Video: Ex-NFL Player Reaction: Is it right move for Dak to play out his contract?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It's funny how context and perspective changes everything. There are in fact a lot of teams that would love to have Dak, some of them just want to win more games and be relevant, a few of them actually have great defenses and a running game in place where Dak could make them contenders (maybe). Jerry is incapable of building a balanced team so Dak's tenure here has seemingly reached it's zenith. Dallas needs an elite QB in order to contend, some other teams might be able to do it with Dak. A smart GM could have parlayed this into a big trade worth multiple high picks.
this should be the focus..not wether Dak stays or goes..How bad this FO has handled this is ridiculous..you got a gift AGAIN at QB and not only will you get noting from it your going to lose him and get nothing but a comp pick and a cap hit for it....i really dont care if Dak stays or goes because the QB isnt what is holding this Franchise back...but to follow up the Amari debacle with this is just ridiculous and literally the owner waving the middle finger to the fans.."I'm all in" yup your all in on kicking your fans in the nutz...

Chasing6

Reaction score
432974859_122134105808145955_2173676690683453050_n.jpg

Plaxico Burress RIDICULES Dak Prescott by astonishingly claiming that the Cowboys won’t win a Super Bowl with him
With the Dallas Cowboys is correct.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
When Jerry is done with Dak this coming season (as the setup is in big time) he will be lucky to get Kirk Cousins's money.
PAPPY rarely is wrong and mark my words his next team will find out very fast the mental midget they made the mistake of signing.
What is the setup? Shouldn’t Jerry be working on setting up the Cowboys’ future by moving onto an alternative to Dak at quarterback and simultaneously hoping some team pays an astronomical amount for Dak?

Chasing6

Reaction score
lol, that should fix him. Once his new team pays him, how many years will it take them to get elite players at every position to carry him?
Depends on if he gets he signs with a team like Brady did with Tampa or Manning did with a Denver.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Depends on if he gets he signs with a team like Brady did with Tampa or Manning did with a Denver.
he's no Brady or Manning, he's the guy the team has to carry. Isn't that what the dak lovers keep saying? He needs the best offensive line, best running back, best defense, and best coach. Yep, I agree with you, that's going to happen. *chuckles*

Chasing6

Reaction score
he's no Brady or Manning, he's the guy the team has to carry. Isn't that what the dak lovers keep saying? He needs the best offensive line, best running back, best defense, and best coach. Yep, I agree with you, that's going to happen. *chuckles*
They signed with a stacked team. Manning barely could move his neck. TB and Denver traded picks. Dak will be free and team will keep their picks.

Manning was a bus driver in Denver.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You’ll care how long it takes to find another capable QB after a number of bad seasons. A lot of fans will appreciate what we had in Dak when they experience what could be year after year of futility. The Jets haven’t had a viable QB since Joe Namath. KC went almost 50 years trying to replace Len Dawson. Washington has been struggling for years trying to find a franchise QB. Glad some of you don’t run the team.
Most of us are just rather exhausted with the entire Dak experience.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
They haven’t locked him up because he’s looking for a lot of money. He could be looking to reset the market. It took long to extend him the first time. I chuckle at how some of you act like missing the playoffs is no different than making the playoffs and going one and done. :rolleyes: At least having a good team and making the playoffs gives you a chance.
I chuckle at some of you that actually care most about how much money Dak can make.
NTC and term was always so much more of a mistake than how much Dak was getting paid.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I don’t care to be 5-12. It may not bother you and some other fans but it would bother me. You have no chance at 5-12. You’re hopeless.
Actually with Rush we were 5-1 without Dak, no reason we will be 5-12 without dak going into the future.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Actually with Rush we were 5-1 without Dak, no reason we will be 5-12 without dak going into the future.
Don’t know why some of you keep bringing that up. Did you actually watch those games? We were 5-1 with Rush because we had a great running game and our defense was playing lights out. We had 176 yards rushing against the Giants and 163 against the Rams. We rushed for well over 100 yards in all but one of the wins we had with Rush and our defense was on pace to break the all-time sack record. We never gave up more than 17 points in the 5 wins we had with Rush despite having very little passing game. Rush only had 100 yards passing against the Rams but we won by 2 scores because of our defense and running game. Rush only had 5 TD passes in 6 games. When Dak returned our offense went from 17th to number one and we became the highest scoring offense. It’s laughable if some of you think we can win with Cooper Rush with the team we have now. :rolleyes:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Don’t know why some of you keep bringing that up. Did you actually watch those games? We were 5-1 with Rush because we had a great running game and our defense was playing lights out. We had 176 yards rushing against the Giants and 163 against the Rams. We rushed for well over 100 yards in all but one of the wins we had with Rush and our defense was on pace to break the all-time sack record. We never gave up more than 17 points in the 5 wins we had with Rush despite having very little passing game. Rush only had 100 yards passing against the Rams but we win by 2 scores because of our defense and running game. Rush only had 5 TD passes in 6 games. When Dak returned our offense went from 17th to number one and we became the highest scoring offense. It’s laughable if some of you think we can win with Cooper Rush with the team we have now. :rolleyes:
Your are talking logically. That does not fit the narrative for these emotional fans.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I chuckle at some of you that actually care most about how much money Dak can make.
NTC and term was always so much more of a mistake than how much Dak was getting paid.
Where do I care how much money he makes? I’ve never complained about his contract. I’ve always eliminated his salary from the equation. I focus on what he means to the team and how hard it will be to replace him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Most of us are just rather exhausted with the entire Dak experience.
Most of us are exhausted talking about him. You’ll be a lot more tired experimenting with other QBs trying to replace him. You’ll get tired of watching the team sit home for the playoffs every year if we struggle to replace him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Then why haven't they paid him whatever he wants and locked him up?

I chuckle at how some of you act like losing in the WC game is so much better than being a bad team, it's not. You never want to be a mid team either great or bad.
Fans have a different perspective than owners.

They care about making money. Selling Jerseys, swag, ticket sales, TV ratings, prime time games, playoff revenue, etc.

If Jerry decides to do a full rebuild he could end up being a sub .500 Owner/GM.