Everyone who wants to let Demarco walk get in here

Dwight

Reaction score
He is a good back but I would allow him to walk. Good RBs can be drafted in the mid to late rounds in the draft.

Zman5

Reaction score
He is a special back if he can STAY HEALTHY. Big if.

Craig

Reaction score
Im here. If he wants to be paid like a top back, let him go and bring in someone cheap that can run behind an elite line.

reddyuta

Reaction score
sorry but if we need a good runner we can always get another 3rd rd RB,Randle was averaging 10 yards behind our oline.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's a number we can bring him in at that would make sense. I think a lot of that's going to depend on how much opportunity he perceives he'd have in the offense, and whether or not we might actually be able to win a lot of football games. He strikes me as a team-first guy who wants to contribute to the wins, and who wants to get paid fairly (and who probably has a higher idea of what 'fair' is than I would).

I think we let him test the market and then see if we want to match a deal for a second contract.

Szczepanik

Reaction score
That run at the end of the game changing directions sealed the deal. Not many other RB's could make that play.

To anyone that says another RB could run behind this line: I guess E.Smith was nothing special either then huh?

Great logic from our fanbase on that one.....

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Top 5 back? Last I checked Jamaal Charles, AP, LeSean McCoy, Beast Mode, and Forte are still in the NFL. With that said, Murray is still a very good RB (top 10). I'm not sold on signing Murray to an extension, especially when you got guys like Giovani Bernard, Eddy Lacy, Alfred Morris, and Le'Veon Bell readily available in the draft. Why waste 10 million a year on a RB when you can find a solid one in the draft for a lot cheaper? Murray's good, but he's not worth the hole he'd create elsewhere due to his salary cap hit.

I'm not sure that Forte is better than Murray. In fact I don't think he is at all. He is only better known because the bears utilized him more.

Duane

Reaction score
He's a good player but if it comes down to signing him or Dez, Dez wins every time.

dbonham

Reaction score
Do you think the Bears should have let Forte walk? Romo has played his best year, we need someone to carry the weight of this offense. If you want that man to be Joseph Randle then I don't know what to tell you.

I think we can get Demarco for 6-7m a year. I would gladly have him 4 years 28 mil with some injury clauses.

DuDa

Reaction score
I'll give him 3-4 mil per for no more than 3 years. Sorry but RB's just aren't getting paid these days. Just a quick note, all the RB's looked good running the ball today.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Hes certainly an upper tier runner. But at the end of the day I'd rather let him walk and take advantage of how easy it is to get RB's in the draft these days and keep putting resources into the O-line.

Why not resign him, and use the draft pick for defense?