Expectations for Michael Gallup

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I expect Gallup to punish 1 on 1 coverage. Numbers are gonna vary cause there's so many guys that can contribute.

Dak just needs to get #13 the ball better.
Dak gets too much of the blame for some of the missed deep passes. Gallup on way too many of those slowed down after he initially beat his man. Cooper said that Dak is throwing to a spot and they can't slow down, the coaches want them to run full speed their whole route.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Dak gets too much of the blame for some of the missed deep passes. Gallup on way too many of those slowed down after he initially beat his man. Cooper said that Dak is throwing to a spot and they can't slow down, the coaches want them to run full speed their whole route.
Go watch the Rams game. Gallup run an in route on a 3rd down play (1st half), wide open Dak throws an errant pass, on a 8 yard route.

I don't care about a spot if a QB can't hit an open man...he is the problem, everything don't come on schedule. Dak hit Cole Beasley in the back of the endzone vs the NYG...that wasn't a spot, he threw to the man. Now just do that with Gallup.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Go watch the Rams game. Gallup run an in route on a 3rd down play (1st half), wide open Dak throws an errant pass, on a 8 yard route.

I don't care about a spot if a QB can't hit an open man...he is the problem, everything don't come on schedule. Dak hit Cole Beasley in the back of the endzone vs the NYG...that wasn't a spot, he threw to the man. Now just do that with Gallup.

... Dak absolutely threw to a spot on the Beasley TD. Idk what you're talking about

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I didn't see a great WR last year. He was a third round guy who we were grooming as a starter, largely because we didn't have any better long term depth.

I like our WRs this year, and wouldn't be surprised if Gallup's snaps drop relative to the games he started last year.

The role we need from him in the base is as a deep threat, but he doesn't really have the speed for it, while we have other players who do. If we go for more multiple run threat formations, Cobb and Austin will eat into his snaps. Maybe Smith or Johnson when they want a deep threat. On 3rd, Cobb and Hurns will eat into his snaps as more experienced possession WRs.

Not that big, not that strong, not that fast. Has a ceiling as a solid route running possession WR who gives YAC, but that solid route running usually takes development when you get to the NFL, especially if you don't have freaky speed and quickness.

Mr_437

Reaction score
... Dak absolutely threw to a spot on the Beasley TD. Idk what you're talking about

You need to quit. Are you saying Dak is an accurate QB...no stats or smoke n mirrors?

Look you can copy & paste up n down these threads, but Dak missed Gallup and other WRs too. That's part of the game, he just needs to improve.

Dak guaged where Beasley was and threw to his man based off different variables. You trying too hard!

What's up on that throw to Gallup vs the Rams? That's Gallups fault too?

Hardline

Reaction score

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You need to quit. Are you saying Dak is an accurate QB...no stats or smoke n mirrors?

Look you can copy & paste up n down these threads, but Dak missed Gallup and other WRs too. That's part of the game, he just needs to improve.

Dak guaged where Beasley was and threw to his man based off different variables. You trying too hard!

What? LMAO

"Dak threw to his man on the Beasley TD, not to a spot"

Me- shows you clear footage of him throwing to a spot

"You need to stop, are you saying Dak is an accurate blah blah blah."

That's a bad look hahahhaha

Just take your ginormous L little dude

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I noticed you conveniently left out all the bad misses and overthrows.
Kinda hurts your theory.

I noticed you yet against have nothing of substance.

But as I said, it's got to get old saying the same thing over and over again. It's super lame.

Mr_437

Reaction score
What? LMAO

You still not commenting on throw to Gallup vs the Rams. Or if Dak is an accurate QB...how convenient.

You've shown nothing except what you think in your mind. QBs throw to spots on timing routes...if what your saying is the case, every throw is a spot throw.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score

What? LMAO

Just take your ginormous L little dude
This is a Michael Gallup thread.
If you two want to go back and forth about Dak, take it to one of the hundreds of duplicate Dak threads.
Honestly, this garbage gets old. Healthy debate is one thing, but stay on subject or find another thread. Sheesh.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You still not commenting on throw to Gallup vs the Rams. Or if Dak is an accurate QB...how convenient.

You've shown nothing except what you think in your mind. QBs throw to spots on timing routes...if what your saying is the case, every throw is a spot throw.

L's for days lmao

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yep.
We could see the intermediate (passes 10-20 air yards downfield) passing offense improve significantly because of Gallup, which was the passing offense's weakness. Should see the offense sustain drives more consistently if that improves, as well.
,,,er,,,and the o.l.allows time enough for the #4 to remain focused in his targeting, as to be honest about it ,that is key in any of these w.r. projections

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score

You need to think this through a bit more. If that's 'throwing to a spot' then there's no such thing as throwing to a man.

Properly interpreted, 'throwing to a spot' has to mean a spot that's predetermined, even before the snap. What that gif shows is Dak throwing to where Beasley was going to be. But it was a busted play. Nothing predetermined about it. He wasn't 'throwing to a spot' just because he was throwing it to where Beasley was going to be. That's what a QB has to do in order to not throw behind a moving receiver.

Perhaps you could identify what 'throwing to a man' means in your world. Is it throwing to a stationary target? That throw doesn't exist in the NFL.

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I didn't see a great WR last year. He was a third round guy who we were grooming as a starter, largely because we didn't have any better long term depth.

I like our WRs this year, and wouldn't be surprised if Gallup's snaps drop relative to the games he started last year.

The role we need from him in the base is as a deep threat, but he doesn't really have the speed for it, while we have other players who do. If we go for more multiple run threat formations, Cobb and Austin will eat into his snaps. Maybe Smith or Johnson when they want a deep threat. On 3rd, Cobb and Hurns will eat into his snaps as more experienced possession WRs.

Not that big, not that strong, not that fast. Has a ceiling as a solid route running possession WR who gives YAC, but that solid route running usually takes development when you get to the NFL, especially if you don't have freaky speed and quickness.

I think he has the potential to be a great slot WR kinda like Keenan Allen. He has the speed and ability to play outside, but has the versatility and route running to move to the slot too. He would be a handful for most slot CBs to cover. I really would like to see us evolve where we can rotate Coop and Gallup into the slot. Tyler Boyd really emerged for the Bengals after moving him to the slot last year, very similar size, speed and skillset.