Excuses are for the pretenders

cern

Reaction score
A spirited repartee is the essence of these threads. For some there is therapeutic value. Confrontation gets everything out in the open.
Swing tackle was not a need back then. We had Free and we were set with that position. We took Green as a backup. Nothing more. He was injured and we reached. Why can't you understand that?

Yes we needed a runningback then. The FO didn't want to admit it. To go into the season with Randle as rthe starter was a dumb. Luckily he stoled some underwear and was booted from the team.

Coleman is not starting because Freeman is under contract. If he wasn't he would be starter. Secondly, Coleman is a far better runner than anything we had then. Where is Randle? Where is DMC now? Heck I would have selected Ajayi.

Poiint is Dallas failed to pick a runningback then just to prove a point that they were smarter. The failed. DMC ran for 1000 yard. Big deal. We should have had a runner that could run for 1,500.

Basically Dallas failed. Where is Gregory right now? What happened to Chaz Green? Both major failures, both bust. So please don't try to argue your point. Anyone knows what a failure those two have been.
a swing tackle is always important. one that can competently play either left or right side in case of injury. it took 3 years to get parnell up to snuff before he left. chaz green looked like he might be good until last year against atlanta. we're lucking to have fleming now.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
A spirited repartee is the essence of these threads. For some there is therapeutic value. Confrontation gets everything out in the open.

a swing tackle is always important. one that can competently play either left or right side in case of injury. it took 3 years to get parnell up to snuff before he left. chaz green looked like he might be good until last year against atlanta. we're lucking to have fleming now.

Chaz Green was a reach. He was projected to be a 5th rounder and an often injured swing tackle. He was not projected to start and only to be a backup.

That draft was one of the deepest for runningbacks. Yet Dallas failed to draft one. Heck they didn't draft Rawls that year. Its silly for a team who runs the ball so much to not even find a suitable replacement for Murray. Randle and/or DMC was not the answer.

Dallas wisedup after a year and selected Zeke with the 4th overall pick. Now were cursed with Chaz Green and Randy Gregory. Both of them have given nothing.

kskboys

Reaction score
Chaz Green was a reach. He was projected to be a 5th rounder and an often injured swing tackle. He was not projected to start and only to be a backup.

That draft was one of the deepest for runningbacks. Yet Dallas failed to draft one. Heck they didn't draft Rawls that year. Its silly for a team who runs the ball so much to not even find a suitable replacement for Murray. Randle and/or DMC was not the answer.

Dallas wisedup after a year and selected Zeke with the 4th overall pick. Now were cursed with Chaz Green and Randy Gregory. Both of them have given nothing.
Yeah, if you wiff too much in rounds 2 and 3, you'll never get good.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Swing tackle was not a need back then. We had Free and we were set with that position. We took Green as a backup. Nothing more. He was injured and we reached. Why can't you understand that?

Yes we needed a runningback then. The FO didn't want to admit it. To go into the season with Randle as rthe starter was a dumb. Luckily he stoled some underwear and was booted from the team.

Coleman is not starting because Freeman is under contract. If he wasn't he would be starter. Secondly, Coleman is a far better runner than anything we had then. Where is Randle? Where is DMC now? Heck I would have selected Ajayi.

Poiint is Dallas failed to pick a runningback then just to prove a point that they were smarter. The failed. DMC ran for 1000 yard. Big deal. We should have had a runner that could run for 1,500.

Basically Dallas failed. Where is Gregory right now? What happened to Chaz Green? Both major failures, both bust. So please don't try to argue your point. Anyone knows what a failure those two have been.

Free started; swing tackle is the gameday backup for OT. L2football.

Coleman cannot beat a 4th round pick. He isn't starting because he cannot beat out Freeman for the job. Coleman has never put up a season like DMC did that year; and has been below average with backup touches.

I like how you ignored all I said about the defense and QB being the problem. The stacked the box every week and DMC still got 1000 yards.

Who cares where they are. The NFL stands for Not For Long. We have Zeke now. That does not mean that DMC was fine running the ball that year.

Gregory is likely to be reinstated. You been under a rock? Glad to see you will be cheering for him to fail though so you can harbor your grudge. Green is still on the roster. Again he had 1 bad game and 4.5 good ones so far in his career.

And you should start talking about foresight and the like which is what this argument started off being about before you decided to make it about some other grudge you are hung up on.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I still find it comical that any fan can still defend that pick and say "uh well he looked okay before that".

That Atlanta game is something he will likely never recover from. He is still talking about it, it is still in his head.

He is toast. He was a reach, a bad pick, an oft-injured soft loser and he will soon be out of the league.

Or maybe that is what his answer was to a question about that game. Or do you really think he brought it up all on his own?

I do like how when you make **** up it has to be in the worst possible light.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yeah, if you wiff too much in rounds 2 and 3, you'll never get good.

The over under on a good draft is finding 2 players. it doesn't matter which round. You want to pretend we haven't drafted well by waving your hands at 2015 too?

rpntex

Reaction score
They may or may not have. Thats the problem. The media and others are making excuses and it making them comfortable. Because of that they don't seem like they need to change and that everything is fine and dandy.

Then stop spouting crap like “Jerry/Garrett said such and such”.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Free started; swing tackle is the gameday backup for OT. L2football.

Coleman cannot beat a 4th round pick. He isn't starting because he cannot beat out Freeman for the job. Coleman has never put up a season like DMC did that year; and has been below average with backup touches.

I like how you ignored all I said about the defense and QB being the problem. The stacked the box every week and DMC still got 1000 yards.

Who cares where they are. The NFL stands for Not For Long. We have Zeke now. That does not mean that DMC was fine running the ball that year.

Gregory is likely to be reinstated. You been under a rock? Glad to see you will be cheering for him to fail though so you can harbor your grudge. Green is still on the roster. Again he had 1 bad game and 4.5 good ones so far in his career.

And you should start talking about foresight and the like which is what this argument started off being about before you decided to make it about some other grudge you are hung up on.

Freeman is a starter because of contract. Coleman is better than DMC if he was in Dallas. Otherwise where is he now?

Kyle Shanahan knew how to use Coleman as a weapon. Their new OC doesn't know squat. Coleman will have a more bigger role this season I heard. But for now Freeman is starting because he is under contract.

Your reaching with your argument. Coleman may not be starting. But look at the other runningbacks like Ajayi - who was kicking butt with the Eagles. I'd take him any day over DMC or even Chaz Green.

We could have also gotten Rawls. Who went to the Seattle and started. Like I said, Dallas was dumb not pick a runningback in this draft. Dumb.

Argue all you want. Doesn't change the fact that Chaz Green ruined our season last year and Gregory has yet to be reinstated. Hopefully he will. Because so far our 2nd and 3rd rounder that year is still considered a bust.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Freeman is a starter because of contract. Coleman is better than DMC if he was in Dallas. Otherwise where is he now?

Kyle Shanahan knew how to use Coleman as a weapon. Their new OC doesn't know squat. Coleman will have a more bigger role this season I heard. But for now Freeman is starting because he is under contract.

Your reaching with your argument. Coleman may not be starting. But look at the other runningbacks like Ajayi - who was kicking butt with the Eagles. I'd take him any day over DMC or even Chaz Green.

We could have also gotten Rawls. Who went to the Seattle and started. Like I said, Dallas was dumb not pick a runningback in this draft. Dumb.

Argue all you want. Doesn't change the fact that Chaz Green ruined our season last year and Gregory has yet to be reinstated. Hopefully he will. Because so far our 2nd and 3rd rounder that year is still considered a bust.

Freeman starts because he is a better RB. He has been on his rookie contract up until this past season ended too so i have no idea what you are talking about. He beat out Coleman for the starting job in 2015. Coleman is the inferior player.

Sure Randall melted down hard with mental illness but he was a much more effective backup than Coleman has ever been. it is easier to run as a backup and Coleman cannot even get 4.5 ypc.

Ajayi was a day 3 pick. The ones you are whining about are irrelevant. Rawls was a 7th round pick and reaching for need on day 3 is plain dumb for all your hindsight cherry picking.

As for Gregory and Green you can characterize them how you want. Oversimplifying last season to Green is pretty mindless. He had a bad game but that is no excuse for Prescott spitting the bit, nor does it account for the injuries at LB, the issues in the secondary early, growing pains for young DBs, poor tackling in the back 7, poor OL play by LC and TFred, the decline of Witten, TWill regressing, or any other number of things that negatively impacted last season.

Sepia

Reaction score
Garrett’s the biggest excuse maker in the organization. Almost never admits his mistakes. As a Princeton Man, he rationalizes his bad decisions. Reporter, “why did you settle for a 51 yard FG(which was missed)when you had 35 seconds to run another play”. Garrett, “well(in his head he’s thinking how dare you ? me), we were satisfied with our position on the field”.

I agree with the OP, and I would have agreed to this a few months ago. To be fair, though, since watching All or Nothing, it appears that Jason concedes to coaching mistakes when behind closed doors with the team and players, but not to the media. I don’t know if that’s pride, or keeping issues in-house, or what.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Freeman starts because he is a better RB. He has been on his rookie contract up until this past season ended too so i have no idea what you are talking about. He beat out Coleman for the starting job in 2015. Coleman is the inferior player.

Sure Randall melted down hard with mental illness but he was a much more effective backup than Coleman has ever been. it is easier to run as a backup and Coleman cannot even get 4.5 ypc.

Ajayi was a day 3 pick. The ones you are whining about are irrelevant. Rawls was a 7th round pick and reaching for need on day 3 is plain dumb for all your hindsight cherry picking.

As for Gregory and Green you can characterize them how you want. Oversimplifying last season to Green is pretty mindless. He had a bad game but that is no excuse for Prescott spitting the bit, nor does it account for the injuries at LB, the issues in the secondary early, growing pains for young DBs, poor tackling in the back 7, poor OL play by LC and TFred, the decline of Witten, TWill regressing, or any other number of things that negatively impacted last season.

Nope YOUR still wrong. Like I said, Gregory and Green were dumb picks. PERIOD. Perhaps by Jerry. To keep justifying it like you have is being stubborn.

We needed a runningback to fill in the shoes left by Murray. Going into the season with Randle as the starter was just plain stupid. Secondly, DMC was nothing more then recycled goods and nothing more.

I don't care whether Ajayi and or Rawls were day 3 selections. They were miles better than what we had then.

That draft shows how stubborn the FO was. They surely learned from it after that.

However, Randy Gregory and Green are BUST and have hurt this team more than anything. To argue otherwise is being stubborn and nothing more.

kskboys

Reaction score
The over under on a good draft is finding 2 players. it doesn't matter which round. You want to pretend we haven't drafted well by waving your hands at 2015 too?
Agenda much?

It's like, you don't read what I write, but answer as if you're answering a different post.

Your persecuted combative posting style does crack me up, though, so at least you amuse me!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Nope YOUR still wrong. Like I said, Gregory and Green were dumb picks. PERIOD. Perhaps by Jerry. To keep justifying it like you have is being stubborn.

We needed a runningback to fill in the shoes left by Murray. Going into the season with Randle as the starter was just plain stupid. Secondly, DMC was nothing more then recycled goods and nothing more.

I don't care whether Ajayi and or Rawls were day 3 selections. They were miles better than what we had then.

That draft shows how stubborn the FO was. They surely learned from it after that.

However, Randy Gregory and Green are BUST and have hurt this team more than anything. To argue otherwise is being stubborn and nothing more.
Yeah, you know if we'd have tried to draft a RB and failed to find a good one, I could live w/ the effort. But not even trying points toward very poor player evaluation

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Agenda much?

It's like, you don't read what I write, but answer as if you're answering a different post.

Your persecuted combative posting style does crack me up, though, so at least you amuse me!!!!

Please tell me which sentence I wrote demonstrates my being persecuted. That should be fun.

I gave you a fact. The average players that you can expect out of a draft is 2. Your expectations are unrealistic given reality. Deal with reality.

kskboys

Reaction score
Please tell me which sentence I wrote demonstrates my being persecuted. That should be fun.

I gave you a fact. The average players that you can expect out of a draft is 2. Your expectations are unrealistic given reality. Deal with reality.
Your answer doesn't even make sense. Can you try again?

You don't even know what a persecution complex is? Dang, you live under a rock?????

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Your answer doesn't even make sense. Can you try again?

You don't even know what a persecution complex is? Dang, you live under a rock?????

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

Your point about whiffing in round 2 and 3 misses the point of what does or does not make a successful draft. That goes doubly when you have the success rate in the first round we have had the past 8 years.

You have to hit on 2 draft picks in order to be average. We have been averaging above 2 per years.

Anyway if you look at the Garrett years, we are hitting better than 50% in the first three rounds. Yeah there was Gavin Escobar and Randy Gregory but there has also been Demarcus Lawrence, Tyrone Crawford, and Demarco Murray. What do you think the average success rate in the second round should be?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like Jimmy but come on he was damn near in tears when Dallas dropped 2 games in a row because Emmitt Smith was holding out. I agree about not making excuses but I also know Jimmy ego and it is a hell of a lot easier sitting in front of a camera talk the talk but anytime one of the triplets was out of the lineup Dallas record was not so good.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Jimmy but come on he was damn near in tears when Dallas dropped 2 games in a row because Emmitt Smith was holding out. I agree about not making excuses but I also know Jimmy ego and it is a hell of a lot easier sitting in front of a camera talk the talk but anytime one of the triplets was out of the lineup Dallas record was not so good.
Only partially true. The Cowboys made the playoffs in ‘91 and even won a WC playoff game with Steve Buerline at QB while Troy Aikman was hurt.