Twitter: Ezekiel Elliot and Tony Pollard rushing today

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Pollard just looks like he’s about to take it to the house nearly every time he touches the ball. It’s incredible he doesn’t have a 50 yard TD already the way he is running.

Clearly he's too slow.. LOL! In all seriousness I keep telling you that despite Pollard's incredible short area quickness his top end speed is no better than and maybe not as good as Zeke's. But neither of them is fast enough to take it coast to coast without receivers blocking downfield. That said I absolutely love the way Pollard attacks the crease when he sees it. It's a thing of beauty to watch and Zeke has clearly been paying attention when watching Pollard because he is doing less watching and waiting this year too.. It took him one game to acclimate but these last 4 weeks if he sees it he he hits it at warp speed..

Reactions: BAT

McKDaddy

Reaction score
his top end speed is no better than and maybe not as good as Zeke's
Not sure why you think that but I respectfully disagree. Zeke has mileage on the engine & tranny. Still good but Pollard can straight up scoot.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Not sure why you think that but I respectfully disagree. Zeke has mileage on the engine & tranny. Still good but Pollard can straight up scoot.

So you prefer the flash, but I love to smash.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

No problem with disagreeing.. I just know that there has been a few times when Pollard has been clear of the defense and gotten caught.. Same with Zeke.. neither of them has elite top end speed. No far neither of them has made it onto the top 20 fastest ballcarriers list. You know who from this team HAS? Anthony Brown who hit 21.52 mph on his INT return yesterday good for #7 and Trevon Diggs who hit 21.03 on his INT return against the Eagles for #14. Pollard hit 20.7 on his 28 yarder against the Chargers and Zeke's top speed was 20.66 on his 47 yard run against the Panthers. So we have two DBs who have hit higher top speeds than either of them.. which should surprise no one.. The only running backs in the top 20 so far is Melvin Gordon who at #6 hit 21.52 on his 70 yard run untouched in week 1 and Tevin Coleman who hit 21.09 on a KO return good for #12. People need to accept this for what it is. DBs and WRs are faster than running backs.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Clearly he's too slow.. LOL! In all seriousness I keep telling you that despite Pollard's incredible short area quickness his top end speed is no better than and maybe not as good as Zeke's. But neither of them is fast enough to take it coast to coast without receivers blocking downfield. That said I absolutely love the way Pollard attacks the crease when he sees it. It's a thing of beauty to watch and Zeke has clearly been paying attention when watching Pollard because he is doing less watching and waiting this year too.. It took him one game to acclimate but these last 4 weeks if he sees it he he hits it at warp speed..

Pollard's combine speed was a a 4.5. While Zeke's was a 4.4. But when you see both of them play you can see that Pollard has that speed and looks faster.