Explain to me why we are cheap

Flamma

Reaction score
They are looking ahead. To when Diggs, Dak, and Parsons contracts come up

I thought of that too. But they wouldn't have to do that this year. Even if they extend Diggs and Lamb to monster contracts next year, It would barely affect the cap as both players still have a 4th year left on their rookie deal.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I’m just a simple man.

The Cowboys are the richest team in the NFL……but we are cheap

What are we saving this cap space for?
It's a reflection of the owner. Just think....Jerry has never drafted a QB with a number one pick after Jimmy left. Should tell you everything you need to know.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I’m just a simple man.

I'll decide when the season starts and all core spending is done.
I suspect we will end up spending all or almost all of our cap.
Either way, I hope we plan to spend more between now and September.

It seems that Dak, Zeke, Cooper, DLaw, Martin, Smith, etc---all who had some of the biggest contracts in the league at their position at time of contract---would not think we were cheap.

Fwiw.....Seeing that most contracts are not for one year, how much cap (what % of cap) do you think we will be saving over the next 4 years?

If we count "all-in" cap space....Dallas is sitting at 3.5 mil right now.
Top 51 and no rookies, we are at 14 mil

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I’m just a simple man.

So jerry can OVERPAY guys he likes.

The only logical reason would be to avoid doing restructures, so you can avoid paying a guy after he is gone.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Stephen needs to figure out that just copying someone else's formula for success does not guarantee your own. It goes deeper than that. Hell Jerry needs to learn that too. Figure out what you got, build to get the most out of that and fill in any holes as need be. If you have great players, pair them with great coaches not guys who should be interning so you can pat yourself on the back for "discovering" them.

Following business process does not mean you have the same business culture.

Lots of car companies pursued the hell out of Toyota and their production method. It doesn't mean they all had the same results as Toyota.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS: SOON AS WE SIGN SOMEONE WE'RE HAPPY, that player has a bad season, WE OVERPAID!!

JBS

Reaction score
Cap Boy saw his dad spending billions of dollars all those years and it got him 25+ years of nothing. I guess he thinks this needs to change now.
This changed 10 years again and we’ve won nothing

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Following business process does not mean you have the same business culture.

Lots of car companies pursued the hell out of Toyota and their production method. It doesn't mean they all had the same results as Toyota.

Ideally, the Cowboys want to set their sights on the idea of copying the Patriots. ;)

The problem with that has been that they've done that way better than we have. o_O

Last edited:

CowboyChris

Reaction score
even if their wasn’t a salary cap, we couldn’t buy a championship with the puppet coaches they hire

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
Cap Does not matter until there is an organizational change.

Swap the Patriots coaching staff with the Boys and the Boys would still be ofers.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Joes boys keep score by how much money they have. If they can save some money by not spending to the cap even better. They also know all us suckers aren't going anywhere so there is no need not to be cheap.

fansince68

Reaction score
A lot changed when Stephen took over. After years of Jerry blowing the cap, Stephen took over managing it. IMO the Patriots approach during that time had a significant impact on how Stephen approaches the cap and player management. New England never over paid for players and always signed vets for minimal contracts. They primarily built through the draft and did not chase players in FA. Essentially the exact opposite of Jerry's approach.
Yeah but NE always has good coaching, and a culture built for growth. We don't have that. We are always pushing for a headline to promote the circus.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Lying suits you

Oh, you didn't say perfect. My bad. Here's YOUR words.

"Cowboys signed a bunch of people. All quality signings at good prices. So far the offseason is going well. Cowboys have done a great job identifying who to keep and who to let go. Starting out with 25 million over the cap and now 25 million under. Still have the draft and money to spend after the draft."

You have been on Jerruh's nads all offseason about how he is doing a wonderful job.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Oh, you didn't say perfect. My bad. Here's YOUR words.

"Cowboys signed a bunch of people. All quality signings at good prices. So far the offseason is going well. Cowboys have done a great job identifying who to keep and who to let go. Starting out with 25 million over the cap and now 25 million under. Still have the draft and money to spend after the draft."

You have been on Jerruh's nads all offseason about how he is doing a wonderful job.
Great considering where we started. Cut the right people and resigned the right ones. Perfect? No

those that hate what we did are casual fans that have little concept of salary cap and roster management.

the Cooper trade was a disaster. And getting nothing for Collins was also dumb.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Great considering where we started. Cut the right people and resigned the right ones. Perfect? No

those that hate what we did are casual fans that have little concept of salary cap and roster management.

the Cooper trade was a disaster. And getting nothing for Collins was also dumb.
On Collins, people want to forget that he is one false step away from a one year suspension....and they apparently test him several times a week, and feels like he can invent his own excuses to miss them, and how to go about that.

That had to be a factor for teams. It would have been for me.

He signed for the same money he was making, so it wasn't that.