Expectations for Michael Gallup

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'd like to get y'alls expectations for this kid going into year two.
For me, I'm expecting this dude to build off of his strong finish last year and prove to be an upper-echelon #2 reciever.
He has a penchant for chunk plays both downfield and from YAC and will take advantage of favorable matchups thanks to Cooper.
58 catches, 900 yards & 7TDs.
Sounds accurate. Maybe 700 yards.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
For me, I'm expecting this dude to build off of his strong finish last year and prove to be an upper-echelon #2 reciever.
He has a penchant for chunk plays both downfield and from YAC and will take advantage of favorable matchups thanks to Cooper.
Showcase Gallup, across from Amari. Then, later, trade him for a safety.
Value for value, chaps.
As it is, carry on, then. Chipper there, fellows.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
With the addition of Cobb and witten plus the change in coordinators I wouldn’t be shocked to see his yardage a bit lower, say 600 to 700 but the tds sounds about right....5 to 7.

A lot depends on Moore
I expect a little more, we should see pass total to get to 4500 range.....so additional passing yards spread around.

jaybird

Reaction score
He’s sort of my pet cat. He’s seems to have that IT factor. Thinking 800 yards 8 TDS. Many of those will be late in the game

glimmerman

Reaction score
He will get better. Dak and Gallop will have even better timing this year. He was coming in last year. And with having Cooper on the other side and Cobb in the slot we will see him getting more targets. You can’t double cover all of them.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
pro bowl.
but he won't be able to compete.
because he'll catch the TD that wins us our 6th Super Bowl.

Post of the day.
Though I just started 10 minutes ago looking at everything. But I don't think this one may be topped.
:D
:clap:This is Garrett after that TD...anyone want to complain on him clapping for this one? :muttley:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You need to think this through a bit more. If that's 'throwing to a spot' then there's no such thing as throwing to a man.

Properly interpreted, 'throwing to a spot' has to mean a spot that's predetermined, even before the snap. What that gif shows is Dak throwing to where Beasley was going to be. But it was a busted play. Nothing predetermined about it. He wasn't 'throwing to a spot' just because he was throwing it to where Beasley was going to be. That's what a QB has to do in order to not throw behind a moving receiver.

Perhaps you could identify what 'throwing to a man' means in your world. Is it throwing to a stationary target? That throw doesn't exist in the NFL.

Are you serious? Lmao.

It's only throwing to a spot if it's determined before the play? That's really what you're claiming?

"Throwing it to where Beasley is going to be" yes that's all you need to know.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Are you serious? Lmao.

It's only throwing to a spot if it's determined before the play? That's really what you're claiming?

"Throwing it to where Beasley is going to be" yes that's all you need to know.

When is the QB throwing to a man? Never? QBs always throw it to where the receiver is going to be. So they’re always throwing to a spot?

As I said, you need to think this through a bit. Take as long as you need.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I expect Gallup to improve the season. The timing will be better. I can see a lot of longer TD's. Even if they are 15 to 20 yard passes and he runs 40 plus yards.
There will still be a few growing pains, as he still develops. But also will take some pressure off of other areas, Cooper, as well as the TE's.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The Truth?
Well sooner or later it rises to the top......:thumbup: no matter how much some here are selling us on the talents of Dak.
It's just crazy that y'all are absolutely incapable of original thought, you know? It's sad really.

Someone creates a thread asking output expectations of Gallup, and yet again y'all have to bring up that y'all think Dak sucks. Can't even come up with an estimation of output because y'all lack the brain power. I feel bad for y'all.

:thumbup:

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
There were missed opportunities between Gallup and Dak, there were made opportunities.

There were missed opportunities because Dak was off target, there were missed opportunities because Gallup slowed down or dropped an easy catch.

Stop trying to turn it into a debate of absolutes. What we have here is a 3rd year QB, a rookie 3rd round WR, and their first year playing together ever.

Gallup gave us a ton of reasons to be optimistic about the Dak-Gallup connection moving forward. It wasnt perfect year one. Deal with it. Lots of room for improvement for virtually everyone on this super young roster.

I think Gallup takes another step towards being a bonafide #2. I think he has it in him to reach the level of being a bad #1/great #2. If that happens, then look out.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gallup has the talent base the rest is up to his team and his coaches.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

59 catches, 870 yards & 11 TDs for 2019.
68, catches for 1010 & 12 for 2020.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I expect Gallup to punish 1 on 1 coverage. Numbers are gonna vary cause there's so many guys that can contribute.

Dak just needs to get #13 the ball better.

I'm a fan of Dak.

But I'm just as big a fan of Michael Gallup.

I truly believe we could have the best WR tandem in the league, if not by next year then the year after if we were to keep Cooper, Gallup.

He's a stud, and will only get better in another year.

I feel like he's very underrated. But I like that. I think his football instincts make up for whatever people under rate him for, and that's what makes him dangerous.