Exactly how have we gotten better from last year?

D4KADON

Reaction score
I understand their philosophy of not wanting to overspend but this roster needs some serious remodeling. I thought with the Dak contract out of the way, they could focus on making this roster more balanced

If anything, this team seems worse than last year

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I understand their philosophy of not wanting to overspend but this roster needs some serious remodeling. I thought with the Dak contract out of the way, they could focus on making this roster more balanced

In the Jones boys mind....Quinn...he will be the savior on def

Sydla

Reaction score
We haven't. For the most part, Jerry and Stephen don't think they can get better in FA. They can add some depth but they apparently don't believe they can or should add impact players from FA. All the solutions to the biggest problems the roster has will be solved in the draft.

So when FA kicked off yesterday, there was no intention to "get better" on the part of the Jones.

The Natural

Reaction score
We haven't gotten better. But someone will inevitably get hurt and they'll milk that as the reason they underachieved like they do every year. I hope you in-state fans are not still buying tickets for this garbage.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Well, lets hope everyone stays healthy. Because we have absolutely no depth. That is the only way I can see us being better from last year.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
In the Jones boys mind....Quinn...he will be the savior on def

correct.. The 2021 defense will be about the same as the one that was on the field last year, maybe a CB or FS will be new on the roster, but that's about it. They are counting on Quinn to sprinkle fairy dust on the putrid defense and make them better on scheme and system alone. All they do is add "depth", to what.....a poor starter. SMH. No wonder this defense doesn't get better, no intent to upgrade, just depth to inadequate starters because we like our own. I really think these two mutts are so far deep into the forest, they can't see their way out.

davey999

Reaction score
Exactly how have we gotten better from last year?

It's only March 18th. The Cowboys don't need to be better until the season opener.

My goodness FA is only a couple days old and the draft is 6 weeks away.
I have heard this every year. And every year, those have asked the question have been proven right. These guys have no idea how to construct a good, NFL roster.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Where do I begin?

Offense:

QB: Dak instead of Dalton, Denucci, Gilbertr

Oline: Martin, Collins, Smith back...............Williams not coming off ACL injury, McGovern healthy in his 3rd season with a year experience playing, Biadasz in his 2nd season after getting some starting experience

WR: Lamb in his 2nd year getting more comfortable with Dak and the offense

TE: Get Blake Jarwin back from injury

Defense:

Coaching: Nolan was fired and Quinn was hired

Diggs and Gallimore in their 2nd years after looking good and getting great experience

Wilson will be better after getting an entire year of experience

Draft: Top 10 pick in each round and an extra 3rd and 4th comp pick

FA: Not done yet.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Health for one. But we haven’t improved on Defense at all. They were all healthy.

I guess you missed last year?

Lee, McCoy, Hill, our entire secondary, LVE all missed time because of injury if not the entire season. Gregory didnt play until like game 6?

Half of our defense missed time. The defense actually improved in the 2nd half of the season because of health.

Aven8

Reaction score
I guess you missed last year?

Lee, McCoy, Hill, our entire secondary, LVE all missed time because of injury if not the entire season. Gregory didnt play until like game 6?

Half of our defense missed time. The defense actually improved in the 2nd half of the season because of health.

McCoy doesn’t play for us and never did and Lee is done.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score

Well, we’re going to get back a butt load of injured players and also, can you maybe wait until free agency and the draft are over?

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Where do I begin?

Offense:

QB: Dak instead of Dalton, Denucci, Gilbertr

Oline: Martin, Collins, Smith back...............Williams not coming off ACL injury, McGovern healthy in his 3rd season with a year experience playing, Biadasz in his 2nd season after getting some starting experience

WR: Lamb in his 2nd year getting more comfortable with Dak and the offense

TE: Get Blake Jarwin back from injury

Defense:

Coaching: Nolan was fired and Quinn was hired

Diggs and Gallimore in their 2nd years after looking good and getting great experience

Wilson will be better after getting an entire year of experience

Draft: Top 10 pick in each round and an extra 3rd and 4th comp pick

FA: Not done yet.
Not worried about the offense, especially if the tackles stay healthy.

But we have lost Chido and Joe Thomas from a defense that needed a lot of help. We need a generationally successful draft to field a championship defense if we don’t fix a couple spots in FA.