Excuses, excuses: That's all the Pistons have

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Robert Horry is amazing. I've seen him do this stuff for years and it was the reason I was excited when he joined San Antonio. I've seen him kill us and other teams for so long. I can't believe the Lakers let him go last year. I'm looking for a big game from Duncan in Game 6 because of his terrible performance in the final minutes of this game. We all know that's not how Duncan plays, the man has made plenty of clutch shots in his time. (And he used to be a much better free throw shooter when he entered the league! Gah! I don't know where he picked up this Shaq impression from!) Boy did Rasheed blow it going for Manu but I guess that's the kind of respect you get when you're an All-Star now.

No way in hell Detroit wins the next 2 at San Antonio. You can shut the book, the Spurs win the Finals again. I just hope they do it in 6 and kick the Pistons out now instead of giving me a heart attack in game 7. :)

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
That was one hell of a game. I was so hyped up afterwards, I couldn't get to sleep until about 3:30!

When Timmy fumbled the ball away with about 34 seconds left in OT, I thought it was over. But you know what? One of the great underrated moves was Pop putting Bowen on Billups there at the end. They weren't getting ANY stops before then. So when they forced Billups into the miss, I think everyone (except Sheed) knew what was coming next! :D

I'm not willing to write of the Pistons yet. They've shown too much heart over the past three games. I just hope the Spurs come out with heart and energy in game 6 and can jump out to a big, demoralizing lead.

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
Detroit got San Antoniowned.

IT'S OVER

You know it, We know it, the Spurs know it, the Pistons know it.

Pistons haven't won in SA in like 100 years, and they won't win 2 games @SBC this week.

NO FREAKING WAY!

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Payton34smith22 said:
Detroit got San Antoniowned.

IT'S OVER

You know it, We know it, the Spurs know it, the Pistons know it.

Pistons haven't won in SA in like 100 years, and they won't win 2 games @SBC this week.

NO FREAKING WAY!
I refuse to count my chickens before they've hatched.

I fully expect to watch game six with a full bottle of Pepto Bismol at my side. :p:

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
Danny White said:
I refuse to count my chickens before they've hatched.

I fully expect to watch game six with a full bottle of Pepto Bismol at my side. :p:

LOL,me too! Awesome sig man!!!:eek:

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Payton34smith22 said:
LOL,me too! Awesome sig man!!!:eek:
Thanks to BrainPaint for the sig. My only regret is that the flopping Rip Hamilton is now obscured by the righteous flames.

BTW did anyone catch Bowen's interview with Stu "booyeah" Scott after the game? He was ripping Rip for trashtalking. He really had some stern words for him and made Rip sound like a really little person. It was particularly funny because when Stu asked the question about what Rip says to him out on the court, he didn't expect Bowen's rather serious answer.

Hoov

Reaction score
What, its still basketball season ??? some of these sports drag on way too long.

And football gets, what - 5 months INCLUDING playoffs and championship.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Hoov said:
What, its still basketball season ??? some of these sports drag on way too long.

And football gets, what - 5 months INCLUDING playoffs and championship.
No one's holding a gun to your head making you watch.

Some of us like these little diversions between the Superbowl and the start of Training Camp.

:)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White said:
Thanks to BrainPaint for the sig. My only regret is that the flopping Rip Hamilton is now obscured by the righteous flames.

BTW did anyone catch Bowen's interview with Stu "booyeah" Scott after the game? He was ripping Rip for trashtalking. He really had some stern words for him and made Rip sound like a really little person. It was particularly funny because when Stu asked the question about what Rip says to him out on the court, he didn't expect Bowen's rather serious answer.
Didn't catch teh interview, cuz I barely made it through the game I was so sleepy. But I did catch that dunk. Horry does surprise people with his athleticism. People seem to think all he does is park around the 3-pt line and catch and shoot. I luv to see him drive the lane. I've luv'd watching Horry play since he got his original rings....w/Houston. :cool: :D

Now who's been a surprise to me in this series is Bruce Bowen. I've actually seen him dribbling and driving the lane. Pretty shocking to say the least. :eek:

As a basketball fiend, I appreciated the efforts of both teams last night. That game was what I expected out of the series in the very beginning. Tough D and tough shots. Altho I didn't expect the brain farts both teams had, but man that was some good ball that was played.

And the officiating well, it was about equal for both teams. Some questionable calls on both sides, but I don't think either side benefitted much from them. Players seem to forget that just because there's a lil contact, it doesn't equate to a foul, even when you've fell head first in some photographer's crotch. And on the final possession w/Rip, it was definitely an offensive foul. He was muscling Manu all the way to the lane. The refs prolly didn't call it, because the clock was so close to running out. JMO, of course.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Now who's been a surprise to me in this series is Bruce Bowen. I've actually seen him dribbling and driving the lane. Pretty shocking to say the least. :eek:
As soon as Bowen crosses the three point line with the ball, the Pistons run away from him like he has the plague. No one has any interest in defending him. They really want him to shoot at that point. So hey, I give him credit for driving as far as he can and putting it up. Hell, I could probably get a shot off with as soft as they play him.

For the record, it was Parker that Rip elbowed at the end.

BTW, is it just me or is anyone else always surprised when they see how few points Rasheed has at the end of any given game? It always seems like he's scoring at will, and then you look and he only has like 10 points.

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
Danny White said:

THAT DUNK WAS INSANE!!!!!! Almost made me cry LOL.

On the Bruce/Rip theme,Bruce completely called Rip out last night! He was asked what Rip was saying to him during the game. Bruce had said positive things about Rip and his game play, then went on to say that he couldn't repeat the things Rip has said, and that even though we can't hear what he's saying, people can read lips and that kids are watching. And that kids look up to them, and they should be more careful as role models what they say and how they act, because kids will copy their actions and words. And that some kid will go out for a pick up game and start talking trash and that people can get hurt.

It was one of the funniest things I ever seen. Bruce got him back for every jab Rip's made in the media by questioning the impact of his behavior on kids. I was lmao, because damn,that was a slam!

At one point, Rip slapped Bowen in the face. Bowen just smiled and walked away. Pistons fans are always moaning about the refs, but they were calling a lot of ticky-tack and phantom fouls agains the Spurs last night IMO.
I liked it when L.B. went to Rip at the end of OT, because Tony was on him. Tony standing his ground and harassing Rip into the miss while taking an elbow to the jaw was Awesome!

Hoov

Reaction score
Danny White said:
No one's holding a gun to your head making you watch.

Some of us like these little diversions between the Superbowl and the start of Training Camp.

:)

Actually, i'm not watching.

Just wanted to post something in the thread cause the board's a little slow today and that was the best i could offer since i dont watch or follow basketball.

Though i was pleasantly suprised that i didnt have to hear any hockey talk or see hockey stuff in the newspaper this year. (my daughter would hit me if she read this post)

Anyway guys, just kidding bout all this (to some degree).....im just not a hockey or basketball fan and it seems like those sports have a season that is 3/4 of the year compared to how quickly the NFL season comes and goes.

Maybe i would watch the sports if they only played 60 games a year or so, cause each game would be more meaningful. anyway, I'll let you all get back to your basketball conversation :)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White said:
As soon as Bowen crosses the three point line with the ball, the Pistons run away from him like he has the plague. No one has any interest in defending him. They really want him to shoot at that point. So hey, I give him credit for driving as far as he can and putting it up. Hell, I could probably get a shot off with as soft as they play him.

For the record, it was Parker that Rip elbowed at the end.

BTW, is it just me or is anyone else always surprised when they see how few points Rasheed has at the end of any given game? It always seems like he's scoring at will, and then you look and he only has like 10 points.
Rasheed is like the biggest underachiever I've ever seen. He has all the talent in the world and no will to use it. I've never seen a player with that much talent get completely taken out of a game as much as he has. It's disappointing to say the least. Cuz despite all the Portland BS, I like 'Sheed.

It was Parker?? Not sure why I thought it was Manu. But then Parker was covering Rip, cuz Bowen was on Billups. Alright. My bad. It happens.

Until Bowen proves to be a consistent offensive threat they'll leave him open all day long. If I was a coach I would too, until he started abusing me.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Rasheed is like the biggest underachiever I've ever seen. He has all the talent in the world and no will to use it. I've never seen a player with that much talent get completely taken out of a game as much as he has. It's disappointing to say the least. Cuz despite all the Portland BS, I like 'Sheed.

It was Parker?? Not sure why I thought it was Manu. But then Parker was covering Rip, cuz Bowen was on Billups. Alright. My bad. It happens.

Until Bowen proves to be a consistent offensive threat they'll leave him open all day long. If I was a coach I would too, until he started abusing me.

If I was Larry Brown, I'd have drawn up that last play to go to Rasheed. Redemption. He'd have made the shot, too.

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
Hey Danny......

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v661/payton34smith22/RobertHDunk_295_050619.jpg
BIG SHOT ROB IN THA HOUSE! ;)

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
Big Bens reaction to Horry's 3.....:laugh1: http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v661/payton34smith22/Buckwheat.jpg

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Payton34smith22 said:
Big Bens reaction to Horry's 3.....:laugh1: http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v661/payton34smith22/Buckwheat.jpg

ROFLOL!

That was good!

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
National Weather Service:
Detroit and surrounding area-
The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Warning for the area of Detroit and surrounding area. This so called Spurs Flash Flood is expected to rain on Detroits parade some time Tuesday night and is expected to cause massive emotional and structural damage for the remainder of the night. Please stay away from TV's and newspapers as you may be reminded of the damage. Please be aware of the severity and destruction of this quick moving Silver & Black storm, as it will be over before you know it.

Have a nice day....:D

GO SPURS GO!!!