Expiring fan devotion

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Serious question, how many more years of the same crap from the Jones family before you lose interest?
Never. I became a fan of the franchise. Not coaches. Not players. Not owners. Not wins or losses. The Dallas Cowboys.

Question answered. I have several serious questions.

Why pose the duration as 'how many years?' Why not 'how many minutes' or 'how many seconds' instead?

Every individual is unique. My person perspective is that loss of interest is virtually instantaneous. A commercial comes on that does not grab my attention, I switch channels. A speaker becomes monotone during a staff meeting, I grab my iPhone and start watching TikTok videos. A squirrel keeps chewing nonstop on an acorn, I start walking further down the park's path to discover another animal I can spy. Except blue jays. They are annoying.

How does interest linger after it was lost? I was a Philadelphia 76ers fan for years. Caught every Sixer game CBS would broadcast back before cable hit my town and that was not often. Thank goodness when cable did arrive in 1980. Thought the team would build around Charles Barkley. They didn't. He left. I lost interest in Philadelphia the day he did. Stopped being a 76er fan after getting the news. My fandom turned cold turkey right then and there.

Sorry for the mini-rant. I comprehend what having interest and not having interest means for me, so it interests me whenever others question their own or others. lol. That is ironic. For me, that is.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I'll definitely admit to losing a great deal of my interest in this team in the past and especially, in recent times. If the Jones family has proven anything at all, it's that they're much more concerned with their own wealth and comforts than their team and its fans. It's a sad fact but unfortunately, so true. Admittedly, I've been a fan since this team's inception but they've gone to the dogs with little or no hope of recovering.
I suggest you go listen to Michael Irvin on the the pivot podcast and how he speaks about the Cowboys and Jerry without all the dramatics he has when on media shows on TV. He talks about he had the choice to not play for the Cowboys. He said all head to do was tell teams he wouldn't sign. And go the supplemental route because gb wanted draft him. And he said it was the Cowboys for him because that's who he was raised to watched by his dad. Said he wasn't playing anywhere else.

You can see just how clueless statements like this are when talking about Jerry. You hear media in Dallas talking now about Jerry double thinking the Elliot paycut because he doesn't want to insult him because of the work he's put in killing his body for this team rather just release him and let him choose what he does next You hear tyron saying he will never play for another team . You can tell in this podcast how Michael talks about Jerry and Jimmy that he like Aikman and Emmitt hold a little resentment towards Jerry and Jimmy for both of them screwing things up. You get that kind of feeling from Aikman and Emmitt when they talk about them. Goes even further with Jerry, as shram told him he would fire Landry because they were already going to fire him before the sale. But Jerry told him no its his job now. He's always been a stand up guy. When teams throw their players away like trash, the Cowboys don't run like that. That's why Jerry is loved by people who's worked and played with the team. Parcells has never said anything bad about Jerry. He had alot to say of past teams he's coached and the owners, so he's not one to hold back if he's thinking it.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I suggest you go listen to Michael Irvin on the the pivot podcast and how he speaks about the Cowboys and Jerry without all the dramatics he has when on media shows on TV. He talks about he had the choice to not play for the Cowboys. He said all head to do was tell teams he wouldn't sign. And go the supplemental route because gb wanted draft him. And he said it was the Cowboys for him because that's who he was raised to watched by his dad. Said he wasn't playing anywhere else.

You can see just how clueless statements like this are when talking about Jerry. You hear media in Dallas talking now about Jerry double thinking the Elliot paycut because he doesn't want to insult him because of the work he's put in killing his body for this team rather just release him and let him choose what he does next You hear tyron saying he will never play for another team . You can tell in this podcast how Michael talks about Jerry and Jimmy that he like Aikman and Emmitt hold a little resentment towards Jerry and Jimmy for both of them screwing things up. You get that kind of feeling from Aikman and Emmitt when they talk about them. Goes even further with Jerry, as shram told him he would fire Landry because they were already going to fire him before the sale. But Jerry told him no its his job now. He's always been a stand up guy. When teams throw their players away like trash, the Cowboys don't run like that. That's why Jerry is loved by people who's worked and played with the team. Parcells has never said anything bad about Jerry. He had alot to say of past teams he's coached and the owners, so he's not one to hold back if he's thinking it.
Sorry to say so but your love for Jerry leaves me cold nowadays and has for many years. As GMs go, he sucks. As a businessman, I'd say he's exceptional when it comes to things other than football. I'm sure like most of us, he has his better qualities and some that are difficult to tolerate. What he has done to the Cowboys team in terms of their performance has caused them to gradually dwindle into the ranks of the less than they were when he parted ways with Jimmy Johnson. I'm devastated to see that the chances of this team being in a Super Bowl is anything but likely. Nevertheless, I respect your right to admire him but feel nothing overly close to that myself. I'm certain I'm not the only one to feel that way. He's not for everyone. I feel as though you're as clueless as you consider me in that regard. We all have our likes and dislikes. Such is life.

Last edited:

LonnieElam

Reaction score
I'll probably never lose interest, but I have no desire to attend games anymore. I'm keeping my season tickets to profit every season, and to take my 4 year old to a game, or two. That's it.