Expectations for Michael Gallup

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I'd like to get y'alls expectations for this kid going into year two.
For me, I'm expecting this dude to build off of his strong finish last year and prove to be an upper-echelon #2 reciever.
He has a penchant for chunk plays both downfield and from YAC and will take advantage of favorable matchups thanks to Cooper.
58 catches, 900 yards & 7TDs.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
72 on catches(4.5 a game) and 12 touchdowns.

Last year they kept throwing it to Gallup on the go routes. I expect us to hit on a lot more of those routes, for touchdowns nonetheless. Now without Dez we need that jump ball fade catcher, so I'm looking for him to fill that role. So ten plus touchdowns for him next year.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I have very high expectations. If Gallup becomes a real threat, this offense can go to the next level.
I agree. If he takes the next step as expected it gives the offense a two-headed monster at reciever we simply haven't had since T.O & Glenn (only 2006) moreso since Irvin & Harper, I guess.
Did you know Gallup had more chunk plays - receptions of 20 yrds or more - (12) on 33 catches last year than Dez had (10) on 69 catches in 2017?
That's my biggest reason for optimism with Gallup.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
He'll be a big play threat. Will probably average more than 15.5 a catch this season.
Yep.
We could see the intermediate (passes 10-20 air yards downfield) passing offense improve significantly because of Gallup, which was the passing offense's weakness. Should see the offense sustain drives more consistently if that improves, as well.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score