Expect to land this corner in our all in offseason

plasticman

Reaction score
Two of the youngest 1st team All Pros at CB for the Cowboys and they want to sign a high price CB in free agency? Save the money for LBers and interior D-linemen.

Besides, why should the Cowboys shore up pass defense when the opponent is going to run the ball 70% of the time?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Would love to sign a guy like him on a relatively cheap 1 or 2 year prove it to me deal. Deals like that are what championships are built on. Think of the Gilmore deal or the Cooks deal. Nothing but sweet sweet value. The opposite of Diggs.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Would love to sign a guy like him on a relatively cheap 1 or 2 year prove it to me deal. Deals like that are what championships are built on. Think of the Gilmore deal or the Cooks deal. Nothing but sweet sweet value. The opposite of Diggs.
I'll pass. Missing piece is a DT.

John813

Reaction score
Dude is constantly injured and giving STDs to women.
Sign him up Jerry

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I'll pass. Missing piece is a DT.
Yeah for sure we need a DT. Probably two. Signing quality players to good contracts does not prevent you from doing other things. The two are not mutually exclusive.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We expect to land every free agent, so why would this one be different?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yeah for sure we need a DT. Probably two. Signing quality players to good contracts does not prevent you from doing other things. The two are not mutually exclusive.
Our cap space is mutual exclusive.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Last year we decided our biggest need was to fix the run game and we did nothing. This year it should be obvious that our biggest need is to fix our run game on defense.

So I am fully prepared that we will do nothing about it.
As is often the case, Jerry has boxed the team into a corner. So, the obvious answer to fix the run defense, based on what teams were successful with last year, is to bolster the middle of the DL, i.e. a run stuffing nose tackle (though if the guy can't provide at least a bit of pass rush it's not going to fix the total defensive problems).

But they drafted Mazi to do that, and he failed at it for the most part. So if Dallas drafts another run stuffing NT and he turns out great, then Mazi will ride the bench, meaning Dallas wasted a first round pick (again). Or if they feel Mazi can become what they envisioned (needed) when they drafted him, and he doesn't improve, now you have no run stuffing NT to fix the problem.

Very likely Dallas can keep Hankins, who's not a bad NT, just not great. So, my suspicion is that Dallas will ride with Mazi and Hankins, draft a LB or OT/C and pray fervently that Mazi pans out....