Twitter: Ezekiel Elliot donates to Salvation Army

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not knocking him for it and have said several times it was a nice gesture but it doesn’t erase what he’s done or that he’s a purse carrying, belly shirt wearing, entitled punk diva.

Could not agree more. I am off the Zeke train permanently. I don’t care what he does on the field.

shabazz

Reaction score
He donates 100K after getting 50 million guaranteed and he’s a good dude? LOL, he has so many of you wrapped around his little finger.

Tax write off and goodwill gesture accomplished. Boom!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Tax write off and goodwill gesture accomplished. Boom!

A 100k charitable deduction off an AGI that will probably be about $20MM or more is nothing. He did not do this for the tax benefit. He did it for the optics and because it was the right thing to do when Jerry just handed him a loot.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Lol, you and Ranch already brought up two great examples I didn’t even think of. Off the top of my head, I can make legitimate arguments that Hitler and Stalin did some good things but then people would try to say I’m comparing Zeke to them which isn’t what I’m doing.

All I’m saying is just because he donated money doesn’t make him a good guy or change the fact that he’s trash.

I’m fascinated by the JWG comment. Did you know Ted Bundy worked for a suicide hotline? Great guy, helping others save their lives!
I actually did know that about Bundy. He is a great example of how a bad person can be a chameleon.

Sydla

Reaction score
He donates 100K after getting 50 million guaranteed and he’s a good dude? LOL, he has so many of you wrapped around his little finger.

Plus, it's a stupid criticism anyway of fans. Most fans that have issues with how he acts off the field don't think he's some evil person who wouldn't work with charities or help people in need.

Most fans that have a problem with him off the field do so because he's a total knucklehead who does dumb things when he's partying, etc.

The fact he donates money and maybe his time doesn't mean he's not a knucklehead at times still.

shabazz

Reaction score
A 100k charitable deduction off an AGI that will probably be about $20MM or more is nothing. He did not do this for the tax benefit. He did it for the optics and because it was the right thing to do when Jerry just handed him a loot.

This is just one of the many philanthropic endeavors all celebrities give too. Many choose to spread the money around to various places but combined will be a substantial tax write-off. theirs nothing wrong with that. Makes good sense to choose your beneficiaries rather than let the government do it for you

So like i said, and firmly stand by, Tax write off and goodwill gesture accomplished. Classic win-win for all, except the IRS

aria

Reaction score
I actually did know that about Bundy. He is a great example of how a bad person can be a chameleon.
Ha, I kinda figured you did after mentioning the clown. As a younger lad I did a lot of reading/researching of serial killers. What’s ironic is how “popular” the subject now is due to Netflix and other tv shows but 20-30 years ago most people didn’t know anything about them but the names.

I’ve actually changed a lot. I still have an evil streak that frightens me at times but I’ve never seen the Netflix documentaries or read about serial killers, mass murders, etc. It’s still fascinating how they got away with it but I don’t enjoy reading about innocent people losing their lives. Not that I ever “enjoyed” it but it disgusts me and I already have enough negativity so I try to avoid it.

shabazz

Reaction score
Just for the record though, I saw a Rubber Arm for sale at one the Salvation Army thrift stores.

aria

Reaction score
Plus, it's a stupid criticism anyway of fans. Most fans that have issues with how he acts off the field don't think he's some evil person who wouldn't work with charities or help people in need.

Most fans that have a problem with him off the field do so because he's a total knucklehead who does dumb things when he's partying, etc.

The fact he donates money and maybe his time doesn't mean he's not a knucklehead at times still.
There’s also hundreds of athletes that donate money every year but it’s almost as if some people (not specifically talking about OP) mention Zeke’s “charity” to defend him against being a punk loser. You don’t hear a lot of people talking about the Mannings charitable causes or Dak’s because they’re considered “good” dudes and don’t need the publicity or defense of “hey, look what he did”.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Ha, I kinda figured you did after mentioning the clown. As a younger lad I did a lot of reading/researching of serial killers. What’s ironic is how “popular” the subject now is due to Netflix and other tv shows but 20-30 years ago most people didn’t know anything about them but the names.

I’ve actually changed a lot. I still have an evil streak that frightens me at times but I’ve never seen the Netflix documentaries or read about serial killers, mass murders, etc. It’s still fascinating how they got away with it but I don’t enjoy reading about innocent people losing their lives. Not that I ever “enjoyed” it but it disgusts me and I already have enough negativity so I try to avoid it.
I've always had a profound fear of clowns. When I first learn about JWG, those feelings were just cemented into my psyche.

You should go talk to a professional about that dark streak you are harboring my brother.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I've always had a profound fear of clowns. When I first learn about JWG, those feelings were just cemented into my psyche.

You should go talk to a professional about that dark streak you are harboring my brother.

I do not fear clowns, but I've always found them unappealing. Even as an 8 year old I recognized they were middle-aged men who didn't amount to anything, and now they have face paint on because its supposed to be... funny? I have never understood it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There’s also hundreds of athletes that donate money every year but it’s almost as if some people (not specifically talking about OP) mention Zeke’s “charity” to defend him against being a punk loser. You don’t hear a lot of people talking about the Mannings charitable causes or Dak’s because they’re considered “good” dudes and don’t need the publicity or defense of “hey, look what he did”.
But we do hear about the charity work of good dudes like Jason Witten who was abused as a child and now supports domestic violence prevention.

aria

Reaction score

One, that’s hilarious.

Two, it’s not that bad. I’m not po’d at the world or anything. It’s more applicable to hypothetical situations and people who really piss me off but more specifically anyone who threatens myself or family (not that that’s happened recently but if it did).

aria

Reaction score
I do not fear clowns, but I've always found them unappealing. Even as an 8 year old I recognized they were middle-aged men who didn't amount to anything, and now they have face paint on because its supposed to be... funny? I have never understood it.
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha...this thread is turning out to be the best of the year!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Well, I don't fear clowns like Roger Goodell but face painted clowns instantly creep me out.

aria

Reaction score
But we do hear about the charity work of good dudes like Jason Witten who was abused as a child and now supports domestic violence prevention.
True dat. You may know this but Witten is my favorite Cowboy of all time, great dude all around. IIRC his wife even worked at Parkland (the Dallas county hospital) as a nurse when he was well into his career. Good people.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
One, that’s hilarious.

Two, it’s not that bad. I’m not po’d at the world or anything. It’s more applicable to hypothetical situations and people who really piss me off but more specifically anyone who threatens myself or family (not that that’s happened recently but if it did).
I think you are just naturally protective of what's precious to you. It's a good thing, my brother.

aria

Reaction score
I think the clown thing gives a lot of people a chance to hide who they really are, it’s like a temporary escape.

For the record, I’m not bashing clowns and I’m sure there’s a lot that just enjoy making people laugh (or cry). I’m just saying I would be a little extra cautious around someone who part times as a clown.

Now...who here is a clown? Can’t wait for part two of IT!