Video: Ex-NFL Player Reaction: Is it right move for Dak to play out his contract?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It is indeed my friend and Dak is part of the team currently.
His failures cannot be denied.
He’s had his issues in the playoffs along with the team. The times we’ve played well as a team so has he. My point has always been you can’t pin our playoff struggles entirely on him. The playoff struggles have been going on since the late 90s. Aikman was 0-2 in his last two playoff games.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He’s had his issues in the playoffs along with the team. The times we’ve played well as a team so has he. My point has always been you can’t pin our playoff struggles entirely on him. The playoff struggles have been going on since the late 90s. Aikman was 0-2 in his last two playoff games.
Aikman won 3 rings, please never include his name when speaking of Dak.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Aikman won 3 rings, please never include his name when speaking of Dak.
He won 3 rings with all-time great teams. Everyone was doubting him his first 2 seasons when he was 7-19 as the starter. He would struggle to win with these current teams that lead the league in penalties, have little running game and piss-poor playoff defenses. He would be missing games due to injuries/concussions. No QB is going to get far with the teams we’ve had the past 2+ decades. The players don’t want it bad enough and aren’t committed to being the best. They don’t fight for their head coach. It all starts with the Joneses.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He won 3 rings with all-time great teams. Everyone was doubting him his first 2 seasons when he was 7-19 as the starter. He would struggle to win with these current teams that lead the league in penalties, have little running game and piss-poor playoff defenses. He would be missing games due to injuries/concussions. No QB is going to get far with the teams we’ve had the past 2+ decades. The players don’t want it bad enough and aren’t committed to being the best. They don’t fight for their head coach. It all starts with the Joneses.
You make excuses for Aikman actually winning like you defend Dak for actually losing... zero cred.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You make excuses for Aikman actually winning like you defend Dak for actually losing... zero cred.
Saying Troy Aikman won with all-time great teams isn’t making an excuse for him. He even admitted himself he wouldn’t have had the success and career he did had it not been for the great teams he was part of. That’s the reason he’s in the HOF. It’s the same for a lot of QBs. Aikman struggled early in his career and late in his career due to the teams he was part of. He once said Romo was a better QB than him. I don’t believe that but Aikman knew he was blessed to have great teams and a great head coach.

Chasing6

Reaction score
We have all figured out why, you prefer to lay in the shadows of yesterday.
Teams win in the playoffs.

Better individual players can beat inferior players in the regular season.

Complimentary football wins in the playoffs.

GM Jethro does not understand complimentary football. He wanted the best pass defense and end up with the worst run defense in the playoffs.

Chasing6

Reaction score
GOOD MORNING FOOTBALL (Recommend watching this one!)
  • Jason McCourty: Confused if it's truly a mutual decision. He'll have so many suitors though. Cowboys fans see same thing, we win a lot of games but fall short. Other fans though are photoshopping their team's jersey on Dak. (Partner asks the question -- There are good QBs, but they are not crazy good players that teams worry about. There is a well known QB you always talk about like this, but I won't name him.) I was in Cleveland when had to ask that question - the confetti test. After all these years, if I can't see the confetti falling, blow the whole thing up instead of continuing to pay all the superstars. Can this team get you to promised land? Do you want to stay middle of pack? And I picked Cowboys to win Super Bowl last year, but maybe they have to blow it up now.
  • Devin McCourty: Dak sees all these QBs who went to new teams and won. We knew it was Brady's last year when we played with him. As a player, you start to think about it. If I'm Dak, I start shooting text messages to my teammates. They may start wondering about him. I know Cowboys fans ready to move on but be careful what you wish for.

SPEAK
  • Shady: Yes. Can't win the big game. There are QBs who would die to have same talent he has had over years around him. Cowboys used to win Super Bowls.
  • James Jones: No. If Dak gets over hump, price just went way up. What is your backup plan? You have no one who will get you over the hump. I know how hard it is to find a good QB. I was blessed with Aaron Rodgers and Derek Carr, but I also played with Matt Flynn, Scott Tolzien, and Seneca Wallace.
  • Acho: Yes, right move. Ample data size. 8 years. He won't get there. Jury would still be out on Brock Purdy, Trevor Lawrence, Justin Herbert, etc.

UNDISPUTED
  • Keyshawn: This is a bad idea. Smart of Jerry not to invest that much money in a QB who can't prove he can win in Playoffs. But it's a risk because he is without a doubt the top free agent available next year. He will play with a chip on his shoulder, and walk out the door. What if he goes to the Commanders? I guarantee you teams will line up to sign him. Teams are starving to get QBs who can play at that level.

GET UP
  • Dan Orlovsky: Jerry Jones is wrong. They're not "locked and loaded." They're locked only for 2024. The pressure has never been higher. My pushback is McCarthy and Prescott have not been given the support to win the SB this year.
  • Ryan Clark: Jerry Jones says "I can do bad all by myself." With Jones not equipping last year with tools though, that tells me this is last season for McCarthy and Prescott.

I believe Dak's agent knows what he is doing more than GM Jethro knows what he is doing.