Extremeskins bashing Emmitt...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Henry said:
Yuck. This thread was full of ugly before I jumped in, and it's worse for my participation in it. Brainpaint, Hostile, my apologies. I'm done here. You can have your board back now.

Later, Dallas fans. Keep on hating. :)
It is an ugly thread, but you better stick around.

JMO, you post too much in the ugly ones and not enough in the serious football discussion ones. Shame on you. :D

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
#1- You all are just as big of homers as any other nfl team fan so don't try and put yourself ABOVE anyone else.

#2- Rather than stereotype ALL of extremeskins with 1 thread maybe you should grow up. That fact that on extremeskins people don't post threads about the crap said here shows something. It seems like everyday there is a " hey look at what they're saying." thread......

#3- Irvin is better than monk and deserves to go first. Clark may have had better #s at times but he wasn't the better of the two.

#4- If you respond like this is a "go away skins troll" manner then you don't visit this site enough. I don't troll here, and I will never defend ignorance. I don't mod extreme so I don't care what some of the kids say. If they think emmitt sucked then thats their opinion. If I recall that thread's original thought was to talk about emmitt comiong to washington or something.

#5 - as for you GTaylor , Maybe we should check the cwbzn after a loss huh....

Roughneck: "Actually, we're worse. We beat the Commanders because the refs decided to give us an extra little push. We beat the Browns because their DBs couldn't hold on to balls thrown right at them and nothing but green standing in front of them. "

This was posted by Wolverine in another thread:

Parcells: "I'm going with Vinny because he gives the team the best chance to win."

"Now, the question is .. WHICH team was Parcells talking about?"

)__________________

Neither of us are innocent.......Both teams sucked so who cares......Lets enjoy the offseason without ignorance.

Damnit I hate when KB makes a decent point.... :banghead: ;)

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
BTW, is anyone else having trouble with Extremeskins? It seems to be REALLY slow the last few days and the pages take like 5 minutes each to open?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
#3- Irvin is better than monk and deserves to go first. Clark may have had better #s at times but he wasn't the better of the two.

Clark's prime years was 7 years long. Monk's prime was 8 years long.

In their prime years, they were in the top 10 in catches the same amount of times (four). However:

1) Clark average more yards per catch than Monk. In fact, Monk was in the top 10 in yards per catch only once. Clark was in the top 10 in yards per catch 5 times.

2) Clark scored TD's. Clark was in the top 10 in passing TD's 5 times during his prime. Art Monk was in the top 10 once.

Comparing Monk to Clark is a joke. Monk was pretty much a great teammate that was nothing more than a nice safety valve to have at wide receiver. But, Clark was clearly the more valuable receiver and the better receiver on the team.

I'm not sure why Monk gets all the favoritism. Perhaps because he practically spent his entire career in DC (except for his last season with the Eagles). Perhaps he was a better locker room guy. But, the love for Monk and the lack of love for Clark doesn't make much sense.

Rich..........

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Henry said:
Apparently, you think of me as a troll.

Well, let's see-- you're a Skins fan, hangin' out in the Smack Talk forum of a Dallas Cowboys message board...

Now, why on earth would I think you're a troll, Henry??

Note that I'm not saying that you don't talk some good and serious football when the mood's on ya, or even that you haven't offered some serious contributions to our dialogue...

But yeah, from time to time you do a little (relatively benign) trolling... this is one of those instances... and I've got absolutely no problem with that...

If that's the case I suggest you grow some thicker skin.

And I'd suggest you check out the name of this forum again, and ask yourself if it's really so completely outrageous that I'm talkin' smack... this is all in good fun for me...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Hostile said:

IMO, there's nothing "ugly" about this thread at all, it just belonged on the Smack Board right from the start... the title of the thread is the giveaway...

But this is nothing more than a smackfest between Skins fans and Cowboys fans, over each team's fanbase... IOW, this is precisely the sort of thread you'd expect to find on a smack board, and I figure the existence of this smack board is a tacit endorsement of that sort of thread-- again, in the right place...

I will say that I feel kinda bad that I seem to have offended ol' Henry... like most of y'all, I have always thought that he contributes something of merit to the dialogue... I just thought that, like me, from time to time he enjoyed a smackfest... Henry, this was all BS to me, just blowin' off steam...

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
well It looks like this thread went from bad to worse without me in 24 hours....lol.....

oh well......

lol....and it got moved.....geeez.....

I'm tired....later.....

TexasCowboy

Reaction score
It's amazing how former Dallas players can still rritate the **** out of
NFL fans who can't stand that they 1 played for Dallas and 2 all ways
made it a habit to kick their teams *** twice a year. E-Girls fans still
to this day still ***** and moan about Aikman,Irvin, Deion and Emmitt
it's nice to know that even now we still own franchises who hate our
guts even if we're not beating them today

Henry

Reaction score
Hostile said:

JMO, you post too much in the ugly ones and not enough in the serious football discussion ones. Shame on you. :D

Could be. I usually only post in threads about the Commanders or Extremeskins. I guess those often happen to be the ugly ones. I agree with you that defending my board over here is largely a waste of time. In the future I'll just let you all think whatever the heck you want.

So yeah, I'm done with this thread. But I'll be around. It's a long offseason. :)