Exactly 7 years ago on that December 2, 2016 day

DripTooHard

Reaction score
our reward for the 1 seed was Aaron Rodgers
And Byron Jones with Jared Cook sneaking up behind him for a game sealing catch. I saw Byron just before a preseason game the following season and I shouted out, “Hey Byron don’t let those tight ends sneak up behind you, Mr. Zone Integrity!” He gave me a dirty look and proceeded to sign autographs for a group of kids with an embarrassed look on his face.

Motorola

Reaction score
7 years ago on that December 2, 2016, them Dallas Cowboys led by then rookies Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott were on an 11 game win streak! Wow, how time flies. Dak, Zack Martin and Tyron Smith are the only players from this poster left on the Cowboys. Let's hope this year's Cowboys (currently at 9 - 3) can lead the team past the NFC Divisional Round of the playoffs.

:starspin:GO COWBOYS! :starspin:

Screenshot-20231202-141840-Facebook.jpg

Can you name all the players on this 2016 poster?
Didn’t know that promo ad existed.
Is the poster still available?

Motorola

Reaction score
Sad but true. It was only 7 years ago. How drastic the team can change in such a short amount of time.
And how extremely different the league is from me and others who watched the games as youngsters in the 60s and 70s.
Five or six starters on both sides of the ball were fixtures for a half dozen to 10 seasons for the Cowboys...and a number of other NFL teams back then.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Should have won a super bowl but we benched Romo. I will never forgive the organization for that.
Cowboys didn't lose that divisional playoff game to the Packers because of Dak. Dak actually kept the team in a game and even helped bring the team back from being 18 points down halfway through the 2nd quarter only to tie it 31 - 31 with 35 seconds left in regulation. Dak threw for over 300 yards and 3 TDs in his first playoff game, something Romo never accomplished throughout his many playoff games.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Cowboys didn't lose that divisional playoff game to the Packers because of Dak. Dak actually kept the team in a game and even helped bring the team back from being 18 points down halfway through the 2nd quarter only to tie it 31 - 31 with 35 seconds left in regulation. Dak threw for over 300 yards and 3 TDs in his first playoff game, something Romo never accomplished throughout his many playoff games.
We would not have been down 18 with Romo that's the point :facepalm:

starfan1

Reaction score
Should have won a super bowl but we benched Romo. I will never forgive the organization for that.
Blah Romo had a better team in 14 and failed because of the same reason the defense and Aaron Rogers

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I won't lie. Thought we were Super Bowl bound that year. New QB and RB, it was meant to be.... what could go wrong? :facepalm:

Motorola

Reaction score
7 years ago on that December 2, 2016, them Dallas Cowboys led by then rookies Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott were on an 11 game win streak! Wow, how time flies. Dak, Zack Martin and Tyron Smith are the only players from this poster left on the Cowboys. Let's hope this year's Cowboys (currently at 9 - 3) can lead the team past the NFC Divisional Round of the playoffs.

:starspin:GO COWBOYS! :starspin:

Screenshot-20231202-141840-Facebook.jpg

Can you name all the players on this 2016 poster?
Beasley, Elliott, Lee, and Prescott are easy.
Who's image is that guy to the left of the QB?

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
This look familiar to you

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We would not have been down 18 with Romo that's the point :facepalm:
You forget the refs played a huge part as to why the Cowboys were down 18 points halfway through the 2nd quarter.

Here, rewatch the game and remember what truly happened and why. I don't know if this tape shows all of the badly flagged calls the crooked referees made, but I hope it does so you can remember what happened and why...

Motorola

Reaction score
From left to right (in front of Dak):

Dez
Romo
Sean Lee
Zeke
Cole Beasley
Barry Church
Give myself an F on not recognizing that was Dez.
D on not doing some homework to figuring out Church.
I = Incomplete on that image of Romo (too small and blurry).

That image to the left of #4 ---- is it
A) a pudgy Bill Maher?
B) POTUS 45?

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL