Burrows and Mahomes. The game against Mahomes was an exciting shootout while His game against Burrows was not good. DAK is losing to Brock Purdy, Jimmy G, Jared Goff led teams.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Josh Allen has 6 (.75 per game) playoff turnovers to Dak's 5 (.83 per game).

He has 4 INTs (.5 per game) to Dak's 5 (.83 per game).
He has 20 TDs to Dak's 15.
He has a 99.6 rating to Dak's 92.3
He has a 63.75% to Dak's 63.45% completion rate
He has a 7.55 YPA (8.07 AYPA) to Dak's 7.22 (7.19 AYPA)
He has 417 Yards Rushing (6.62 YPC) to Dak's 118 (4.72)
He has 2334 Yards (292 YPG) passing to Dak's 1559 (260 YPG)
Good stats!
Allen is light years better than Dak. If he was on Dallas they would of made it to the SB. Mahomes and Burrows are his Kryptonite while Daks Kryptonite is Brock Purdy and Jimmy G.

mardwin

Reaction score
I like Josh Allen but according to this place if you have yet to win a SB after 6 years you just can't win one. Allen has to win it or he just vastly overpaid. Yeah puts up stats but it is not about stats it is about rings and thus far has none
Allen's has ran into Pat Mahomes, and Joe Burrow. Dak is getting eliminated by Micky mouse QBs (except for Rodgers).

GINeric

Reaction score
Right, remember reading that nonsense and laughing considering Drew Brees won his one and only SB his 8th season and Peyton Manning won his 1st in his 10th. People lose the perspective that’s it’s a 53 man roster, an injury or 2 can completely change a season and the other teams player’s get paid also!

It's funny because the Dak haters make excuses for those two quarterbacks their first few years without major success.... and also how Matt Stafford didn't win his first playoff game until is 11th season and led the league in interceptions the year the Rams carried him to a Superbowl.

According to many here, a good quarterback is supposed to elevate the talent around him.... but when you mention the other quarterbacks who haven't went to Superbowls in their first 6, 7, 8 seasons, those same folks give the excuses for them and that same "elevate the players around them" rule suddenly doesn't apply.

exciter

Reaction score
It's funny because the Dak haters make excuses for those two quarterbacks their first few years without major success.... and also how Matt Stafford didn't win his first playoff game until is 11th season and led the league in interceptions the year the Rams carried him to a Superbowl.

According to many here, a good quarterback is supposed to elevate the talent around him.... but when you mention the other quarterbacks who haven't went to Superbowls in their first 6, 7, 8 seasons, those same folks give the excuses for them and that same "elevate the players around them" rule suddenly doesn't apply.
Right, one of Dak’s biggest critics here grand plan was to let him walk, trade our 10th pick (Parsons) and draft Zach Wilson. Best not to pay a lot of attention!

Flamma

Reaction score
I like Allen too, but he's not winning a SB with that cap hit. Just isn't. There are other teams with good QBs too, and better teams due to being paid less.

Your QB needs to be closer to 10% of the cap or on a rookie deal to get to the SB. Only the Chiefs defy that logic.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Hurry up and have a new development, Michael Irvin case. The Dak bot/anti-bot syndicate is back at it. Lol.

Aven8

Reaction score
All I know is Allen looked like the last person that wanted to be at home in a snowstorm against Cincy in the playoffs.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Never said he wasn't. Give me the choice at Dak or Allen I would take Allen but if not mistaken even you claimed NO QB ever won a SB after signing big contract. Allen has got the money nothing to show for it but stats.

Yeah cause it’s difficult to win after signing even for elite QBs.

No QB is an exception to this rule so far besides the GOAT Patrick Mahomes. He’s an outlier.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Cole Beasley is a slot receiver…period. No one could cover him there….too quick. He was a chain mover, first down machine, and more of the QB’s security blanket than the TE.

I would love to draft a faster Beasley in this year’s draft. There are a few.

Praxit

Reaction score
..yep, sounds like Bease trying to make his way back to Dallas... lol..

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
LOL.

Basicly Cole is arguing that his best season was in 2016 with Dak and. ills fans are saying 2020 with Allen.

Too funny that I have made the sake argument as Cole....glad he agrees.

I can understand Beasley's argument. He was the third receiver for us in 2016 and had 75 receptions for 833 yards and 5 TDs. Statistically, he had more receptions two of his seasons in Buffalo and more yards once (but never more TDs), but Beasley was basically unstoppable out of the slot in 2016. Teams hadn't figured out how to cover him yet and he was breaking ankles with his inside and outside breaks. It wasn't until the next year that defenses really settled into bracketing him to take away the short passes and try to force him to go deep, which he wasn't that successful doing here.

T-RO

Reaction score
Cole said he was his best in 2016, which lines up to his physical prime: age 27. He arrived w/Bills when he was past his prime, in his thirties.

Cole was talking about himself, not about Dak or Josh or anything.

This thread is really funny stuff.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Cole Beasley is a slot receiver…period. No one could cover him there….too quick. He was a chain mover, first down machine, and more of the QB’s security blanket than the TE.

I would love to draft a faster Beasley in this year’s draft. There are a few.
I never understood why they haven’t given Dak a weapon like Beasley since he left.

HanD

Reaction score
Lol how many rings does buf have? And they have to play against mahommes burrow Herbert and now arod? Don't count your rings just yet.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
first off don't use total yards and what not you said he has 2 more games. also looked it up you are not adding correctly.

Secondly

NO its not JUST 4 Ints add in 6 his fumbles are T/OS sorry dude a turnover isn't just an INT he has 11 TOTAL MISTAKES ie Turnovers

i know its shocking some of you Josh Fan boys on a coverup but its out there . ones elite those numbers you showed are not making your point.11 tos is not good at all as a close compl% rating etc etc

again, my original reply is factual and valid

11 playoff t/os to daks 5

good dry kicking those fumbles under rug and try to direct from that fact...
He has 2 lost fumbles. 4 INTs

6 turnovers.