Twitter: Ezekiel Elliot and Tony Pollard rushing today

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is as good a place as any: Biadasz was remarkably quick at jumping on Pollard's fumble in the 3rd quarter.

That said, Pollard was breaking tackles and bursting all game against the Giants.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clearly he's too slow.. LOL! In all seriousness I keep telling you that despite Pollard's incredible short area quickness his top end speed is no better than and maybe not as good as Zeke's. But neither of them is fast enough to take it coast to coast without receivers blocking downfield. That said I absolutely love the way Pollard attacks the crease when he sees it. It's a thing of beauty to watch and Zeke has clearly been paying attention when watching Pollard because he is doing less watching and waiting this year too.. It took him one game to acclimate but these last 4 weeks if he sees it he he hits it at warp speed..

I am not sure the are used to having to block downfield. KM might have to work on that because our O-line and RB's are making plays now.

I have seen a few lackadaisical efforts.....that allows downfield defense to chase to down RB's/WRs.

Roy thinks he is so smart...how adorable cute HE is!....but playmakers NEED blockers. It's how it works.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard's combine speed was a a 4.5. While Zeke's was a 4.4. But when you see both of them play you can see that Pollard has that speed and looks faster.

I don't think we should get bogged down with who "looks faster".

I don't even think we should get bogged down with a timer.

Don't let cowboyROY drag you down to his hater level. POISON!

Enjoy the fantastic unbelievable Thor Hammer and Hermes Lightning. We make defenses heads spin....why are we fighting about it? .

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Nice graphic. I actually counted whether it had all 32 teams. Kept coming up with 31. Couldn't see Buffalo hidden behind Seattle until I supersized the graphic. LOL!

Reactions: BAT

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is as good a place as any: Biadasz was remarkably quick at jumping on Pollard's fumble in the 3rd quarter.

That said, Pollard was breaking tackles and bursting all game against the Giants.

Nope....he wasn;t. He was not as good as Zeke up the middle. BUT....he totally zombied them on some out side runs.

Why we let our personal agenda make up lies is beyond me....just enjoy both AMAZING RB's...while we can.

Hack and Slash....to borrow names from an old TV series. ENJOY it don't pit them against each other...sheesh.

Reactions: BAT

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nope....he wasn;t. He was not as good as Zeke up the middle. BUT....he totally zombied them on some out side runs.

Why we let our personal agenda make up lies is beyond me....just enjoy both AMAZING RB's...while we can.

Hack and Slash....to borrow names from an old TV series. ENJOY it don't pit them against each other...sheesh.
cant find a much better dup outside of Chubb/Hunt
that big debate not sure its toss up

Batman1980

Reaction score

Thunder and lightning. Zeke pounds them into submission and then Pollard runs away from them.

basel90

Reaction score
It's so obvious this is the central catalyst to team wins this year.
Zeke is truly in shape for the first time in 3 yrs and actually has a personal commitment towards being the best version of himself.
Pollard has grown into the type of change up outside running complimentary guy to Zeke's downhill bruising.
Almost like Ingram and Kamara from the Saints a few years back.

But the REAL CREDIT is the oline dominance.
None of it happens without them.

Passing or running.
It all starts and ends up front.

Seems like I read that somewhere before...
"Games are won and lost in the trenches"

For about my millionth post on this subject, - sarcasm on , - lol

jmo
The OL has gelled and either RB will get yards galore . Dak has plenty of time to throw as well .
Pollard is electric and I still see him as the best value and future of this team . However glad Elliott is justifying some of his absurd contract. Better get the value this and next year .

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

What the Hell are you talking about, "personal agendas"? I was in no way saying he played better than Zeke. I was just saying he was breaking tackles today, which he often doesn't do. I guess some people read what they want into what other people are saying. Talk about agendas.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What the Hell are you talking about, "personal agendas"? I was in no way saying he played better than Zeke. I was just saying he was breaking tackles today, which he often doesn't do. I guess some people read what they want into what other people are saying. Talk about agendas.
Oh...I think I hit a nerve. Sorry old chap.

Xeven

Reaction score
Pollard's combine speed was a a 4.5. While Zeke's was a 4.4. But when you see both of them play you can see that Pollard has that speed and looks faster.
Pollard has vision and good situational awareness that Zeke seemed to be missing. I will say Zeke seems to be learning how to find the angles like Pollard.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

I could spend hours talking to you about turnover and stride length and why one guy might LOOK faster than another but actually be slower but most people don't want to hear it. You can clearly see when Zeke gets into the open he has a longer gait than Pollard does.. Pollard is quicker because he uses a choppier gait which enable him to change direction better and accelerate faster.. but once out in the open I don't believe for a second he is any faster than Zeke and the MPH measurements bear that out. He IS very good at the outside run and making noise on the edges but he is not as good as Zeke is between the tackles though he has gotten much better at it this year. The fun part is that Zeke is also running to the edges better than last year... meaning now the defense can't just play either guy for one thing. Pollard can go inside and Zeke can go outside. That bodes well for our run game.